Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone had any luck getting a name taken off of Namerific, that they did not list for sale there?

One of my BrandBucket names was listed there by a previous owner, and I have messaged Namerific through their site multiple times, as well as called and left voicemails explaining the situation and asking them to take the name down. No responses at all. Quite frankly, I'm quite frustrated. I just sent a private message to @Namerific here on NamePros and replied to their last couple tweets telling them to remove the name immediately.

•••
Has anyone had any luck getting a name taken off of Namerific, that they did not list for sale there?

One of my BrandBucket names was listed there by a previous owner, and I have messaged Namerific through their site multiple times, as well as called and left voicemails explaining the situation and asking them to take the name down. No responses at all. Quite frankly, I'm quite frustrated. I just sent a private message to @Namerific here on NamePros and replied to their last couple tweets telling them to remove the name immediately.

I did not experience this problem myself, but I read another post somewhere from another seller having the same problem. Unable to remove a name or even get a reply from messages sent.

The customers service at Namerific is really unprofessional. Miles from the quality of BB customers service. I can't talk about BR. They never replied to my sign up request.

Last edited:
•••

Sucks.

•••
All right -- contacting Namerific here on NamePros appears to have worked. I got a prompt response this morning and they said they would take it down.

•••
I was doing some research this morning and stumbled on a quote that addressed an issue which was recently discussed on here. While it wasn't a concern for me, i know many people wondered about having 20K names and how a customer could possibly search through dozens of pages. The quote was from the owner of Brandbucket and is as follows:

"I'm the owner of BrandBucket.com, a marketplace that was built specifically to sell "brandable", non-keyword domain names. We've discovered that there is a large audience out there that are looking for this type of name, but at the same time these names get lost in large, keyword-driven domain marketplaces. We have been successful at solving this problem by:
  • Curating our marketplace. Our team's entrepreneurial and linguistic background moderates submissions to showcase only the best names from a spelling, pronunciation and usability perspective. Our goal is to keep the total list at a size (roughly 1000-1500 names) that can be browsed by one person in an evening.
  • Targeting our marketing at a specific buyer type -- small- to medium-sized businesses who appreciate having a list to choose from, and a budget for a strong .com domain."
So clearly they saw the same issues that some in this group had, but must have decided that having only enough names for an evening of review wasn't a factor. Hopefully that makes sense.

•••
I was doing some research this morning and stumbled on a quote that addressed an issue which was recently discussed on here. While it wasn't a concern for me, i know many people wondered about having 20K names and how a customer could possibly search through dozens of pages. The quote was from the owner of Brandbucket and is as follows:

"I'm the owner of BrandBucket.com, a marketplace that was built specifically to sell "brandable", non-keyword domain names. We've discovered that there is a large audience out there that are looking for this type of name, but at the same time these names get lost in large, keyword-driven domain marketplaces. We have been successful at solving this problem by:
  • Curating our marketplace. Our team's entrepreneurial and linguistic background moderates submissions to showcase only the best names from a spelling, pronunciation and usability perspective. Our goal is to keep the total list at a size (roughly 1000-1500 names) that can be browsed by one person in an evening.
  • Targeting our marketing at a specific buyer type -- small- to medium-sized businesses who appreciate having a list to choose from, and a budget for a strong .com domain."
So clearly they saw the same issues that some in this group had, but must have decided that having only enough names for an evening of review wasn't a factor. Hopefully that makes sense.
Wow-what happened to the 1000-1500 names that can be "browsed by one person in an evening" ? Obviously listing fees happened.

•••
•••
They would be out of business if they only had 1-1.5K names.
You need to offer a vast collection of name to attract buyers. But of course you still need to set some kind of ceiling.

•••
•••
how many time normally they late to sell a domain?
more or less...

•••
I did not experience this problem myself, but I read another post somewhere from another seller having the same problem. Unable to remove a name or even get a reply from messages sent.

The customers service at Namerific is really unprofessional. Miles from the quality of BB customers service. I can't talk about BR. They never replied to my sign up request.
LOL, BR didn't answer to my sign up request either, thought I submited a wrong mail but apparently it's not the case.. how much they take to review it generally?

•••
Really? Sure they weren't lost in the 17,500 plus names that are listed now? lol

If they weren't constantly being harangued by hyenas555 who want 555 minute of comment on every single name submission...gee maybe they could run their business.

•••
If they weren't constantly being harangued by hyenas555 who want 555 minute of comment on every single name submission...gee maybe they could run their business.
Perhaps you should come back when you can post something of value. Aren't you the same guy that's been posting multiple times a day about the "Flippa shills"? Have a nice day.

•••
I've never complained here about Logos-Ive even posted how well I thought BB did with them in general-until now. I posted here that I really only need two great logos for two particular names -one of which was
GreatBuddies.com Well it's up-looks like crap and as if a 2 year old did it. BB took a great name-I paid the listing fee and they ruined it. I'm sure not one of Mr Krell's logos look like this piece of S-.He wouldn't stand for it.

•••
We are working on the validation errors. We hope to get it resolved shortly.

•••
•••
BrandBucket now at 17,001 names. Added another 1,000 names in just 10 days.
BrandBucket now at 18,003. Added 1,000 names in 12 days. 2 days over the normal 1,000 names added in 10 days routine. Over the norm by 2 days probably due to lower additions during the weekend hours.

Last edited:
•••
Two more published and look fine. They must have fired the 2 year old that did
the logo for GreatBuddies.com .

•••
When I said my logos looked like they were drawn by my 5 year old, I was essentially told to put him to work and build a portfolio.

•••
Here are my sales for July. BB had a great month including some nice 5-figure LLLL sales.

B U F F E R Z O N E
S T A C K P A T H
S A F E C L O A K
B O O K T I V A
Z E N P U L S E
H O L S T R
C A R S Y
T R A C K E R L Y
D A N C E F U L
U B E R S E C U R I T Y
H Y Y P E
S E R V E S U P

•••
Here are my sales for July. BB had a great month including some nice 5-figure LLLL sales.

B U F F E R Z O N E
S T A C K P A T H
S A F E C L O A K
B O O K T I V A
Z E N P U L S E
H O L S T R
C A R S Y
T R A C K E R L Y
D A N C E F U L
U B E R S E C U R I T Y
H Y Y P E
S E R V E S U P
not so bad..

•••
@cocaseco - Can you please start providing references / proof of claims when you post negative remarks against companies. we are starting to get lots of reports that the majority of your claims are not based on actual facts and more of a personal vendetta. The best way to avoid such reports is to start providing proof with each claim.

Thanks for understanding and please keep this thread on topic with legitimate reviews regarding BrandBucket.

•••
When you say "lots", would you please quantify that? Also, when you say companies, we can assume BB is one, what is another that makes the plural accurate? Would you also please provide facts that support your claim of the "majority" of my claims are not based on actual facts? The use of the word "majority" sounds like an exaggeration. This is an opinion thread....Opinions don't always have facts in the sense of something that can be reproduced or posted. Sometimes they are a tone or the lack of a response even.

•••
When you say "lots", would you please quantify that? Also, when you say companies, we can assume BB is one, what is another that makes the plural accurate? Would you also please provide facts that support your claim of the "majority" of my claims are not based on actual facts? The use of the word "majority" sounds like an exaggeration. This is an opinion thread....Opinions don't always have facts in the sense of something that can be reproduced or posted. Sometimes they are a tone or the lack of a response even.
I think the best approach is to post all the facts. Maybe a step by step process that took place and possibly screenshots of the platform where an event took place or an error exists. What's getting your posts reported is when members just see you posting all negative stabs with nothing to support them. Some reports may or may not come from supporters of the companies your post in review threads are about, however many of them are not supporters and just concerned that companies are not getting a fair or accurate review.

Thanks for understanding, now lets get this review thread back on Topic. I look forward to your revised post / review. ;)

•••
BrandBucket now at 18,003. Added 1,000 names in 12 days. 2 days over the normal 1,000 names added in 10 days routine. Over the norm by 2 days probably due to lower additions during the weekend hours.
Has anyone ever looked into who-if anyone in particular ( I have no idea) owns most of the names on the first page? Or are they evenly distributed among newly published names? (hopefully)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back