NameSilo

opinion BrandRoot.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

I've been trying some brandable marketplaces here and there. I wont post my opinion about them all here, just BR. I started by getting accepted after submitting an email with my top 10 brandables not listed anywhere, then responded immediately with a link to get started.
Then I submitted the EXACT 10 names, and all of them got rejected :D I didnt get them. BUT, getting rejected doesnt mean they are not good. What frustrated me, is that they keep a rating system in place (with likes and comments space for each domain). Whenever you see a domain with 10s or even 100+ likes and comments, just go ahead and check the WHOis of this domain. You will immediately know its BR owned and not listed by a 3rd party.
The likes system seems to also assist with ranking the listing position of a domain. So, basically, you end up with their own domains listed ahead of all sellers' sumbissions. How can I perceive this as a marketplace for ME/US? Our accepted submissions are there to do the MASS EFFECT and give them traffic to their website.

I can never claim I have a deep experience with BR, they still might be good, but after digging deep myself, I cant be a part of this. BB and Namerific definitely have their own domains, but try the above yourself with their featured listings or ones listed on top, that is NOT the case. FAIR and SQUARE.

I am just a part time domainer, with ZERO affiliation or special interest with any of the Marketplaces, just had an opinion and wanted to share it with you guys. Have a great day :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Man,... everybody is sending me to the same thread. It seems its not just a personal opinion :)

Last edited:
•••
After reading this:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/warning-against-a-namepros-member.836920/

I removed all of my listings on BrandRoot. This is completely unprofessional in a number of ways. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and the more exposure your domains get the better, but there comes a point to where it's not worth the potential hassle or headache. Especially when there's cause given by the owner of the site.

•••
Hello all,

I've been trying some brandable marketplaces here and there. I wont post my opinion about them all here, just BR. I started by getting accepted after submitting an email with my top 10 brandables not listed anywhere, then responded immediately with a link to get started.
Then I submitted the EXACT 10 names, and all of them got rejected :D I didnt get them. BUT, getting rejected doesnt mean they are not good. What frustrated me, is that they keep a rating system in place (with likes and comments space for each domain). Whenever you see a domain with 10s or even 100+ likes and comments, just go ahead and check the WHOis of this domain. You will immediately know its BR owned and not listed by a 3rd party.
The likes system seems to also assist with ranking the listing position of a domain. So, basically, you end up with their own domains listed ahead of all sellers' sumbissions. How can I perceive this as a marketplace for ME/US? Our accepted submissions are there to do the MASS EFFECT and give them traffic to their website.

I can never claim I have a deep experience with BR, they still might be good, but after digging deep myself, I cant be a part of this. BB and Namerific definitely have their own domains, but try the above yourself with their featured listings or ones listed on top, that is NOT the case. FAIR and SQUARE.

I am just a part time domainer, with ZERO affiliation or special interest with any of the Marketplaces, just had an opinion and wanted to share it with you guys. Have a great day :)

Hi @bazabizo,

I was the one you spoke to via email. While your names did qualify you to create an account, I am not the only one running Brandroot, in fact I make up the minority currently. Domains are accepted and rejected through a voting system of Brandroot partners. The best of 2 out of 3 votes is how the domains are determined suitable or not suitable for Brandroot. I'm sorry that your domains did not make the cut. We are generally much more strict about domain submissions. BrandBucket and Namerific are two other very viable options for you.

Also, regarding the most liked domains - Homizo, Zeveto, Zeusar, Zaiva, Pleasuri and many more of the most liked domains found here on the "Popular Names" link do not belong to us. The reason you will find a few that do belong to us is because Brandroot only just recently opened the marketplace to other sellers, so domains belonging to us have had a year+ more of exposure. We certainly in no way vote up our own names, as only one vote per IP address is allowed. Additionally, the liking and comments functionality will be gone in Brandroot's new upcoming design.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back