Domain Empire

news Breaking: Microsoft To Purchase LinkedIn For $26.2 Billion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Microsoft is purchasing professional social-networking site LinkedIn for $26.2 billion, company officials announced today. Microsoft will pay $196 per share for the company acquisition.

LinkedIn, a Mountain View California-based company founded in 2002 has approximately 433 millions users as per the first quarter of 2016. The company provides a professional networking platform for finding professionals ans work connections, sharing resumes and finding new job posts.

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner will remain the CEO of social-networking site, and will report directly to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. The move fits in with Microsoft’s growing push to focus more on business customers.

Read the full story!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The way domain investors read this news:

"I need to buy few verb+ed suffix + in domains and wait till I get 6 to 10 figure offer for it".

•••
It seems ultimately only three companies will be ruling the world: GOOGLE, FACEBOOK and MICROSOFT.

•••
What about BlackBerry/RIM?

•••
haha just kidding, but how about Apple? Yahoo?

•••
•••
haha just kidding, but how about Apple? Yahoo?
Any of the three big sharks (Google, Facebook and Microsoft) will buy Apple also one day.

•••
Market caps:

Apple $535 Bn
Google $494 Bn
Microsoft $394 Bn
Facebook $327 Bn
Berkshire Hathaway $349 Bn
Exxon $376 Bn

•••
M/i/c/r/o/l/i/n/k/e/d/i/n.com & m/i/c/r/o/l/i/n/k/e/d.in
Crazy is domaining..........

•••
"Apple $535 Bn"
We can expect a spectacular drop in share prices of Apple, within two years.

•••
Apple is the best grest shark and I don't think anyone will by Apple.Apple doesn't even need to buy any company,they're doing the best but imo they should buy yahoo.

•••
•••
Lets hope they dont break LinkedIn now :D

•••
Wow, its funny that Bing, my personal least liked search engine, has purchased my personal least liked social network... That's a double negative.

•••
Good deal for Microsoft.

•••
Once you go into corporate mentality, you act like a corporation. You buy so you seem bigger and bigger... while accumulating crap

•••
One ring to rule them all

•••
I own MSFT stocks. I was so pissed yesterday when I read that. What a waste of money, terrible for investors. We'll never see our money back or at least before a very very long time.

•••
microsoft_linkedin_reuters_904.jpg

•••
Remember, YOU are the product...

•••
I own MSFT stocks. I was so pissed yesterday when I read that. What a waste of money, terrible for investors. We'll never see our money back or at least before a very very long time.

It might be a good fit for them. Direct access to most of their end users and most important clients...

•••
It might be a good fit for them. Direct access to most of their end users and most important clients...

LinkedIn has a lot of user, but it is still not a popular platform. The traffic is no where near the other "fun" social media platform. So its much harder to monetize when your members don't visit the site 10 times a day.

It could be good for them someday, but it is very bad for investors right now. The stock value drops every day since that news and its not about to stop.

•••
Just came across this on faceboook :

"All those Microsoft Employees who have applied for jobs on linkedin, you're screwed".

•••
LinkedIn has a lot of user, but it is still not a popular platform. The traffic is no where near the other "fun" social media platform. So its much harder to monetize when your members don't visit the site 10 times a day.

It could be good for them someday, but it is very bad for investors right now. The stock value drops every day since that news and its not about to stop.

MS is not looking to monetize Facebook way. Linkedin traffic is completely different level of quality and is much more valuable. You also have true profiles of people and more detailed professional info that 90% of FB users would never provide about themselves. They will probably integrate part of Linkedin's functionality into MS sotware offerings, just like they did with Skype and will find new ways to monetize directly/indirectly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back