NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi guys -- here's a tip to easily change your portfolio URL:
  1. Log into BB
  2. Click "Edit Profile"
  3. Change your "Nickname"
It's really easy.

•••
Hi guys -- here's a tip to easily change your portfolio URL:
  1. Log into BB
  2. Click "Edit Profile"
  3. Change your "Nickname"
It's really easy.
FYI: Changing your profile nickname affects your portfolio URL.

Why it matters: If, for whatever reason, you change your "Nickname" remember to resend or reshare your portfolio URL's. If not, the old profile URL will be redirected to the below 404 dead page.​

upload_2016-9-7_21-5-31.png

Last edited:
•••
I know that a lot of BrandBucket sellers are unaware of how to change their profile URL. (I didn't know until recently.) But with people's data regularly winding up on Dnbolt (including portfolio URLs), as well as with the recent thread by @hookbox called I need a list of all BrandBucket seller profiles, I think some people might want to know how they can change their profile URL, whether now or in the future.

•••
I know that a lot of BrandBucket sellers are unaware of how to change their profile URL. (I didn't know until recently.) But with people's data regularly winding up on Dnbolt (including portfolio URLs), as well as with the recent thread by @hookbox called I need a list of all BrandBucket seller profiles, I think some people might want to know how they can change their profile URL, whether now or in the future.
Just so we are crystal clear I didn't start a thread titled "I need a list of all Brandbucket seller profiles". In the Brandable Daily Sales Analysis I wrote what is below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the process of building a list of all BrandBucket seller profiles. If you have accumulated a list of many sellers profiles then PM the list to me and maybe we can exchange information.

Please don't post the list here.

Thanks so much
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The moderator decided it was not the right place to post it so HE started another thread and HE titled it "I need a list of all Brandbucket seller profiles". I did not say "I need" a list anywhere in my words. The way the moderator titled it makes it look like I'm trying to scam someone. I asked, if you have a profile that you would like to share, but I didn't demand anything from anyone. I also asked that the profiles not be publicly shared in the thread in case people like yourself had a problem with it. To be crystal clear again these profiles were 100% public knowledge a few months ago and people happily give their profiles on a daily basis. For Namepros members to have a list of active BB profiles is nothing new.

Everyone here looks at BB profiles for many different reasons. Some do it to get a good gauge of what type of names sellers are interested in and possibly make a connection on a wholesale level. Some do it to see what type of names the seller registers. Some do it to see if the seller actually has a clue at what they are doing. Some do it to see if there is a trend that they may not know about. Whatever the reason is some actually do like to share their profile. Why you would want to hide it is beyond me but to each his own.

For those that would like to share your BB profile then please feel free to do so. Some will have a problem with it and some won't.

•••
@hookbox, my BB profile is in the brandbucket link in my signature. I don't have the best names (obviously) as I recently started listing on BB, but I think I have a decent portfolio for now. I don't mind taking constructive feedback on it, as I'm here to learn. I don't have a problem sharing my BB profile, and I'd hope others may share theirs with me (privately if they'd like) because I believe I can learn from them as I'd hope they can learn a thing or two from me (maybe).

P.S. Well, tbh I'm not interested in everyone's profile, just a few maybe. How come you're interested in everyone's profile?....... If you don't mind me asking. I'd think the sales are more important. I'd be interested in people self-reporting their sales....but I didn't read BB's TOS to see if that's allowed.

Last edited:
•••
@hookbox, my BB profile is in the brandbucket link in my signature. I don't have the best names (obviously) as I recently started listing on BB, but I think I have a decent portfolio for now. I don't mind taking constructive feedback on it, as I'm here to learn. I don't have a problem sharing my BB profile, and I'd hope others may share theirs with me (privately if they'd like) because I believe I can learn from them as I'd hope they can learn a thing or two from me (maybe).

P.S. Well, tbh I'm not interested in everyone's profile, just a few maybe. How come you're interested in everyone's profile?....... If you don't mind me asking. I'd think the sales are more important. I'd be interested in people self-reporting their sales....but I didn't read BB's TOS to see if that's allowed.
One of the biggest reasons is to see if the seller likes to deal on a wholesale level. If I see in your profile that you have a lot of good two word domains and then see that you are an active buyer on forums of two word domains within a certain price range then I know I can contact you and already have a good idea that you may be willing to buy a two word domain that I have for X amount of money since I've seen you actively buy within that range for names similar. There are many reasons but that is just one reason.

•••

I really like Trek(Labs) - but I like everything StarTrek related.

•••
Hi @Keith DeBoer I see you have lot of accepted domains at Brandbucket. How they perform? I mean how many sales daily, weekly or monthly?

•••
•••
Just so we are crystal clear I didn't start a thread titled "I need a list of all Brandbucket seller profiles". In the Brandable Daily Sales Analysis I wrote what is below
I'm in the process of building a list of all BrandBucket seller profiles. If you have accumulated a list of many sellers profiles then PM the list to me and maybe we can exchange information.

Please don't post the list here.

Thanks so much
The moderator decided it was not the right place to post it so HE started another thread and HE titled it "I need a list of all Brandbucket seller profiles". I did not say "I need" a list anywhere in my words. The way the moderator titled it makes it look like I'm trying to scam someone. I asked, if you have a profile that you would like to share, but I didn't demand anything from anyone. I also asked that the profiles not be publicly shared in the thread in case people like yourself had a problem with it. To be crystal clear again these profiles were 100% public knowledge a few months ago and people happily give their profiles on a daily basis. For Namepros members to have a list of active BB profiles is nothing new.

Everyone here looks at BB profiles for many different reasons. Some do it to get a good gauge of what type of names sellers are interested in and possibly make a connection on a wholesale level. Some do it to see what type of names the seller registers. Some do it to see if the seller actually has a clue at what they are doing. Some do it to see if there is a trend that they may not know about. Whatever the reason is some actually do like to share their profile. Why you would want to hide it is beyond me but to each his own.

For those that would like to share your BB profile then please feel free to do so. Some will have a problem with it and some won't.

I PMed my profile name. Thanks.

•••
I've posted the newsletter in full in the private BrandBucket sellers channel in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've posted the newsletter in full in the private BrandBucket sellers channel in case anyone hasn't seen it.

I don't take sides in the 'for' and 'against' BB stuff. I like to be neutral....just my nature. That's my disclaimer. I'm not taking sides here.

But I really don't see the motivation behind supposedly attempting to keep their newsletter 'private'.

1. The slack channel is less private now anyway.

2. Any seller who has ever given their email to brandbucket gets the newsletter.

3. It'll only benefit sellers (especially small time sellers) to actually see the newsletter, although as I mention they should have gotten it in their email anyway.

4. The people at BB are really cool and kind. I've had nothing but great dealings with them. The company seems to have some great people, including Michael. I sense from them, that they refuse to be involved in this "FOR BB" and "AGAINST BB" tug-o-war. In addition, they don't see the need for BB police - they just do their thing and let the chips fall where they may.

I'd like to think that BB supporters would be like BB. No?

P.S. You can't say BB critics are bad, immature or people who stoop low, and then stoop just as low in the name of 'good'.

Alright, maybe I'm ranting/rambling. #JustWannaLearn #KindaTiredOfTheBackAndForth

Last edited:
•••
I don't take sides in the 'for' and 'against' BB stuff. I like to be neutral....just my nature. That's my disclaimer. I'm not taking sides here.

But I really don't see the motivation behind supposedly attempting to keep their newsletter 'private'.

2. Any seller who has ever given their email to brandbucket gets the newsletter.

3. It'll only benefit sellers (especially small time sellers) to actually see the newsletter, although as I mention they should have gotten it in their email anyway.

4. The people at BB are really cool and kind. I've had nothing but great dealings with them. The company seems to have some great people, including Michael. I sense from them, that they refuse to be involved in this "FOR BB" and "AGAINST BB" tug-o-war. In addition, they don't see the need for BB police - they just do their thing and let the chips fall where they may.

I'd like to think that BB supporters will be like BB. No?

P.S. You can't see BB critics as bad, immature or people who stoop low, and then stoop just as low in the name of 'good'.

Alright, maybe I'm ranting/rambling. #JustWannaLearn #KindaTiredOfTheBackAndForth

Personally, I believe if you hate somethibg or dont agree with then there is no reason why you should waste countless hours discussing and even gathering information about it.

As for the slack, It appears it will be great as I saw the link iny dashboard.

•••
Personally, I believe if you hate somethibg or dont agree with then there is no reason why you should waste countless hours discussing and even gathering information about it.

As for the slack, It appears it will be great as I saw the link iny dashboard.

I'm not sure if this is towards me because as I said, I'm neutral.

The slack channel is really great and I am thankful for that I have the opportunity to be a part of it.

•••
I'm not sure if this is towards me because as I said, I'm neutral.

The slack channel is really great and I am thankful for that I have the opportunity to be a part of it.

Not to you but just pointing out the against bb members that they might actually be doing and helping bb by constantly talking about bb, gathering its data ect. I believe if you have somsthing, leave it and find better or even better, create what is better :)

•••

I'd like to think that BB supporters will be like BB. No?

P.S. You can't see BB critics as bad, immature or people who stoop low, and then stoop just as low in the name of 'good'.

Hi Candace,
I don't think anyone is hiding the newsletter its just that the Slack channel is the new alternative for BB sellers to get info about BB so JJ posted it there. Many people forward and share the BB newsletter email and in the past there have been a few times when it's been published here on this thread. And all of that is OK. It's a dedicated email that has the most relevance for BB sellers but others can read it too if they want to.

PS and I totally agree with your sentiment that it's good to be objective and neutral.

Cheers!

Keith

•••

I'd like to think that BB supporters would be like BB. No?

P.S. You can't say BB critics are bad, immature or people who stoop low, and then stoop just as low in the name of 'good'.

I'm sorry if you took offence and thought I was hiding it, I really wasn't. I tried to upload it here and just couldn't, when I hit post it kept timing out.

The latest newsletter is out. Double click attachment if you can't see it on your device.
Show attachment 36318

You will notice that I've uploaded previous newsletters here so I'm not hiding anything, I just couldn't post this one.

Last edited:
•••
"I'm sorry if you took offence and thought I was hiding it, I really wasn't. I tried to upload it here and just couldn't, when I hit post it kept timing out. You will notice that I've uploaded previous newsletters here so I'm not hiding anything, I just couldn't post this one."

Thanks @Keith DeBoer and thanks @JimJammy for explaining. In that case, forgive my rant.

I'm all about sharing so we can all be successful.

•••
I had been off BB for exactly 8 months and 1 week. I sold some names that were listed there but for higher amounts and all self brokered. However, I must admit as well that there are a lot of names that were tough to sell without a brandable marketplace. I was frustrated from a lot of things there, but now im frustrated from other business aspects related to selling rate, selling amounts are good but rates are not! I am thinking to retain the very high end of the portfolio that usually gets inquiries and relist what I had in there, especially the 6L names that I got.

I did read through a lot of the newsletters coming in every now and then, as well as almost every post on this thread since I left. I guess my biggest mistake was publishing everything that was accepted which is sometimes stupid! If I totally disagree about a price or if a name can fetch 3x the price elsewhere, I shoiuld hold it for a longer period instead of letting it go for cheap.

I will be relisting around 80% of what was previously listed and will test for a run of 3 months.

What do you think guys?

•••
Been there, done that, Bazabizo!

I too registered names solely for the purpose of getting them listed on BB to begin with. I didn't leave but I did have a good clean out! I did this quite early on (about 3 months after I joined) so the impact wasn't so great for me as I think it might be for you.

Now (like you plan to do) I list names that I want to keep but don't think I can sell myself for BB prices with BB, and names that I think I can sell myself (no commission) I list on my own site or a marketplace.

It means my BB STR is lower than most but I end up with more money in my pocket at the end of the day this way. It works for me.

What's the worst thing that can happen if you relist? You've already paid the fees and can just relist. You can remove them again if you feel it isn't working for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

•••
I had been off BB for exactly 8 months and 1 week. I sold some names that were listed there but for higher amounts and all self brokered. However, I must admit as well that there are a lot of names that were tough to sell without a brandable marketplace. I was frustrated from a lot of things there, but now im frustrated from other business aspects related to selling rate, selling amounts are good but rates are not! I am thinking to retain the very high end of the portfolio that usually gets inquiries and relist what I had in there, especially the 6L names that I got.

I did read through a lot of the newsletters coming in every now and then, as well as almost every post on this thread since I left. I guess my biggest mistake was publishing everything that was accepted which is sometimes stupid! If I totally disagree about a price or if a name can fetch 3x the price elsewhere, I shoiuld hold it for a longer period instead of letting it go for cheap.

I will be relisting around 80% of what was previously listed and will test for a run of 3 months.

What do you think guys?
I know you had a lot of 6Ls in your portfolio especially 6Ls that are CVCVCV in pattern. That pattern is a dime a dozen and there are literally thousands listed at BB. I can make a list of thousands of BB accepted names with that pattern in about 5 minutes with very simple software. They literally are a dime a dozen.
The much harder to create and seems to be more sellable pattern are names that sold last month like Omnero, Scorius, Clixxa etc..... I'm not saying that CVCVCV don't sell but if you don't have a partial keyword within the name then that pattern is much harder to sell.
Brandworthy, who has very similar 6Ls as you seems to be dissatisfied with his sales at BB right now. He mentioned it in the Brandable Sales Analysis thread.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/brandable-daily-sales-analysis.945088/

If you do plan on re-listing names I would pick the ones that have at least a partial keyword in the name. I am not trying to sway you in anyway but just giving you a true unbiased opinion since I have no stake in what you do either way.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I had a sale yesterday. It's a 7L invented word, with no keyword stem. I think the advice around having some relationship to a keyword is good, and I've been trying for the past 6 months or so to better balance my portfolio between pure brandables and keyword brandables.

I'm still unhappy with my sales rate, but a sale is a sale, so thank you Brandbucket.

•••
Tropago.png

My first published! 10$ is a good price IMO to get it published on BB and also get a logo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back