NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally, had 4/25 domains accepted. 4 more still pending review.

I have a question. Is it not possible to increase the price by more than 20%?

I feel the reviewer overlooked and undervalued a domain...

Cheers!

•••
Finally, had 4/25 domains accepted. 4 more still pending review.

I have a question. Is it not possible to increase the price by more than 20%?

I feel the reviewer overlooked and undervalued a domain...

Cheers!

Tell them so, and don't list it if you feel the re-evaluation price isn't right.

•••
Thank you @trelgor! I'll be contacting them.

Also, what can my "credits" be used for? :xf.confused:

•••
•••
Also, what can my "credits" be used for?
Credits can be used as payment for listing fees.

10 Credits = $10

You earn credits by voting (10 votes = 1 Credit) or when users share your portfolio page via social media. Credits can also be purchased, so if you wanted to use a Paypal balance to pay for listings rather than use a CC you can do so (need to contact support for this option).
Read the site!
There are definitely some answers you wont find on the site, and cases of what you find not being entirely clear.

•••

10 Credits = $10

You earn credits by voting (10 votes = 1 Credit) or when users share your portfolio page via social media. Credits can also be purchased, so if you wanted to use a Paypal balance to pay for listings rather than use a CC you can do so (need to contact support for this option).

There are definitely some answers you wont find on the site, and cases of what you find not being entirely clear.

Thanks @Brandworthy!

I agree. The website definitely needs work. BrandBucket doesn't explain what the perks are (anywhere). All I could find on the BrandBucket site was this vague sentence:

Which one would you choose as your business name? Vote often, and gain points for BrandBucket perks.

It says that on the "Vote" page.

Why wouldn't an explantation, of credits and perks, be in the FAQ page? :xf.confused:

I ended up finding the information I needed, here:

http://buywebsites.biz/851/how-a-domainer-uses-pheenix-and-brandbucket/

Last edited:
•••

10 Credits = $10

Right sorry, I was quite sure that this info was up there.

•••
I have one question for the BB regulars:

Did you write a description when you submit your name ? If yes, what kind of description ?

•••
I have one question for the BB regulars:

Did you write a description when you submit your name ? If yes, what kind of description ?

Not really...hardly ever. I personally feel that if you NEED to describe a domain name, then it's not very good! But sometimes the domain name will mean something in a different language and then I add that to the description for that submission.

Cheers!

•••
Not really...hardly ever. I personally feel that if you NEED to describe a domain name, then it's not very good! But sometimes the domain name will mean something in a different language and then I add that to the description for that submission.

Cheers!

I've started writing descriptions similar to the ones BB publish, to maybe ease off the workload, and fasttrack the listing somewhat.

Taglines more than decriptions really. Something to catch the attention.

•••
I've started writing descriptions similar to the ones BB publish, to maybe ease off the workload, and fasttrack the listing somewhat.

Taglines more than decriptions really. Something to catch the attention.

Are you talking before or after a domain is approved? I was talking about submissions only.(before) Once the names are approved a description is required, so yes everyone is required to write a description once approved.

I submit about 10 names a day and don't have enough time to write a description for every submission, plus i would have to re-descripe the name again once approved. That is just too much extra work.

•••
Just had my final names from mid April reviewed and either accepted or rejected. So might be picking up pace because of @michaeljkrell ?? Fingers crossed.

Just a quick thought, how about expanding the options with regards to the logo design rewards as currently the $100, $200 etc seems a bit limited. Most of my names are in the $1k-$2k range and so $200 seems a bit much on top of 30% How about adding $125, $150, $175 etc on a sliding scale up to $500??

Just an idea and no too difficult to implement.

•••
Are you talking before or after a domain is approved? I was talking about submissions only.(before) Once the names are approved a description is required, so yes everyone is required to write a description once approved.

I submit about 10 names a day and don't have enough time to write a description for every submission, plus i would have to re-descripe the name again once approved. That is just too much extra work.

After approval.

I imagine coming up with something "headlineish" can be timeconsuming if you don't have a feel for the name, so I now try to write something like that instead of just a plain description.

•••
I recently started submitting 1 domain at a time with a description. Just to see if explaining my "view" of the invented word helps having them approved or not. Sometimes I see something the evaluator could miss. I was not entering any description when submitting my first batch. I'll see if I have more success now. I have 11 approved so far .. slowly going up :)

•••
New email is out. Like i posted last week, in gmail, only a percentage of the names appear "above the fold"... it gets cut off and says:

[Message clipped] View entire message

And needless to say, again, my names are all way below that, never to be seen. I wonder how they determine which are at the top, etc. or if it's just random.

They should probably post a blog post with the new names and link out to it, so that all of the names actually get seen, rather than an email which gets chopped off every time. Thoughts?

To those have have gotten sales right after an email, were your names near the top?

•••
How does the number matters ? specially the inventory size! It just means nothing to me.

Just by keeping watch to BrandBuckets' client list ( considering the fact there could be NDA factor ), they would take 100 years to clear their current inventory, that too if atall 100% listed domains saleable!

I believe success rate in selling should be the right index to judge the potential, also BrandBucket have serious "conflict of interest" issue ( they register domain themselves & take others for a fee as well ).

It's insane, they would spend more on publicizing submitted domains than their own. Simple math! It's 30% vs 100%

Last edited:
•••
And needless to say, again, my names are all way below that, never to be seen. I wonder how they determine which are at the top, etc. or if it's just random.

They should probably post a blog post with the new names and link out to it, so that all of the names actually get seen, rather than an email which gets chopped off every time. Thoughts?

To those have have gotten sales right after an email, were your names near the top?

I don't know, but I am a cockroach on BB (only 4 domains published so far) and my recently published domain (eracora) is on the front page of BB right now. So it must be random and no favor to anybody.

•••
I don't know, but I am a cockroach on BB (only 4 domains published so far) and my recently published domain (eracora) is on the front page of BB right now. So it must be random and no favor to anybody.

He's speaking about the newsletter I think. The front page of BB has the new domains I believe, that's why yours is there.

•••
Oh. Ok misunderstood that. I see my domains in the news letter too. All domains added for that week are listed in the email. Regarding the order, I guess its by published date since my 2 domains for last week are side-by-side in the newsletter and they were published pretty much at the same time.

As for "They should probably post a blog post with the new names and link out to it, so that all of the names actually get seen, rather than an email which gets chopped off every time"

They do on their Facebook page and Twitter account. All new domains are published with description and hashtags. They update several times per day as soon as new domains are published and not only once a week like the email.

The emails are not chopped for me. I use Thunderbird and no problem I see all the list.

•••
Where can I sign up for the newsletter?

•••
•••
Oh. Ok misunderstood that. I see my domains in the news letter too. All domains added for that week are listed in the email. Regarding the order, I guess its by published date since my 2 domains for last week are side-by-side in the newsletter and they were published pretty much at the same time.

As for "They should probably post a blog post with the new names and link out to it, so that all of the names actually get seen, rather than an email which gets chopped off every time"

They do on their Facebook page and Twitter account. All new domains are published with description and hashtags. They update several times per day as soon as new domains are published and not only once a week like the email.

The emails are not chopped for me. I use Thunderbird and no problem I see all the list.

That's cool about the social media posts - but those also get lost in a feed. There is a shelf life to them and you need to be logged in and looking at your feed within a few hours of them being posted to see them. I think adding a blog post would be helpful for both buyers and sellers.

I haven't checked using other email clients, just the web gmail, which I know a lot of people use.

•••
Hi @michaeljkrell - can you shed some light on what BB is doing (or planning to do) with the data gathered by the voting on published names?

•••
Hey, Keith! We are trying. If you know any logo designers, please send them our way!
I've put an announcement on my local job share page. Hope that helps!

•••
I submitted some domains 2 months back and some of them got approved 2 weeks ago and i list 1 Domain on BB after approval but now since last 2 weeks waiting for Logo Design to be finish. After 2 and Half month Domain still on hold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back