Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
can you share your sales @Keith DeBoer ?

Thanks
I don't want to list individual names but I'll says this:

I only recently started adding invented names to my portfolio so all my sales so far have been two word domains and keyword hacks. 80% of my sales have been names I hand regged. All my sales have been priced between $1995 and $2495. It's hard to say what my sales % might be as my portfolio is constantly growing. In June 2015 I had 50 listings on BB and now, 10 months later, I have 470 listed names. Sales come more frequently now. Regarding sales % people should keep in mind that the sell through rate will vary greatly from one BB seller to another. So my suggestion is to focus on your own portfolio and sales and fine tune your portfolio to increase your sales rate and avoid making your business decisions based on the reports or claims of other people who may have a variety of personal motives. The only thing that counts is your business. Is your plan working? Are you becoming profitable? Is the amount of profit worth your time?

Like everyone else I came to domaining looking for easy money. But I found out it doesn't exist. You have to work hard and smart. Harder and smarter than most of the others. And there is nothing easy about that.

Last edited:
•••

I only recently started adding invented names to my portfolio so all my sales so far have been two word domains and keyword hacks. 80% of my sales have been names I hand regged. All my sales have been priced between $1995 and $2495. It's hard to say what my sales % might be as my portfolio is constantly growing. In June 2015 I had 50 listings on BB and now, 10 months later, I have 470 listed names. Sales come more frequently now. Regarding sales % people should keep in mind that the sell through rate will vary greatly from one BB seller to another. So my suggestion is to focus on your own portfolio and sales and fine tune your portfolio to increase your sales rate and avoid making your business decisions based on the reports or claims of other people who may have a variety of personal motives. The only thing that counts is your business. Is your plan working? Are you becoming profitable? Is the amount of profit worth your time?

Like everyone else I came to domaining looking for easy money. But I found out it doesn't exist. You have to work hard and smart. Harder and smarter than most of the others. And there is nothing easy about that.

Congrats, Keith!

With 470 names, if you manage to average BB minus MK rates, you should be getting 16 sales a year. Good luck!

•••

Very inspirational post. Thanks for sharing.

•••

Keith

Have you had many rejections from BB?

•••
@Keith DeBoer
Hi Keith. I just had a look at BrandTrapper.
Whats the deal there? Do you need to have a certain amount of domains listed on BB in order to set up a site like that?
I typed in one of your domains and took me to Brandbucket instead of your site so slightly confused by...

THE DOMAIN NAME THAT REDIRECTED YOU HERE IS FOR SALE!

(Written on your contact page.)

When someone finds your name on BB are they redirected to your site?
Thanks for any info you can share.

•••
@Keith DeBoer
Hi Keith. I just had a look at BrandTrapper.
Whats the deal there? Do you need to have a certain amount of domains listed on BB in order to set up a site like that?
I typed in one of your domains and took me to Brandbucket instead of your site so slightly confused by...

THE DOMAIN NAME THAT REDIRECTED YOU HERE IS FOR SALE!

(Written on your contact page.)

When someone finds your name on BB are they redirected to your site?
Thanks for any info you can share.
Looks like Keith is an affiliate for BB. I guess anyone can do that. It is another way of driving traffic to your BB domains. Keith obviously would drive traffic to Brand Trapper... and buyers would then peruse his domains on BB.

•••
Looks like Keith is an affiliate for BB. I guess anyone can do that. It is another way of driving traffic to your BB domains. Keith obviously would drive traffic to Brand Trapper... and buyers would then peruse his domains on BB.
What are the advantages of Affiliate for BB and how to become one?

•••
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I think @Keith DeBoer just uses BrandBucket's widget to showcase his BrandBucket portfolio on his site too, if I'm not wrong, everyone can use it..

•••
What are the advantages of Affiliate for BB and how to become one?
The advantages for BB is they get free traffic to their website through your efforts.

The advantages for the affiliate (Keith) he gets to display his portfolio in a professional manner utilising BB's platform. There's a chance he will generate sales through his efforts as he is also driving traffic to his site (and indirectly to his BB domains). The only negative for Keith is that potential buyers might end up buying domains from other sellers on BB once they discover BB.

To become an affiliate contact BB.

Last edited:
•••
Im lost.
Right ok, just looked at the site again and your right @Justin Matmor
If I click on a name on his site it just takes me to BB where it shows his name and 9 'Other business names you may like' So must be an affiliate or clearly that is crazy! Send traffic to your own site/domain names for the buyer to then be presented with alternative names they can go for instead.

My bad. Initially I presumed the traffic was sent from BB to Keiths site where they could then complete a purchase on his site.

•••
Im lost.
Right ok, just looked at the site again and your right @Justin Matmor
If I click on a name on his site it just takes me to BB where it shows his name and 9 'Other business names you may like' So must be an affiliate or clearly that is crazy! Send traffic to your own site/domain names for the buyer to then be presented with alternative names they can go for instead.

My bad. Initially I presumed the traffic was sent from BB to Keiths site where they could then complete a purchase on his site.
brandbucket. com / affiliates

•••
I presume then if you are an affiliate you would receive a commission on any sales made coming from your site and possibly BB take less than 30% if one of the affiliates names is sold?
Forgive me for my naivety. Can anybody clear this up for me?

•••
I presume then if you are an affiliate you would receive a commission on any sales made coming from your site and possibly BB take less than 30% if one of the affiliates names is sold?
I haven't looked into their affiliate program. It is possible you could earn a commission off BB's 30%...but I am not sure if BB is set up to run an affiliate program like the conventional way.

•••
Do you understand that all the domains listed on Keith's website are his own names?

•••
Looks like Keith is not just an ordinary BB seller. He also writes articles for BB on their blog.

•••
Do you understand that all the domains listed on Keith's website are his own names?

Yes I understand that. I thought it looked great at first a place where you can list all your BB names and showcase to potentially interested clients however when you click onto a domain on his site it redirects to BB where the buyer now has 27000 other choices, so that could only make sense if you earn a commission should they decide to go with another name?

Last edited:
•••
I can see why they rejected these.
Companies would probably not want to build a brand around these names.
That is my honest feedback.
I actually like Cruct...

•••
It appears the contact button on the affiliate page does not work.
Can anyone give details of BB affiliate programme?

•••
maybe Michael Krell could clarify??

•••
Keith

Have you had many rejections from BB?
Yes, I have had many rejections. But as one gets better at understanding what BB is looking for the acceptance % can rise quite a lot.

•••
It appears the contact button on the affiliate page does not work.
Can anyone give details of BB affiliate programme?
My understanding is that the BB affiliate program is no longer functional and may be resurrected later. @michaeljkrell can give details.

However any BB seller can take the ready made widget from their BB sellers account and place it on their own web site. Which is what I've done. In this way each seller can promote their BB listings on their own website. Since BB requires that sellers list their names exclusively on the BB website using the widget is the only acceptable way to promote one's BB names outside of their website. I hope that helps.

•••
Thats a shame, Not to worry. Hopefully it is something that will be available again in the future.
Being able to promote our Brandbucket names on our own site is a great feature.
Thanks for getting back to me.
All the best with your site and domain sales.

•••
Congrats on your sales, Keith.

The way I keep track of my sell-through rate is I have all my names in an Excel spreadsheet, and I have a column for the exact date when each "goes live" or gets published.

Then I have another column which is =()TODAY-G33

where G33 would be the cell that has the "went live" date

Then way at the bottom of the spreadsheet I have a cell which is the SUM of all the individual days live.

Now I call that number my total listed-days.

You need this number to be able to calculate an exact sell-through rate. (I'll cover the calculation of a sell-through rate in a later post.)

Regarding listed-days, it works like this:

Let's say you have 3 total names published. One has been live for 45 days, one for 27 days, and one for 5 days.

Your listed-days = 45 + 27 + 5 = 77

My actual number for my BB portfolio is 47,404 listed-days. The individual domains range from my first that went live about 14 months ago (436 listed-days) to names that went live today (0 listed-days).

I have 295 names currently listed. So you can see that my average name has been listed for a little over 5 months (161 days).

To be exact, when you have a sale or remove a name, you have to change the cell from =()TODAY-G33 to:

=(date of sale or removal)-G33

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back