IT.COM

Brandroot are after Brandbucket listed names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello everyone.

Here is part of an eMail I got today from Brandroot. I have some names listed at Brandbucket; and Brandroot are offering incentives to transfer them.

"If you're interested in listing free with us, respond to this message for your personal coupon key, which you must use when you are on the edit domain details page (before you verify the name.)

Additionally, if you are interested in moving your names from BrandBucket to Brandroot, we offer great incentives to do so, including double the free listings, lower commission paid to us for the names you move over, and featured listings on a select few. If this interests you, please respond with the list of names you would move over and we will get back to you with what we can offer you and the names we would like to take to our site.

We have had a couple of individuals who have taken this opportunity and even sold a couple that were moved over within a month of being on our site. If you're not getting the expected results from your brandables at BrandBucket, give Brandroot an honest try. You most likely won't regret it.

Keep in mind that BrandBucket requires a 30 days notice for any names moved from their site."

I guess they're after everyones business in an aggressive way. I haven't sold any thing at Brandbucket; but I will leave my names there for now.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@discobull thank you. We reject a lot of logos and deny a lot of logo designer applications as our way of trying to set a higher standard. We'd rather have two or three great designers than 15 mediocre ones. When you have many designers, each designer sees few to no sales. When you have just a few, they see sales over and over, which allows us to have more say in what is acceptable and also motivates those few designers to produce great stuff. Anyway, I'll send on your compliments.

•••
A lot of good stuff in this thread, I wrote a post about the topic and this thread, the link is in signature. I think you are making good strides Michael getting the logos up fast, people can't and should not have to wait months to get a logo done.

•••
"Brandroot are after Brandbucket listed names"

Translated to: There a finite amount of these domains unless you go long. And its more beneficial to raid the other company and hopfully score some of the better shorter ones, than hope domainers can keep regging long ones end users like.

And the logo part of it is so over blow. Painful to to see 5er type of logos paraded as $xxx And have people wait for them.

•••
Good read @equity78. I'd just like to add that Brandroot has been ahead of Namerific (in terms of sales and traffic) almost since Brandroot launched. I don't mean that as some proud boast, more as of a carrot to attract more sellers. It's been the case for as long as I've known Zane. I've noticed more and more the ruthlessness of this competitive niche. Instead of sitting back as the defender, we are making it clear that Brandroot is the competitive aggressor. We've been a little put out by some resent passive-competition so we decided it was time to switch roles. And to address what was mentioned earlier, we certainly don't believe anything we are doing is unethical. To call competition unethical is silly. After all, those who win are the customers.

•••
"Brandroot are after Brandbucket listed names"

Translated to: There a finite amount of these domains unless you go long. And its more beneficial to raid the other company and hopfully score some of the better shorter ones, than hope domainers can keep regging long ones end users like.

And the logo part of it is so over blow. Painful to to see 5er type of logos paraded as $xxx And have people wait for them.

Hi @johname. Actually the majority of short, 4-letter premium names on Brandroot belong to Brandroot. We've attracted a lot of popular length name (5-9). We didn't go after BB sellers for any particular reason other than building our brand for what we've built it to be. No company increases it's value by sitting around acquiescing. Prior to this promotion we never had a shortage of submitted names.

•••
I am sure you're up to your ears in submitted names. People that own 4-letter premium would probably much rather handle the deal themselves. You build your brand by getting the most pleasant shorter names as possible so you can have more happy customers. Goodluck

•••
I am sure you're up to your ears in submitted names. People that own 4-letter premium would probably much rather handle the deal themselves. You build your brand by getting the most pleasant shorter names as possible so you can have more happy customers. Goodluck

Thank you. BTW, that was not to say that we don't list and sell 4 letters for others. In fact we've sold four in the past couple of weeks that don't belong to us.

•••
•••
There was a misunderstanding on my part - it was not clear to me (maybe I missed it) - that this promotion was sent only to their already existing customers. Not sure that I see anything wrong in marketing this way to their customers at all so I've deleted what was here before.

I was under the impression it was unsolicited email - which sounds like it wasn't. I didn't care either way, myself, but don't want to mischaracterize this marketing effort as anything it wasn't.

Mea culpa.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the correction @DU. To further clarify, none of the email addresses were harvested electronically, nor were they taken from any of our competitors websites. This email was sent ONLY to users who have an account at Brandroot, to those who provided the email to us and to those who we send periodic feature updates and promotions.

Last edited:
•••
I started this thread because I was a little annoyed at the initial email and it's ethical approach. However, after reading the posts by Rader from Brandroot and others, I have been enlightened, and I apologise.

Regards

Ralph

•••
I started this thread because I was a little annoyed at the initial email and it's ethical approach. However, after reading the posts by Rader from Brandroot and others, I have been enlightened, and I apologise.

Regards

Ralph
You sparked a good discussion Ralph and probably got Brand Root some customers so don't be too hard on yourself.

The tags in this thread say UCE and Spam, Michael has said this was not spam.

•••
Duly noted. Sorry too for the harsh words.

•••
Looks like Margot and Brand Bucket are gearing up for the increased competition, email sent out

We are growing faster than ever before.

Sales are growing, inventory is increasing and affiliate partners are joining by the hundreds. We want you to grow with us. We are very excited to announce some exciting new tools to help you grow your sales with BrandBucket. Please read on!

Your own BrandBucket profile page.

We’re proud to introduce your own personal landing page featuring your domain names that you can promote, share and recommend. Every time your friends and social network connections share your page, you earn a credit towards future listing fees and more. So share away, and let the network effect save you some cash Become a partner and earn more cash.

BrandBucket is now on Commission Junction. We have accepted over 600 new partners into our affiliate program and the results are amazing. You too can join! By using your unique affiliate link to point customers to your portfolio, you can earn an additional 6% of the sale price when your names sell, and you can even earn commission on other domain name sales. All you have to do is just use your link and start blogging, Facebooking, Instagramming and tweeting. Yes It is that easy.

Leaner, faster and more shiny website.

We have been busy adding more features and making the website more responsive to more devices and potential customers. Transactions from mobile devices have doubled in the last three months. We created new segments for visitors to better search and find what they are looking for. We improved search and filtering tools to show more qualified related names.

Conversions from new website visitors have increased by 150% for organic traffic, 180% for Adwords and 300% for affiliates. We must be doing something right!
icon_wink.gif

From 40 to 400 new names per month.

Two years ago we were adding an average of 40 new names per month. Recently we have been hitting the 400 per month mark! We are not compromising on quality as we grow, and we did hit a bit of a slowdown with the on-boarding process. To deal with the growth we recruited additional brand editors and logo designers. Our submission process is getting faster and we are aiming to making it even faster and more transparent with more enhancements on the way. We are still listening and improving so please keep the feedback coming.

Last but not least, we are expanding!

To be announced soon, we are joining forces with some insanely great new partners in the brandable business names space. Stay tuned for upcoming press releases.

Happy selling!

•••
I think you should write about this one too...

A lot of good stuff in this thread, I wrote a post about the topic and this thread, the link is in signature. I think you are making good strides Michael getting the logos up fast, people can't and should not have to wait months to get a logo done.

•••
Competition is always better for consumers. BB used to take a long time to approve/disapprove domain names - now they are shifting gears as they realize that there is competition and serious one. On a side note my Brandroot account is still not active probably because I applied for both designer and seller account. So I am still sticking to BB and NF. So far sold one domain at BB. But what I noticed that my own website which is a keyword domain name for brandable domains is jumping up and down and I think I may be developing it into full fledged website in few months once I finish existing projects.

•••
•••
I sold a lot more on BB before the hype and the huge dump of names on there. You may have a better change on these smaller sites...

•••
I sold a lot more on BB before the hype and the huge dump of names on there. You may have a better change on these smaller sites...

Good point URL now that the inventory is so much greater there is a lot more competition and some will sell their names pretty cheap.

•••
I have listed on all 3 websites in the past - BrandBucket , BrandRoot and Namerific.

To be honest with you given my previous experiences with Namerific and BrandBucket compared to my more recent experience of BrandRoot.

BrandBucket have gone from very strict criteria ( which was a good thing in IMHO ) to accepting maybe 1 in 2 of my submissions.

Namerific have become very slow to process names.

I think Brandroot has the best setup and I can see good things from them in the future. The logos are good , the processing times are great , response times etc and my best sale to date has been through them very recently.

I had far more names with BB and Nam yet have sold more with BrandRoot . Consequenty in future I will be concentrating (and where possible switching) my listings to the BrandRoot platform...

•••
Thank you for the kind words @weebobby123. Glad to hear of your success on our platform. Hope it continues that way.

•••
I agree that Brandroot has provided the best service and highest rate of sales of all the platforms.

I am very fond of BrandBucket, but I think they have made a big mistake in accepting too many low quality domains. The glut of names makes it more difficult for buyers to find your names and reduces your chance of sale. They have to process more names and deal with more sellers (including unreliable ones) slowing down their service dramatically. More choice does not necessarily make customers happier - it often leads to the reverse and makes the system less useful.

Keep up the good work Michael!

•••
This thread shows that Brandroot is taking the brandable marketplace by storm. The tactics used by Brandroot are smart business IMO since the communication that spurred this thread was just between Brandroot and domainers they already had a relationship with.

I have sold names at BrandBucket, Namerific, and Brandroot. Brandroot has been a great venue for me with several recent sales. For me, Brandroot has been as good or better than BrandBucket in terms of results. Namerific started out well for me but has fallen off fast.

Brandroot is worth a try for anyone with high quality brandable names they would like to explore selling. Brandroot is probably harder to get a name accepted with now than BrandBucket, but that is a good thing as end users won't be bombarded with junk names that have little chance to sell like I see happening at BB.

Best of luck to everyone with their names!

•••
This thread shows that Brandroot is taking the brandable marketplace by storm. The tactics used by Brandroot are smart business IMO since the communication that spurred this thread was just between Brandroot and domainers they already had a relationship with.

I have sold names at BrandBucket, Namerific, and Brandroot. Brandroot has been a great venue for me with several recent sales. For me, Brandroot has been as good or better than BrandBucket in terms of results. Namerific started out well for me but has fallen off fast.

Brandroot is worth a try for anyone with high quality brandable names they would like to explore selling. Brandroot is probably harder to get a name accepted with now than BrandBucket, but that is a good thing as end users won't be bombarded with junk names that have little chance to sell like I see happening at BB.

Best of luck to everyone with their names!

I sold several names at both BB and Namerific too but been listing my recent aquired names with Brandroot as well. I still too am very fond of BB but been slightly disappointed by their (very) slow response time, often canned responses and lack of personal attention they give to their sellers lately. My personal experience with BR has been excellent so far and even though i have yet to sell my first name with them i did received a couple of offers trough their platform already.

•••
I would definitely agree with the others above that BR has a bright future if they keep going the way they are going while the other two have taken a step backwards in my opinion. Now to find some good names to submit!! Well done Brandroot!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back