NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first sale! I'm happy :)
B/u/y/y/o (BB accepted: 2015 July)

Happy new year!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Would be very interested to hear more on this aspect of your post if you care to share.
I'd be happy to share:

I spent my late teens and early 20s in the stock market. I never made much money, but I did learn some basic investing theories.

I've come to believe that diversification was lacking with my domain investment strategy.

BB is still a great opportunity, but I will try to spread my funds among whatever great opportunities I can find.

Don't get me wrong, I think specialization matters. This is especially true if you are new to domaining because it's easier to figure out one little niche. However, I think as domain portfolios grow and knowledge of different types of domain classes grow, diversification comes more into play.

•••
I have finance background as well and also believe in diversification.

I have English dictionary keyword(s) (one or two) in dot com, brandable dot coms (about 30% for both), LLLL dot coms (about 5%), LLLL premium dot orgs (about 50%), short or keyword cctlds (.ge, .ch, .az, .us, .me, .co, etc. - about 10%), some NN, NNN, NNNNs (not more than 2-3%)

•••
@michaeljkrell BB's website is down, if you are unaware.

SQL server not found error.

•••
@michaeljkrell BB's website is down, if you are unaware.

SQL server not found error.

I've noticed a few glitches in the early hours of today. Both on the sellers side, and front end side. I would imagine and hope this is related to the new UI and updates they've been talking about implementing.

•••
I've noticed a few glitches in the early hours of today. Both on the sellers side, and front end side. I would imagine and hope this is related to the new UI and updates they've been talking about implementing.
I was thinking the same thing... But the intermittent errors about SQL connections leads me to believe it is server issues. So I thought I'd mention it just in case they were unaware.

•••
I was thinking the same thing... But the intermittent errors about SQL connections leads me to believe it is server issues. So I thought I'd mention it just in case they were unaware.

Good point. I think the error I noticed when trying to go to my submitted domains was ajax related. (perhaps this is the same ajax sql error you received) The error I'm receiving now is a CDbException.

Fingers are crossed that BrandBucket will come back online with a new and improved UI and not a video by anonymous against domainers. lol

•••
•••
Good point. I think the error I noticed when trying to go to my submitted domains was ajax related. (perhaps this is the same ajax sql error you received) The error I'm receiving now is a CDbException.

Fingers are crossed that BrandBucket will come back online with a new and improved UI and not a video by anonymous against domainers. lol

Yea... I received a hard error when I tried to submit a name this morning.

I wonder if names submitted during this time when an error was received will be processed through their system correctly?

It is showing up in my submitted list, so I am thinking so. Guess time will tell.

•••
Yea... I received a hard error when I tried to submit a name this morning.

I wonder if names submitted during this time when an error was received will be processed through their system correctly?

It is showing up in my submitted list, so I am thinking so. Guess time will tell.

Just happened the same to me. But the name is showing as pending to review on my list, so I guess it got there and the system just failed to serve the confirmation page. At least I hope so.

•••
Their website seems to be back up at full speed currently.

•••
Their website seems to be back up at full speed currently.

I noticed them back online about an hour ago. Short lived down time/ There was also a thread about GoDaddy being down this morning. Both were back up in a timely manner.

•••
Watch out -- I just submitted some names and got an error screen, and no immediate confirmation e-mail like usual "Thank you for submitting names".

•••
I'm personally going to wait a day or so to submit any more names, or at least until they confirm the problem is resolved, just in case.

Don't think it will hurt the review times right now with the Holidays anyway... :xf.grin: For me I'm running at about 2 weeks pending.

•••
Don't think it will hurt the review times right now with the Holidays anyway... :xf.grin: For me I'm running at about 2 weeks pending.

I'm running two weeks as well.

Two Domains were submitted 12/14

Audio / Lion: Roar-jected
Studyr: Pending

•••
Watch out -- I just submitted some names and got an error screen, and no immediate confirmation e-mail like usual "Thank you for submitting names".

True. I didn't get the confirmation email either. But the name is on my list as pending review.

•••

True. I didn't get the confirmation email either. But the name is on my list as pending review.

Same thing happened to me. Further review into the error, Mandril_Exception, seems to be related API messaging company. Hence, domains submissions work; fancy confirmation doesn't.

•••
Happy New Year!

I had a BB sale today:

G/I/V/E/K/A/R/M/A

•••
Happy New Year!

I had a BB sale today:

G/I/V/E/K/A/R/M/A
It's been a long time since I got one. I am hoping to get one before I leave officially on the 10th of jan (when my 30 days lapse)
Good luck everyone

•••
It's been a long time since I got one. I am hoping to get one before I leave officially on the 10th of jan (when my 30 days lapse)
Good luck everyone
@bazabizo What's your plan next? Sorry if you have explained it on the previous posts (i haven't read this thread for some time).

•••
Happy New Year!

I had a BB sale today:

G/I/V/E/K/A/R/M/A

You must have been a good boy this year so Santa gave you a gift. :) Good karma lol.

Happy New Year, Andrew!

•••
Good luck everyone

You got 493 domains on BB... I believe 500 is the requirement to become a Brand Bucket ambassador...

Being able to add BB ambassador to your tool belt is rare...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back