Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honest mistake. You fooled me.

If that's all you took from what I said then you're missing the point.

Do you have anything useful to contribute or are you just here to promote your marketplace?
I´m not here to promote my marketplace at all, as I have no interest to do that ...
I´m just asking a bit of respect for people that have so many years in domaining business (specially brandable niche, like me) from people that start in the business yesterday like you ...

•••
Again, I ask do you have anything useful to contribute?

I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks. Move passed this negativity and provide SOMETHING related to brandables or brandbucket. Anything? Perhaps a tool we all can use? 18 years in the industry, I know you can end this feud and shut me up with adding something we all can benefit from. This is my last message on the subject. We've gotten too far off topic.

•••
Again, I ask do you have anything useful to contribute?

I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks. Move passed this negativity and provide SOMETHING related to brandables or brandbucket. Anything? Perhaps a tool we all can use? 18 years in the industry, I know you can end this feud and white up with adding something we all can benefit from. This is my last message on the subject. We've gotten too far off topic.
Do you ??? I doubt ...

•••
I have nearly 150 names on BB, i did ok last year selling one a month from Aug to Dec. I set myself a target for fun to try to get 1 sale a month in 2016, so far its a dry January in more ways than one :(

•••
With 150 names even at 4% you should expect 6 sales in 2016, i.e. one every other month...

•••
With 150 names even at 4% you should expect 6 sales in 2016, i.e. one every other month...

Yes I know, but I'm deluded :)
I also like the quality of my names so maybe I am biased and deluded!!

•••
No, just deluded :D

Sorry, don't mean it )

You had a run of almost 8%, hopefully it continues close to that ) That does indicate a better quality of names. Do you have link to your ministore there? )

Last edited:
•••
Mebbu is way better than Meffu in my opinion, even though I probably wouldn't have regged Mebbu even.

•••
Yeah, don't like either of those patterns ) could it be that "effu" kicks in association with "effing" for English language speakers? )

•••
When I first joined BB 2 years ago, I would've registered any name I saw in there.. I mean literally everyname almost!
Today, I can easily tell you I wouldnt register 30-40% of the last 10K added names.

•••
You might have become more selective over the years, it happens almost to all domain investors )))

•••
No, just deluded :D

Sorry ) You had a run of almost 8%, hopefully it continues close to that ) That does indicate a better quality of names. Do you have link to your ministore there? )

BB site then profile/theydon

•••
When I first joined BB 2 years ago, I would've registered any name I saw in there.. I mean literally everyname almost!
Today, I can easily tell you I wouldnt register 30-40% of the last 10K added names.

How many names did you sell at BB in 2 years?

•••
Also I am sure above 50% of madeup brandable names getting approved these days will not pass radio test. So why approve them aggressively?

Because passing the "radio test" is not nearly as important as it was back when the primary advertising vehicle was...radio. A quick check will find lots of big companies who's name doesn't pass this outdated test. All else being equal, sure throw it in, but it certainly isn't the universal standard it once was.

•••
BB site then profile/theydon

Thanks. Had a look. They might be slightly better than BB average, but it would be a stretch to expect to beat average BB sales rate by threefold.

Last edited:
•••
Agree (but my 'slightly' is a bit bigger than yours :alien2:) let's see what the year brings.

I have approx. 20 others I keep off BB which are parked at efty

Last edited:
•••
I sold 19 names in 2 years, in the second year I had 500 names. Rate has dropped recently, until it was less than 1 domain every 2 months, so i left

•••
please keep us updated on your progress and good luck with DNS

•••
please keep us updated on your progress and good luck with DNS

Same request here if possible. Really curious about how your new strategy works. Please do keep us updated if it's ok for you.

•••
Guys... I left BB officially on the 8th of Jan 2016... Sold the first name on teh 11th for 2.2K through Afternic..
2 hot leads at the moment, should take a decision within 2 weeks. These are 2 startups that came using inbound on DNS landers, then I proposed to them my entire portfolio, each of them chose a different name than the initial request (same BB style, but I did it manually with them). If I dont sell anything in the coming 8 weeks, then I am on par with my BB rate, not to mention that I get $3-5 daily parking revenue, which i never got before!
So far, very happy i took the decision!
Also, working with some felow domainers on handling their inbound leads for FREE! Im preparing to be an official broker by 2017 so trying to gain sellers confidence before then.
Contact me through pm here whenever you want any stats or anything, i like to help.

•••
Why did you decide to go with DNS landers?

•••
We are developing Brandzo.com but it will take sometime, so DNS is good until then. Not using their brokers ofc.
The reason I handle leads myself is my 12 years sales experience in top Multinational IT vendors. I can sell anything to anyone ... just kidding :) I try

•••
Each to their own but I like the new efty landers, example of one gbdd(dot)com

•••
Efty is great, but they must use Scalable cloud technology as their primary hosting. Loading time sometimes is more than 4 seconds for a single lander, this might cause people to think there is a website and not a domain for sale! my 2 cents

•••
Guys... I left BB officially on the 8th of Jan 2016... Sold the first name on teh 11th for 2.2K through Afternic..
2 hot leads at the moment, should take a decision within 2 weeks. These are 2 startups that came using inbound on DNS landers, then I proposed to them my entire portfolio, each of them chose a different name than the initial request (same BB style, but I did it manually with them). If I dont sell anything in the coming 8 weeks, then I am on par with my BB rate, not to mention that I get $3-5 daily parking revenue, which i never got before!
So far, very happy i took the decision!
Also, working with some felow domainers on handling their inbound leads for FREE! Im preparing to be an official broker by 2017 so trying to gain sellers confidence before then.
Contact me through pm here whenever you want any stats or anything, i like to help.
I know you had around 500 names on BB but you probably also had a lot of rejects. How much brandables do you have in total right now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back