NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Shams If you submit on a regular basis, maybe once/twice a week then you wont be sitting around with baited breath. In today's age we want everything done here and now and yes it would be nice for a quicker turn around but you've got a business handling over 12k names.

Patience. Michael Krell has just joined so I'm sure he'll speed up the process with regards to reviewing and if you have any good quality designers you know then I'm sure BB would be interested.

Realistically it could take years to sell your domains so a few extra weeks isn't a big deal in the scheme of things and when you do sell through BB you'll probably end up with more $$ than doing it independently. Chill

•••
@Shams If you submit on a regular basis, maybe once/twice a week then you wont be sitting around with baited breath. In today's age we want everything done here and now and yes it would be nice for a quicker turn around but you've got a business handling over 12k names.

Patience. Michael Krell has just joined so I'm sure he'll speed up the process with regards to reviewing and if you have any good quality designers you know then I'm sure BB would be interested.

Realistically it could take years to sell your domains so a few extra weeks isn't a big deal in the scheme of things and when you do sell through BB you'll probably end up with more $$ than doing it independently. Chill

I'm agree with you and having patience i can wait for years. But if you speed up the process the seller knows quickly whether its domain selected or not. If not so he can sell somewhere else. The Domainers like me we are Daily basis Domainers not investors who just bought some domains and wait year and years to sell them. We buy and Sell on daily basis to keep the flow in the market.

•••
Then if you sell on a daily basis you should realize how long the process takes, as stated previously by other members, the review process looks like it has sped up so their has obviously been an increased backlog with respect to logo design.

I'm sure that if anyone knows of any good designers that may be interested in the format of $100+ when domain sold then BB would be more than interested in hearing from them. It's a hobby for me so I don't really mind either way. If i sell one domain in next 2 years it will cover the cost of my other 50, anything else is a bonus.

•••
•••
•••
Hi @michaeljkrell - can you shed some light on what BB is doing (or planning to do) with the data gathered by the voting on published names?

Hey, Doron,

To be honest, I really don't yet what we will be doing with that info. I've been on the job for about 1 and a half weeks, so I am still getting my feet wet. When I know what we are doing, I will let you know :)

I've put an announcement on my local job share page. Hope that helps!

Thanks!

•••
Looking to hear from your experience.

I am just a beginner here. I only own 90 domains after 10 weeks in this new hobby and should reach 250 domains before the end of the summer.

For my 90 domains I've only spent around 325$. I use GoDaddy coupons a lot to save money. So far pretty cheap hobby, but the scary part is when I'll be hit by the renewals. Some of the domains I won't renew, but if I always try to keep a minimum of 200 domains, that is 2000$ per year for renewals alone.

It then becomes a not so cheap hobby suddently.

If I get to sell 1 domain per year on BB then it really helps absorbing the fees, but I am well aware I might not sell a domain at all on BB.

This is where I would like to know what you guys do and how you handle these renewal periods? Do you sell domains really cheap, like 20-30$ just to help pay for the domains you renew and bring some cash back.

It would be nice to hear from your experience.

Thank you.

•••
Looking to hear from your experience.

I am just a beginner here. I only own 90 domains after 10 weeks in this new hobby and should reach 250 domains before the end of the summer.

For my 90 domains I've only spent around 325$. I use GoDaddy coupons a lot to save money. So far pretty cheap hobby, but the scary part is when I'll be hit by the renewals. Some of the domains I won't renew, but if I always try to keep a minimum of 200 domains, that is 2000$ per year for renewals alone.

It then becomes a not so cheap hobby suddently.

If I get to sell 1 domain per year on BB then it really helps absorbing the fees, but I am well aware I might not sell a domain at all on BB.

This is where I would like to know what you guys do and how you handle these renewal periods? Do you sell domains really cheap, like 20-30$ just to help pay for the domains you renew and bring some cash back.

It would be nice to hear from your experience.

Thank you.
I mostly deal in 4 Letter domains. I hold on really good pronounceable premium domains for site like BB. Because in some cases you cannot get better deal than BB. But i buy and sell other domains on daily basis. To maintain the flow and renew all domains with that money.

•••
@DoumB21 Hope and patience is the the key here. If you will have 200 domains listed on BB, I think you will be able to sell more than one in a year.

•••
Hey Dominic

I've not been with BB very long but I've been a domainer for a long time. I reach out to potential purchasers and point them to where my domain is for sale, now that I have some names on BB, I will be pointing them to BB.

Whenever I make a sale I tend to take care of business first, half of the funds go on name renewals (whether they are close to renewal or not, if I know I'm going to keep them I renew them) or new purchases and the other half of the funds go in my back pocket ;)

I know I might be losing a few funds on renewing domains that might sell before renewal but I don't want to be in a position that I have to find money from somewhere to renew them because I took too much out too early. This way works for me.

Welcome to the fun and profitable world of domaining.

•••
@DoumB21 Hope and patience is the the key here. If you will have 200 domains listed on BB, I think you will be able to sell more than one in a year.

Well I might have 200 on BB someday but it will take years.

I thought I would try to "liquidate" my rejected at very low price on GoDaddy or other platform just to try recovering the purchase fees and buy more to submit on BB.

•••
Well I might have 200 on BB someday but it will take years.

I thought I would try to "liquidate" my rejected at very low price on GoDaddy or other platform just to try recovering the purchase fees and buy more to submit on BB.
For Small Sales Under $100 try Ebay,

•••
Hey Dominic

I reach out to potential purchasers and point them to where my domain is for sale, now that I have some names on BB, I will be pointing them to BB.

Welcome to the fun and profitable world of domaining.

Yeah, I've created my personnal marketplace last week, my Facebook page and twitter to at least get some exposure on social medias.

That was the easy parts. The "find potential purchasers" I am not really good at .ahahah. I guess I'll have to work on that more.

Thank you for the reply.

•••
Michael, could I ask you to nudge whoever is checking affiliate applications? I made my application 2/3 weeks ago and haven't heard either way.

Many thanks.

•••
For Small Sales Under $100 try Ebay,

Oh. Yes eBay could be a possibility. I used to sell Magic the Gathering cards on eBay and now have a rating of 666 feedbacks 100% positive so I would not have to gain confidence in buyers again. I'll look into that.

•••
I mostly deal in 4 Letter domains. I hold on really good pronounceable premium domains for site like BB. Because in some cases you cannot get better deal than BB. But i buy and sell other domains on daily basis. To maintain the flow and renew all domains with that money.

You buy any 4 letter domains even if its not pronounceable and get to make money on reselling them? There is a good market for those GQQZ (example) domains?

They cost more money. Its a totally different ballgame that handreg brandables.

•••
You buy any 4 letter domains even if its not pronounceable and get to make money on reselling them? There is a good market for those GQQZ (example) domains?

I'll send you a link in PM. You will get the enough information about 4L Domains.

•••
How does the number matters ? specially the inventory size! It just means nothing to me.

Just by keeping watch to BrandBuckets' client list ( considering the fact there could be NDA factor ), they would take 100 years to clear their current inventory, that too if atall 100% listed domains saleable!

I believe success rate in selling should be the right index to judge the potential, also BrandBucket have serious "conflict of interest" issue ( they register domain themselves & take others for a fee as well ).

It's insane, they would spend more on publicizing submitted domains than their own. Simple math! It's 30% vs 100%

All valid points and if they were selling a commodity I would be concerned. But they aren't. They are selling a specific product that is not interchangeable. If I am a company wanting a logo that starts with an "A" for example, they can market names starting with a "B through Z" to me all day, but it wont help me. If I like your domain, its not like they can offer the same thing to me and then get the 100% for themselves. Bottom line is that in this segment, the customer dictates what they want and if it happens to be yours, you win and BB doesn't win as much.

•••

Q X Z are non Premium Letters. But if you hit the chinese buyer you can make good bucks. In 4L Domains the benefit is you can sell them any time because currently 4L market is on fire and with other domains You have to wait for the right buyer.

Its BrandBucket Experience thread and we are changing the topic, Better to continue the topic in 4L specific thread.

•••
They are selling a specific product that is not interchangeable

I agree with you to some extent, but your points go more with keyword domains, not with brandable domains that much! I will take your example for instance, you are looking for a domain with "A", now I throw three domains with "A", all from my portfolio. This is more likely my domain will be sold.

I used the word "publicizing", I was not talking about people who have tons of time to check through total inventory & pick one. Also who gets the best logo done, my portfolio domain OR yours, that's another way to push favouritism.

It's just "conflict of interest" that bothers me, not the brandable niche.

•••
It's just "conflict of interest" that bothers me, not the brandable niche.

I guess that's the difference, despite all the legitimate gripes with BB, they are giving me an opportunity I may not have otherwise had, and I am thankful for it. It is after all, their ball.

•••
Oh. Yes eBay could be a possibility. I used to sell Magic the Gathering cards on eBay and now have a rating of 666 feedbacks 100% positive so I would not have to gain confidence in buyers again. I'll look into that.
666 feedbacks? Quick! Get that number up atleast 1 :ahhh:. Love MTG, good hobbies you have Doum.

•••
Michael, could I ask you to nudge whoever is checking affiliate applications? I made my application 2/3 weeks ago and haven't heard either way.

Many thanks.

I will check into it. I know that CJ hasn't worked very well for us in the past.

•••
Also who gets the best logo done, my portfolio domain OR yours, that's another way to push favouritism.

In regards to logos, the logo designer picks the logo they want to design for. To a certain extent the better and more reliable designers gets first pick on what name they want to design for. The logo reward, the quality of the name, and the ease at which they can make a logo all come into consideration.

•••
In regards to logos, the logo designer picks the logo they want to design for. To a certain extent the better and more reliable designers gets first pick on what name they want to design for. The logo reward, the quality of the name, and the ease at which they can make a logo all come into consideration.

Thanks for the clarification, on a separate note why don't you (BB) update the client page frequently ?

I saw the inventory growing in rapid pace, certainly that is good for BB since there is listing fee associated. But where is the real sale which can benefit the domainer ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back