IT.COM

Brandname + gpt

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paperhand

Established Member
Impact
Hi, given the buzz around gpt - how would you categorise a trademarked name together with gdp as a domain? Like bbcxgpt.com toyotaxgpt.com or mensaxgpt.com (remove x)

Besides the open ai and chat gpt issue, will the lawyers come knocking if I got one like these?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would categorize it as not a good idea.

•••
And would Mensa x gpt be an exception, having a meaning on its own (Latin word)?

•••
They are TM names, so it's probably not a good idea - You already own one, do you intend to sell it to Toyota?

Last edited:
•••
For sure it is illegal to use trade mark name with GPT ,
BUT I believe if you price it with reasonable cheap price ( much cheaper than the cost of lawsuit case opened with lawyer ) , it can be bought by the same company the owner of the trade mark .they to avoid the hassle and wasting times with lawyers and cases .
So in some cases it worth the risk .

NOTE : It never happened to me , but that’s my believe .

•••
I used some examples to adjust my strategy. Thanks for your feedback!

•••
To make sure - every name that is listed under a let’s say trademarkia.com search is out of reach? Even for very descriptive, everyday names that are registered under different classes with multiple registrants?

examples: xmarketwatchxgpt.com or xhealthspanxgpt.com
//-x//

•••
also, cnbc is clearly registered, still there are 61 listings on dan.com for this keyword in various domains. So what would the case be here with cnbcxxxgpt? //-xxx//

I know there are various threads on the hot trademark topic, but I’m not sure about gpt combinations.

I guess this question is interesting for quite a few members and readers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back