NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Show attachment 38861

My first published! 10$ is a good price IMO to get it published on BB and also get a logo.

Congrats :)

I do have to say the logo confuses me. The A looks like an upside down E more that an A, so I was actually thinking if it was tropago or tropego.

Might just be me

•••
I had a sale yesterday. It's a 7L invented word, with no keyword stem. I think the advice around having some relationship to a keyword is good, and I've been trying for the past 6 months or so to better balance my portfolio between pure brandables and keyword brandables.

I'm still unhappy with my sales rate, but a sale is a sale, so thank you Brandbucket.

Congrats! Can I ask you what sales rate would you be happy with?

•••
Show attachment 38861

My first published! 10$ is a good price IMO to get it published on BB and also get a logo.
Fwiw my recent sale was exceptionally similar to your first name. Mine was T * R * E * L * A * G * O.

Congrats! Can I ask you what sales rate would you be happy with?
I'd like 2-3 sales per month. At the start of the year that's where I was, but over summer BB sales were dismal for me. Quite good private sales thankfully, but that's not what I'm paying 30% commissions and exclusivity for.

•••
as summers is over i think that kind of sale is possible @Brandworthy , i have 100 + domains still waiting for the 1st sale

•••
•••
•••
Fwiw my recent sale was exceptionally similar to your first name. Mine was T * R * E * L * A * G * O.

I'd like 2-3 sales per month. At the start of the year that's where I was, but over summer BB sales were dismal for me. Quite good private sales thankfully, but that's not what I'm paying 30% commissions and exclusivity for.
T R E L A G O in Italian means Three Lakes. Great names that have a meaning in another language sell well. Even though there is no keyword you can actually see within this name doesn't really tell the whole story. It may look to be a purely invented name but the back end meaning and relation to an English keyword is why it sold.

I remember when you were having 2-3 sales per month with a portfolio filled with mostly 6Ls. This is also when there was maybe a thousand or so 6 letter names. Now there are over 8,200 6 letter names. That's a lot of competition all searching for the same eyeballs of the potential buyer. This is the reason why having a keyword or partial keyword is so important. Without any searchable meaning within the name then good invented names will never be found with the search function.

•••
This is interesting, although I don't know what to make of it. I had the name G/alactiq accepted for $3,295 so decided to look at how other "tiq" names are priced.

A search for [tiq] on Brandbucket returns this today https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=tiq

I'm not entirely sure how the listing algo works, but the first 10 names are:

D/omestiq/com $9K < Boxador
S/ynthetiq/com $10K < Boxador
L/istique/com $3.75K < Boxador
W/ebtiq/com $3.9K <M Krell
V/ectique/com $3K <M Krell
I/telligentiq/com $3K < Obfuscated
E/tiqo/com $3K < Privacy
R/ustiq/com $17K < Boxador
A/ctique.com $3.8K < Privacy
H/aptiq/com $5.4K < M Krell

This of course could be fluke, and given the high percentage of names owned by insiders probably is representative, but I'm left scratching my head a little that 7 of those 10 are from insiders.

•••
I think beside R/ustiq/ the second best name on that list is yours.

•••
Congrats :)

I do have to say the logo confuses me. The A looks like an upside down E more that an A, so I was actually thinking if it was tropago or tropego.

Might just be me

You are right, didn't even realize. Thanks dude. I will contact them and see if it might be fixable.

•••
This is interesting, although I don't know what to make of it. I had the name G/alactiq accepted for $3,295 so decided to look at how other "tiq" names are priced.

A search for [tiq] on Brandbucket returns this today https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=tiq

E/tiqo/com $3K < Privacy

This of course could be fluke, and given the high percentage of names owned by insiders probably is representative, but I'm left scratching my head a little that 7 of those 10 are from insiders.

Now, I'm wondering why my Handpiq/com got rejected. :-D

•••
Now, I'm wondering why my Handpiq/com got rejected. :-D
Handpicked is better than handpick imo, but it's just a wild guess.

•••

E/tiqo/com $3K < Privacy

I have:

Pneuma/tiq accepted at $1.795
Come/tiq at $1.995
Cor/tiq at $1.695

Are these above mentioned several times better than mine?

•••
I have:

Pneuma/tiq accepted at $1.795
Come/tiq at $1.995
Cor/tiq at $1.695

Are these above mentioned several times better than mine?

I'd say that you would need to have an industry type keyword that ends in IC that works well getting upgraded to IQ. I'm sure other names ending in IQ sell aswell, but that is my take. As such I think Haptiq is the best one of the examples above.

Last edited:
•••
Passing through to guide the thread back on track, although I am not the thread police.

Handpiq - they are not the biggest fans of two word domains with one of the words mispelled. You will see some on BB but check the owners maybe, or they may be really special ones.

@thedotsol, are those variations on real words? English is my first language, but I do not have a dictionary right now. I am on my phone.

Anyway, maybe someone could open a thred called 'Discuss BB Accepted Trends and Price Structure' -matter of fact I might open the thread if there's interest.

However, let's try to go back to BB experience

•••
Passing through to guide the thread back on track, although I am not the thread police.

Handpiq - they are not the biggest fans of two word domains with one of the words mispelled. You will see some on BB but check the owners maybe, or they may be really special ones.

@thedotsol, are those variations on real words? English is my first language, but I do not have a dictionary right now. I am on my phone.

Anyway, maybe someone could open a thred called 'Discuss BB Accepted Trends and Price Structure' -matter of fact I might open the thread if there's interest.

Sorry if this was off topic, although I don't think so tbh.

•••
Aside from the pricing of these "iq" domains, I already sold few (one at BB, two outside) all very recently. My experience they sell even if original keyword doesn't naturally ends with "ic".

•••
I gave up on BB a while back I noticed the sales lately so I decided to give them another chance the first domain I submitted already put sour taste in my mouth with a bad logo and crappy placement.

•••
Sorry if this was off topic, although I

That's not me, @Eric Lyon posted in this thread a couple months/weeks ago, that he wanted it to be about your BB experience specifically, but hey, whatever works for me.

His post is somewhere in the thread btw

If the BB reject posts work for this thread as well, then I'm cool with that

•••

I second Candace's observation. In my experience BB doesn't accept a hacked word in a two keyword domain name.
Examples of likely rejects: RightNoww, BigFanz, GiantFone etc.
Now as always there are exceptions. Some hacked versions of words are so widely used that they are often accepted at BB.
Examples of likely accepts: TechPanda, MedStack, BigCollab.
There are other nuances as well but these are the main considerations.
I hope this is helpful to some.
Cheers!

Last edited:
•••

E/tiqo/com $3K < Privacy

BB sold Epiq.com years ago - I can't remember the price it was listed for but def in the five figs.

•••
BB sold Epiq.com years ago

BB sold R + epiq.com last year as well.

Current L + Epiq domains listed...

upload_2016-9-12_11-8-52.png

Last edited:
•••
BB sold Epiq.com years ago - I can't remember the price it was listed for but def in the five figs.

BB sold R + epiq.com last year as well.

They also sold prediq years back, which later dropped - I picked it up in GD closeout and sold it three week later for $3,700 in January 2014 via whois inquiry

•••
I second Candace's observation. In my experience BB doesn't accept a hacked word in a two keyword domain name.
Examples of likely rejects: RightNoww, BigFanz, GiantFone etc.
Now as always there are exceptions. Some hacked versions of words are so widely used that they are often accepted at BB.
Examples of likely accepts: TechPanda, MedStack, BigCollab.
There are other nuances as well but these are the main considerations.
I hope this is helpful to some.
Cheers!

Agreed with this . I had Tech/Helpp rejected then saw Cash/Floww accepted so I assumed why this was accepted and was told by BB that is a more widely used term .. Not very convincimg but hey atleast I got an answer lol.

•••
Agreed with this . I had Tech/Helpp rejected then saw Cash/Floww accepted so I assumed why this was accepted and was told by BB that is a more widely used term .. Not very convincimg but hey atleast I got an answer lol.
Yes, this was another exception I was going to mention. Basically the point is that even though there appears to be some general 'rules' there are lots of exceptions because in the end BB's evaluation is subjective. But....... since you mentioned it.

Another exception could be for well know phrases. StockMarket is two words but it has so much mind-share and commercial value ($312K estibot valuation) that StockMarkett would very likely be accepted and given a nice price IMO.

Remember......... the bottom link criteria for BB evalution is 'sale-ability'. That criteria encompasses and rises above all others. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back