Dynadot

SquadHelp, BrandBucket, and Brandpa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Was researching whois.domaintools.com and noticed the following:

BrandBucket
Name ServersNS1.BRANDBUCKET.COM (has 150,008 domains)
NS2.BRANDBUCKET.COM (has 150,008 domains)

SquadHelp
Name ServersNS1.SQUADHELP.COM (has 363,992 domains)
NS2.SQUADHELP.COM (has 363,992 domains)

Brandpa
Name ServersNS1.BRANDPA.COM (has 19,506 domains)
NS2.BRANDPA.COM (has 19,506 domains)

Looks to me like SquadHelp is oversaturated and accepts too many names. Brandpa obviously isn't all that popular. Perhaps BrandBucket is the sweet spot after all. I've been on BrandBucket for 10 years and had some success there selling just under 1 name a year (with very small portfolio). However, although small, when their sales come in they are priced much higher than I would've priced making up for the long timeline to move names.

Hard to see how SquadHelp is going to sell names for me with this many domains competing against mine. I was quite excited to see all my names being approved - but now I realize it's likely a mirage. Too many names and when I search for my exact keywords my names are buried on page 10.

I've listed at Brandpa as well - although it appears they just aren't overly popular. I've tried contacting the founder here on NP and via email and no response. She's either moved along or more likely it's probably just a side gig for her. Only one reported sale via Brandpa in 2 years here on NP.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks to me like SquadHelp is oversaturated and accepts too many names
Please be aware that Standard listings on Squadhelp may also utilize squadhelp.com nameservers, even if the associated domains have not been approved for the Premium marketplace.

•••
Please be aware that Standard listings on Squadhelp may also utilize squadhelp.com nameservers, even if the associated domains have not been approved for the Premium marketplace.

Yes, I am aware. Still goes to my point of over saturation (although I realize Standard listings are shown less frequently).

•••
BrandBucket is in middle age with extensions
no .net , no .ai & .me or .ly almost no one use it

•••
Good info @Sperry8 thanks.

SH has about 250,000 premium domains listed. Too many as that gives a buyer too many choices IMHO.

•••
Brandbucket severely undervalues domains though. You might sell some, but overall it's not worth the ROI.

•••
Brandbucket severely undervalues domains though. You might sell some, but overall it's not worth the ROI.

I don't find that to be true overall. I have some names they've severely overvalued - as well as 2 recently accepted names they've severely undervalued (one of which I'm asking for a re-appraisal for). In the past they've valued names much higher than I would've and in fact, some sold. My highest sale ever came from BrandBucket (although the net to me wasn't the highest once the 30% commission was taken into acct). Overall I think they're generally fair.

In fact you can see one of my names via my signature link below is listed at $10k. I don't believe it can sell at that valuation. But that's what they want it listed at so... I wait to see if one day they make it rain. They've done it before, so we shall see.

Last edited:
•••
SH and Brandpa have performed roughly the same for me, with similar size portfolios (~350 each) I've seen 6-8 sales a year. I only keep ~100 or so at Brandbucket and it's always been the slowest and worst performer for me at any price point.

This year, however, they've all performed equally poorly. It's dry AF so far...

•••
I submit my domains in brandbucket for review but 2 weeks and still not they approving or rejecting, anyone can tell me why this taking so long?

•••
Was researching whois.domaintools.com and noticed the following:

BrandBucket
Name ServersNS1.BRANDBUCKET.COM (has 150,008 domains)
NS2.BRANDBUCKET.COM (has 150,008 domains)

SquadHelp
Name ServersNS1.SQUADHELP.COM (has 363,992 domains)
NS2.SQUADHELP.COM (has 363,992 domains)

Brandpa
Name ServersNS1.BRANDPA.COM (has 19,506 domains)
NS2.BRANDPA.COM (has 19,506 domains)

Looks to me like SquadHelp is oversaturated and accepts too many names. Brandpa obviously isn't all that popular. Perhaps BrandBucket is the sweet spot after all. I've been on BrandBucket for 10 years and had some success there selling just under 1 name a year (with very small portfolio). However, although small, when their sales come in they are priced much higher than I would've priced making up for the long timeline to move names.

Hard to see how SquadHelp is going to sell names for me with this many domains competing against mine. I was quite excited to see all my names being approved - but now I realize it's likely a mirage. Too many names and when I search for my exact keywords my names are buried on page 10.

I've listed at Brandpa as well - although it appears they just aren't overly popular. I've tried contacting the founder here on NP and via email and no response. She's either moved along or more likely it's probably just a side gig for her. Only one reported sale via Brandpa in 2 years here on NP.
Jowita and the Brandpa team are very active and easy to communicate with. They did two sales for me this week.

•••
I submit my domains in brandbucket for review but 2 weeks and still not they approving or rejecting, anyone can tell me why this taking so long?
They are backlogged with submissions I’ve heard.

•••

About 5 weeks ago they were at 5 days, now they are up to ~17 days (which usually means a few days longer). As with SH, they are all backlogged and jammed with submissions. If you think 17 days is long to get a name approved, wait until you have to wait 6 weeks to get it out of editorial!

•••
It took over a month for them to approve my domain. If you contact customer service they will tell you it can be up to 40 days before they respond either way.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back