Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just wanted to highlight how competitive the Brandable industry is. Like Nerevar pointed out, DropCatching is the lesson learned here.

I want to believe you would have registered P/r/o/m/o/t/e/I/Q based off the IQ suffix alone. I'm sorry for not coming to you privately, but because of this rare sequence of events, and minute chance you noted the dropping of this domain, I wanted to do so publicly to ensure user domain data accountability. I understand there may be difficulties in balancing a fair marketplace when you are a brandable domainer at heart and director by title. I hope you don't mind the documenting of this rarity to ensure things like this don't become a pattern.

Let's move past this and hope these hot keywords bring in repeat buyers and increase the overall sales percentage!

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know the growth rate of BB overall portfolio lately?

I'm quite surprised the inventory is just about reaching 24K names, considering a seller like @bazabizo, who I think owned about 400+ names, left the platform early this month. Even with that (400+ names less in a just a couple of days), the inventory has gone from about 23K to 24K in just one month.

I feel really curious (and maybe a bit worried too) about BB strategy and how they face the challenge of this huge portfolio growth.

•••
I think the growth rate has slowed since the introduction of mandatory listing fees.

•••
I think the growth rate has slowed since the introduction of mandatory listing fees.

Yes, except that the last few days the growth has been extreme.

•••
Does anyone know the growth rate of BB overall portfolio lately?

I'm quite surprised the inventory is just about reaching 24K names, considering a seller like @bazabizo, who I think owned about 400+ names, left the platform early this month. Even with that (400+ names less in a just a couple of days), the inventory has gone from about 23K to 24K in just one month.

I feel really curious (and maybe a bit worried too) about BB strategy and how they face the challenge of this huge portfolio growth.

BB didnt remove my names fully. There were still some names in there with the Inquiry button beside them for some reason. I was even finalizing a sale a couple of days ago and the buyer asked me to include the logo that was there on BB. I simply told him I cant, as its no longer on BB.

The good part is , the buyer stood by my side and asked me for a logo, and I asked a designer to make him 3 mockups. Now the buyer asked me for a couple of names for a few startups he owns instead of going again to BB. We established a relationship. If BB, gave me 30 days to go away, they should also do teh same and remove my names within that period, but they didnt and I didnt make a mess out of it. I am sure they will do as time passes.

I will always say it, if you dont like the platform, just leave it in peace. Its a business, no emotions attached or anything :)

Another good thing that happened to me is I sold a name that was on BB 72 hours after I left. AND I got 2 people asking me to broker their names as well. Just make a decision, stay on the platform with its good and bad, or just leave. If you will leave, make sure you have a plan. Not just leave out of anger, dont make a business decision based on personal feelings!

Good Luck everyone, you will need it :)

•••
Yes, except that the last few days the growth has been extreme.

I think that a lot of names had built up either waiting for logo, or with logo waiting to be published. I had a bunch of names that had been waiting for a couple weeks get published over the past few days.

•••

Do you think so? I think it's gone from 23K to 24K in about three weeks, and if we include in these figures those bazabizo's 400+ names, it would make about 1,5K names in just three weeks. That's a lot.

I might be wrong with those numbers, but I do think it was quite close to 23K at the begining of the year. If anyone had actual figures it would be great to know.

•••
Do you think so?

I could be wrong, but it seems like we hit 20,000 awhile ago, where prior to that the growth rate (%) had been pretty rapid.

•••
BB didnt remove my names fully. There were still some names in there with the Inquiry button beside them for some reason. I was even finalizing a sale a couple of days ago and the buyer asked me to include the logo that was there on BB. I simply told him I cant, as its no longer on BB.

The good part is , the buyer stood by my side and asked me for a logo, and I asked a designer to make him 3 mockups. Now the buyer asked me for a couple of names for a few startups he owns instead of going again to BB. We established a relationship. If BB, gave me 30 days to go away, they should also do teh same and remove my names within that period, but they didnt and I didnt make a mess out of it. I am sure they will do as time passes.

I will always say it, if you dont like the platform, just leave it in peace. Its a business, no emotions attached or anything :)

Another good thing that happened to me is I sold a name that was on BB 72 hours after I left. AND I got 2 people asking me to broker their names as well. Just make a decision, stay on the platform with its good and bad, or just leave. If you will leave, make sure you have a plan. Not just leave out of anger, dont make a business decision based on personal feelings!

Good Luck everyone, you will need it :)

Not angry or even considering the idea to leave, at least by now. But I do feel some concern about how BB is going to deal with this growth. I do trust it will work ok anyway, just feel curious about it and would certainly love to know more about their plans (which I can understand are confidential and not to be shared on a public forum).

Just wanted to know the feelings and points of view of some other sellers around. A bit of group therapy if you consider it that way. :)

•••
Perhaps BB could spend more on marketing to grow the customer number, to match the growth of names.

•••
There are 2 folds to growth here :
1) The growth of traffic incoming to their platform while maintaining the quality of such traffic. Thats something doable as Margot has great connections and will always do.
2) The customer experience on the website itself! Thats hard to enhance only by a better GUI. The problem here is that the user is almost getting a close to Afternic or Sedo experience. Thousands of names and almost lost in there! If Sedo and Afternic enhance their GUI a bit, it will be close to the BB experience I would perceive as a buyer buying a name form BB.

They must stop accepting new names for a while! Its a fact and a critical business need. Some names in there are really bad already!

•••
The customer experience on the website itself! Thats hard to enhance only by a better GUI. The problem here is that the user is almost getting a close to Afternic or Sedo experience.

IMO, keyword search already works very well. Non-keyword brandables might have a problem.

•••
IMO, keyword search already works very well. Non-keyword brandables might have a problem.
More than 10K made up names in there! These are dead

•••
I think we can all agree that no one is here just to bash BB, but everyone has probably been wondering to themselves for a while how this inventory growth will effect their bottom line. (Which is a reasonable concern to have.)

Considering BB is taking in 1000+ new listings a month and charging $10 per listing - I think it would be fair for sellers to hope that BB is using the majority of this income to promote and market their site - because sales are the only way that BB *AND* the domain owners listing their inventory can both be successful. If they are doing this then I feel their business will be able to exponentially grow while maintaining a good sales rate.

Now, if BB has changed their business model to ramp inventory and rely on the listing fees as primarily an income source then that is bad news for everyone - and it is destined to fall apart if/when sellers start to leave in mass due to lack of sales.

In full disclosure I am a real small guy at BB. I have 12 names listed with them, and have limited my focus on this marketplace until I see how things pan out. On one hand, their inventory growth benefits me because it would allow me to get in the game late and create a large inventory. But at the same time I am hesitant because if this growth in turn caused the average sales rate to drop then my potential for profit is reduced and my risk increased significantly.

I personally hope and wish for BB to continue to grow and be successful at moving domain names - as it will benefit us all.

Last edited:
•••
I might be contributing to the recent rise in marketplace volume. I submitted roughly 300 domains since December 1st, having about 100 domains approved. I had a little over 20 domains publish within the last 24 hours and have another 40 in the queue pending logo and publishing.

•••
More than 10K made up names in there! These are dead
We sell more 5L.com or 6L.com like: Zovoa.com or Optado.com (just examples from BB)
than combined keywords like: EnergySwipe.com or YesRating.com (just examples from BB)

•••
They are flooding with lots of names, I remember just couple of days total name was 23K, now total number of names have reached to 23,993 within just a few days and it's growing every day. (Maybe post namecon mass publishing? I don't know but if it stays at this rate maybe we will see 30K names before March.

on the other hand, name quality has been dropped significantly, review team gone crazy approving a lot of meaningless names like mebbu, cebbu etc. mebbu.com, description says "A cute and playful name beginning with 'me'", I mean NO disrespect to the owner but if you want 5L pronounciable" cute and playful" names that begins with me meqqu, meffu are available for hand reg.

Let's assume I am a company / startup looking for a 5 letter domain and my main criteria is the domain has to be pronounceable, 5L and should start with me. Would I pay instantly near $1895 for a domain before trying to see if any name available for handreg? Would I pay $1800 more for Mebbu.com over Meffu.com? I am not saying nobody would pay $1895 for that name but I would safely assume that the chances are really low here because of similar names available for hand reg and listed domain does not carry a significant value than regfee available names.

Please tell me why "vurada.com" is so special that a company should pay $2,035 where similar pronounceable names like vuradi, vuradu available for handreg?

bazoma.com - "A fun name that carries the same energy as 'bazooka" ok I understand that but how on earth gazoonga.com is similar to 'bazooka' ? if you really want a brandable name "similar to bazooka" I give you bazookao.com, bazookify.com, bajjuka.com, bazuuka.com all are available for hand reg.

I think brandable it has to be unique, should able to carry a 'value' that buyers willing to pay a premium price over a reg fee domain. If you think like a buyer would you pay over $2K-$3K for a name when a very close / simler name available for hand reg?

Has BB complying it's own policy when it comes to brandable name spelling?

Spelling should be as expected.
  • Ask your friends to spell your name -- can they get it in one or two tries?
  • Is the same vowel being used for two different sounds, or is the same sound represented by two different vowels (for example, the 'ee' sound can be an 'e' or an 'i')?

Also I am sure above 50% of madeup brandable names getting approved these days will not pass radio test. So why approve them aggressively?

From couple of seller newsletters I understand they sell more keyword names then madeup brandable. So why they flood with similar madeup brandables? I would really like to hear what BB says about this.

Once again I truly mean no disrespect to the original owners of the above names I wrote for example.

•••
I might be contributing to the recent rise in marketplace volume. I submitted roughly 300 domains since December 1st, having about 100 domains approved. I had a little over 20 domains publish within the last 24 hours and have another 40 in the queue pending logo and publishing.

I've listed 74 so far this year.

•••
They are flooding with lots of names, I remember just couple of days total name was 23K, now total number of names have reached to 23,993 within just a few days and it's growing every day. (Maybe post namecon mass publishing? I don't know but if it stays at this rate maybe we will see 30K names before March.

on the other hand, name quality has been dropped significantly, review team gone crazy approving a lot of meaningless names like mebbu, cebbu etc. mebbu.com, description says "A cute and playful name beginning with 'me'", I mean NO disrespect to the owner but if you want 5L pronounciable" cute and playful" names that begins with me meqqu, meffu are available for hand reg.

Let's assume I am a company / startup looking for a 5 letter domain and my main criteria is the domain has to be pronounceable, 5L and should start with me. Would I pay instantly near $1895 for a domain before trying to see if any name available for handreg? Would I pay $1800 more for Mebbu.com over Meffu.com? I am not saying nobody would pay $1895 for that name but I would safely assume that the chances are really low here because of similar names available for hand reg and listed domain does not carry a significant value than regfee available names.

Please tell me why "vurada.com" is so special that a company should pay $2,035 where similar pronounceable names like vuradi, vuradu available for handreg?

bazoma.com - "A fun name that carries the same energy as 'bazooka" ok I understand that but how on earth gazoonga.com is similar to 'bazooka' ? if you really want a brandable name "similar to bazooka" I give you bazookao.com, bazookify.com, bajjuka.com, bazuuka.com all are available for hand reg.

I think brandable it has to be unique, should able to carry a 'value' that buyers willing to pay a premium price over a reg fee domain. If you think like a buyer would you pay over $2K-$3K for a name when a very close / simler name available for hand reg?

Has BB complying it's own policy when it comes to brandable name spelling?

Spelling should be as expected.
  • Ask your friends to spell your name -- can they get it in one or two tries?
  • Is the same vowel being used for two different sounds, or is the same sound represented by two different vowels (for example, the 'ee' sound can be an 'e' or an 'i')?

Also I am sure above 50% of madeup brandable names getting approved these days will not pass radio test. So why approve them aggressively?

From couple of seller newsletters I understand they sell more keyword names then madeup brandable. So why they flood with similar madeup brandables? I would really like to hear what BB says about this.

Once again I truly mean no disrespect to the original owners of the above names I wrote for example.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think brandable it has to be unique, should able to carry a 'value' that buyers willing to pay a premium price over a reg fee domain. If you think like a buyer would you pay over $2K-$3K for a name when a very close / simler name available for hand reg?"

In part I agree with you: but 99% of brandable domains are bought by impulse ... people (end-users) see that domain with a nice logo and a description and press the "BUY NOW" button ... simple as that. They don´t do researches and don´t care if a similar domain is available for registration fee !!!
Even if they find a similar available to hand-register that one doesn´t look so nice like the published brandable because there is no "PACKING" ... that is the main reason why a domain name like Mebbu.com is better than Meffu.com (available to hand-register), because he is listed for sale on a marketplace with a nice logo and a description. BUY NOW = Impulse ;)

•••
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think brandable it has to be unique, should able to carry a 'value' that buyers willing to pay a premium price over a reg fee domain. If you think like a buyer would you pay over $2K-$3K for a name when a very close / simler name available for hand reg?"

In part I agree with you: but 99% of brandable domains are bought by impulse ... people (end-users) see that domain with a nice logo and a description and press the "BUY NOW" button ... simple as that. They don´t do researches and don´t care if a similar domain is available for registration fee !!!
Even if they find a similar available to hand-register that one doesn´t look so nice like the published brandable because there is no "PACKING" ... that is the main reason why a domain name like Mebbu.com is better than Meffu.com (available to hand-register), because he is listed for sale on a marketplace with a nice logo and a description. BUY NOW = Impulse ;)

You are right, impulse peoples buy these names but how many these names are selling each day? or I can say it in another way "how many such impulse peoples BB getting each day". If more "impulse peoples" are buying names like these which are complete made up for $$$$ just because it has a logo and it's in a marketplace then it's okay, if sellers are getting more sales then it's okay. But in reality is it true? Apparently not.

Also they have made it pretty clear on sellers newsletter that every month keyword name sells more than invented names. In November they sold 62% keyword names compared to 38% invented / made up brandables, which is pretty big margin I think. That's why I am suggesting them to stop accepting names which doesn't fall into their own criteria, i.e: could be 10 different spells, could fail at radio test etc, especially when they have 24,003 names now (10 increased just after half an hour).

•••

that is the main reason why a domain name like Mebbu.com is better than Meffu.com (available to hand-register), because he is listed for sale on a marketplace with a nice logo and a description. BUY NOW = Impulse ;)

You two are new to NamePros, so I understand your noob way of thinking.

Can you spot why names ending in ebbu are better than effu and eqqu? 4L.coms used to go for $XX on Namepros. A brandable buyout is slowly but surely happening. Certain repeating consonant domains mimic 4.5Ls...

Meqqu.PNG

I still think there's decent domains remaining in the above list. There are not many patterns like this with this many available, yet you chose it as an example.

Meffu.PNG

This seems to be the norm for this pattern. Those will be gone soon.

mebbu.PNG

Notice how most of these are taken? Notice how long they have been taken? Domains following these patterns beginning with vowels doesn't apply to this buyout.

Any more questions TROLL @sweetdomains

•••

Can you spot why names ending in ebbu are better than effu and eqqu? 4L.coms used to go for $XX on Namepros. A brandable buyout is slowly but surely happening. Certain repeating consonant domains mimic 4.5Ls...

Show attachment 22578
I still think there's decent domains remaining in the above list. There are not many patterns like this with this many available, yet you chose it as an example.

Show attachment 22579

Show attachment 22580
Notice how most of these are taken? Notice how long they have been taken? Domains following these patterns beginning with vowels doesn't apply to this buyout.

Which tool was that?

•••
•••

Show attachment 22578

Show attachment 22579

Show attachment 22580

Show attachment 22578

Show attachment 22579

Show attachment 22580

Show attachment 22578

Show attachment 22579

Show attachment 22580

I don´t know what you mean by: You two are new to NamePros, so I understand your noob way of thinking. I have this new business account but I´m selling brandable domains since 1998 so ... B-)
My domain BrandClub.com was registered 4 years before BrandBucket.com

Last edited:
•••
Honest mistake. You fooled me.

If that's all you took from what I said then you're missing the point.

Do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just here to promote your marketplace?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back