Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is there any suggestion on whether or not its better to submit a bulk of domains (say its 100 names) at one time versus submitting 10 per week for 10 weeks?

Hi. I would submit as many names as you have at once.

•••
Congrats Michael. Everybody in the BB circle is a winner this morning. I hope you'll still have time to come here. Always interesting to read and hear about you. Nice work.

•••
And what happens to the names that were submitted years ago. Di they get buried under the recent ones? Did u sell any urself?

Hi, I just PMed you.

This last month I sold my third oldest name on BB (been there for about 22 months), and also sold quite a few that have been listed for over a year.

•••
Congrats Michael. Everybody in the BB circle is a winner this morning. I hope you'll still have time to come here. Always interesting to read and hear about you. Nice work.

Thank you so much!

I am going to try to be even more active on NP :)

•••
A bit OT maybe. But I would like to lift a discussion about the potential of BB and brandables in general.

In the discussion of pure keyword domains VS brandables the brandable adopters recognize the value of keyword domains, but normally it is never vice versa.

That means opportunity. These names obviously sell in a way that is more than sustainable.

But how do you guys vision this market in 5-10 years?

* Crushed by ngtld comets?
* Keyword domains and high profile keyword brandables rise in value - low profile brandables do not?
* Value rises compared to other nametypes?

What is the growth projection of BB?

Ultimately what is the potential of this niche?

•••
This last month I sold my third oldest name on BB (been there for about 22 months), and also sold quite a few that have been listed for over a year.

Wow, that's great news.

And mega congratulations on your new post. I can see BB going from strength to strength!

•••
I'll do my best here :)

I personally don't see the new GTLDs affecting .com brandables for at least the next 5 years. Things change so quickly it would be difficult for me take a guess after that. I'm sure there will be some startups using the new gtlds like cloud and app, but I think many will still run into the same problem of their name not being available to register because of registries holding back name and speculation in the market. I will still be actively buying names, and apart from a one off .ly or .io, I don't see myself investing in anything else, but .com.

I think high-quality names will see fairly consistent growth in the coming years. It's difficult to say what the $1500 to $2K name is going to do, but I see them staying pretty much the same. It's a great luxury to many times only having $10 or $20 in these names because small market fluctuations one way or the other don't effect the already huge ROI you are getting.

I can't give you specific projections, but we are very bullish. And like I said, I have personally been very aggressive in buying names over the last 8-9 months, and I am starting to see some of that pay off.

Hopefully this helps.

•••
Wow, that's great news.

And mega congratulations on your new post. I can see BB going from strength to strength!

Thank you!

•••
Thanks, Jim! Good questions.

I can definitely tell you that I didn't purchase a majority stake in the company; I don't have the cash for that :) No equity was bought or sold.

I will be taking over the day-to-day operations, but Margot will still be in charge of name submissions and when we need some extra help(like now), I will assist with that as well.

My main objective is becoming more engaged with the domaining community on BrandBucket and ultimately increasing sales. My site HandReg.com will become more active, I will be doing live video chats with domainers discussing their portfolio, etc.

Margot and I will be working together on strategy, but rest assured that the core of BB will not change; we just want to help it reach its max potential with the help of all our members.

@michaeljkrell -

Thank you for the direct & clear response!

This is terrific news to hear BrandBucket is adding additional management depth to the team... especially with someone who has direct experience being a submitter to the site and experience in the industry.

Also, thank you for responding to the equity stake question.

Very much appreciate the transparency in your response.

-Jim

Last edited:
•••
I personally don't see the new GTLDs affecting .com brandables for at least the next 5 years. Things change so quickly it would be difficult for me take a guess after that. I'm sure there will be some startups using the new gtlds like cloud and app, but I think many will still run into the same problem of their name not being available to register because of registries holding back name and speculation in the market. I will still be actively buying names, and apart from a one off .ly or .io, I don't see myself investing in anything else, but .com.

I think high-quality names will see fairly consistent growth in the coming years. It's difficult to say what the $1500 to $2K name is going to do, but I see them staying pretty much the same. It's a great luxury to many times only having $10 or $20 in these names because small market fluctuations one way or the other don't effect the already huge ROI you are getting.

I can't give you specific projections, but we are very bullish. And like I said, I have personally been very aggressive in buying names over the last 8-9 months, and I am starting to see some of that pay off.

Have to say one of the first posts on NP that I agree with every single word...So you're not looking to diversify into 6N domains anytime soon then Michael? :-,

•••
Have to say one of the first posts on NP that I agree with every single word...So you're not looking to diversify into 6N domains anytime soon then Michael? :-,

Not smart enough for that :)

•••
I'll do my best here :)

Hopefully this helps.

Do you expect to keep increasing the rate of names accepted?

Could there be 50.000 names+ on BB in a year?

•••
Do you expect to keep increasing the rate of names accepted?

Could there be 50.000 names+ on BB in a year?

I think it's safe to say we won't be increasing the rate of names accepted, but will try to increase the speed at which accepted names are published if that makes sense.

•••
I think it's safe to say we won't be increasing the rate of names accepted, but will try to increase the speed at which accepted names are published if that makes sense.

I meant to say "keep listing names at the same increasing rate". I don't mean acceptance ratio.

•••
First well done @michaeljkrell - I think you're going to be a fantastic leader at BB as you handle yourself exceedingly well and have a brilliant eye for brandable domains.
My main objective is becoming more engaged with the domaining community on BrandBucket and ultimately increasing sales. My site HandReg.com will become more active, I will be doing live video chats with domainers discussing their portfolio, etc.
This sounds super, and any support you can offer that helps us build better portfolios on BB will be great for all parties.

Congratulations and best of luck with everything

•••
I think everyone agrees this is an exciting development. A smart move given Michael’s acuity for the brandable market place and his skills and background in marketing and web development. No doubt there will be an adjustment period and some bumps in the road here and there. However, I see this as one more positive sign that BB feels it is ready to really step up and further command this niche market. I think their strong team has just become stronger and BB and us, the name vendor community, will be the mutual beneficiaries of this expansion.

PS: Michael if we want to send you suggestions or feedback regarding BB processes what is your BB email address?

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations Michael!

Great news. I always think "What Next" in your tie-up with BB since you promoted as Rep.

Thanks for sharing your insights!

•••
@michaeljkrell
Congratulations on your new position! That's great news for our business.

Just curious... what's the long term goal for inventory? 15,000? 100,000?

Or is the intent to simply publish as many as you can?

I think a lot of sellers are concerned about their names getting lost in the mix.

•••
Congratulations Michael!

Great news. I always think "What Next" in your tie-up with BB since you promoted as Rep.

Thanks for sharing your insights!

Thank you!

•••
@michaeljkrell

I think a lot of sellers are concerned about their names getting lost in the mix.

Thank you!

We haven't really sat down and discussed specific numbers. We like the pace at which names are currently being submitted, so we want to make sure that our approval and logo processes are as efficient as they can be.

Names being lost in the mix is definitely something that I worry about. The one thing I will say is that even though 10K or 20K names may seem like a lot, you would be surprised at how quickly that list narrows down for customers that have a specific name in my mind. Just a few months ago I was searching for a name for an app my friends have been working on, and I honestly couldn't find anything that worked. We are continuing to refine our search and we are exploring other ways in which domain owners can highlight their best names every so often to get them more exposure to someone just browsing the site.

•••
@michaeljkrell

Why would sellers be concerned? Don't sellers want MORE of their own names on BB? Or would you rather have no more name accepted(including yours)? I personally would like more names(including mine) to be accepted/listed.

As far as your comment "names getting lost in the mix" I still don't understand why names would get lost in the mix... BB has a SEARCH BAR! And it works well... because they make 'tags' and 'categories' which help find the listed names.

PS... I sold two names on BB this month(june) and they were not recently 'new' names... so they were found(not lost) easily in the mix of 12,500+ names.... probably because of the search tool ;)

Cheers!

•••
•••
BB is cruising thru the submissions list! I submit names as I register them. Day by day and week by week. I don't hold them for a mass submission and I've had a boatload of em reviewed this past week including everything through May 2nd. So the wait time is now down to about month. Hopefully BB can maintain or even exceed this waiting period. PS and hopefully the logo designers can keep up :roll:

•••
Hey, Keith! We are trying. If you know any logo designers, please send them our way!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back