Business GEO Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Geo² Domains [Official Thread]

"Geo² Domains"
"GEO + Service or Business Category"

Have you heard of "Geo² Domains"

Revised Definition: "Geo² domains are Geographic + business category or service.". (e.g. FloridaVactions)

To successfully identify these type of domains, your domain must meet the 4 following qualifiers:

1. Identifying local, state, national or international words, or words that apply to one or more locations or markets: (e.g. NewYorkTaxi, HawaiiHotels, etc,)

2. Identify major industry words that relate to services and that have good commercial value. (schools, banks, doctors,)

3. The domain should fit the appropriate TLD (.COM, .US, .INFO)

Here's example of some recent sales of Business Geo² Domains:

1. MyrtleBeachCondos.com - $120,170
2. LasVegasRestaurants.com - $15,500
3. NevadaProperties.com - $4,700
4. BreckenridgeHotels.com - $5,205

Do you have a Business GEO domain that you would like to share with us?
*Remember, Geo² Domains are simply "Geographic area + service"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PublicAuctions & institutions were sold cheap. Wish I knew about them because I would own those names right now.

•••
lexisdomains said:
"Business GEO Domains?"

Have you heard of "Business GEO Domains?"

Business GEO domains are domains commercial value domains that relate to a specific Genre and Demographic. (e.g. Baja.com)

To successfully identify these type of domains, your domain must meet the 4 following qualifiers:

1. Identifying international words, or words that have more than one location or market: (e.g. Baja, Springs, etc,)

2. Identify national level industry words that relate to services and that have good commercial value. (schools, banks, doctors,)

3. Correlate the domain name to a commercial market. (e.g. Baja & Springs relates to several vacation destinations, )

4. The domain should fit the appropriate TLD (.COM, .US, .INFO)

Here's example of some recent sales of Business GEO domains:

1. Hospitals.us - $8,000 (more than one location & service area)
2. Baja.com - $95,500 (more than one location)
3. Brokers.us - $1,059 (more than one location & service area)
4. Institutions.com $2,499 (more than one location)
5. Taxi.us - $35,000 (more than one location & service area)
6. PublicAuctions.com - $17,000 (more than one location & service area)
7. CountryWestern.com - $20,000 (more than one location)
8. MadisonAve.com - $17,000 (more than one location)

Do you have a Business GEO domain that you would like to share with us?
*Remember, it must relate to multiple locations or a state or national service.

Is this your idea of 'Business GEO Domains', or did you actually read this somewhere?? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me. GEO means geographic! So a domain like PublicAuctions.com may relate to 'business', it sure isn't telling you anything about it's location. So how is it a GEO domain?? DallasPublicAuctions.com is a GEO domain. According to your 'analogy' here, I guess we can say that Malarkey.com is a 'keyword domain', because 'key' is in the domain, and it's a 'word'. And how does Brokers.us become a 'Business GEO Domain', just because it had the dot .us extension? And you may find this odd, but I'm sure Madison Avenue can be found in Madison Wisconsin, amoung a few other hundred places other than in NY, so I don't see how MadisonAve.com means 'business', let alone identifying what GEO location it represents.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with your definition of, qualifications to be, or examples of, 'Business GEO Domains'.

Last edited:
•••
Business GEO Domains Concept

No, this is a concept that only a few savvy domain developers are pursuing today. (Rick Latona) And it's O.K. to disagree here!

The concept behind Business GEO domains is that they offer a great monetization platform upon which to build a business website.

What's the concept behind Business GEOs?

The term GEO does refer to a geographic area. However, what makes these domains unique is there relationship to a specific 'Business Genre' which may include more than one geographic location.

For example, the term Baja is connected to the vacation/travel industry and also relates to five municipalities of california:

* Ensenada
* Mexicali
* Tecate
* Tijuana
* Playas de Rosarito

In large, these are highly sought after vacation spots that many travelers visit.
In view of this, the domain Baja.com was developed under this pretense and yielded a exponential sale of $95,500.

So the point is to identify domain names that relate to a specific market segment, yet a broad enough location base that can be monetized/marketed in several different ways.

This same rule applies to the other examples.
The domain name, PublicAuctions.com could be developed into an information portal where advertisers signup for monthly advertisement space ($X,XXX) whereby increasing your ROI.

Who could become your clients?
You guessed it..... Any state or city public auction that needs additional online marketing opportunities.

I hope that I've made this a little more clear.
And again, thanks for your input!!

Last edited:
•••
lexisdomains said:
No, this is a concept that only a few savvy domain developers are pursuing today.
....oooohhh..

lexisdomains said:
And it's O.K. to disagree here!
Thanks. And I still do.

lexisdomains said:
The concept behind Business GEO domains is that they offer a great monetization platform upon which to build a business website.

What's the concept behind Business GEOs?
It seems 'your concept' is any Generic or GEO domain can be called a 'Business GEO Domain' if it's built out to relate to businesses in various parts of a country, city, hemisphere, etc. So that would mean these are now - 'Business GEO Domains' -

UnitedStatesofAmerica.com - can include various states, cities, businesses, vacation spots, resorts, employment, etc. etc.

ShoeStores.com - All states and cities have them, so one can get the local area stores to advertise for their 'geo' area.

BicycleRepairs.com - Can be built out to cover all the bicycle repair shops in the various 'geo' areas of the country

Tires.com - Sold in all cities, states, countries. Local and regional dealers can sign up and advertise.

And basically any Generic or GEO domain which can relate to various industries, businesses that are done in more than one locale!!!

lexisdomains said:
The term GEO does refer to a geographic area. However, what makes these domains unique is there relationship to a specific 'Business Genre' which may include more than one geographic location.

For example, the term Baja is connected to the vacation/travel industry and also relates to five municipalities of california:

* Ensenada
* Mexicali
* Tecate
* Tijuana
* Playas de Rosarito

In large, these are highly sought after vacation spots that many travelers visit.
In view of this, the domain Baja.com was developed under this pretense and yielded a exponential sale of $95,500.
So the point is to identify domain names that relate to a specific market segment, yet a broad enough location base that can be monetized/marketed in several different ways.

This same rule applies to the other examples.
The domain name, PublicAuctions.com could be developed into an information portal where advertisers signup for monthly advertisement space ($X,XXX) whereby increasing your ROI.

Who could become your clients?
You guessed it..... Any state or city public auction that needs additional online marketing opportunities.

I hope that I've made this a little more clear.
And again, thanks for your input!!
Because he built Baja.com out to relate to various vacation spots there, was his option, and someone else could have done it another way. (Baja Racing for example.) It's still a very good GEO domain, and still woulda sold for a nice return.

You're still basically just saying that any generic industry related keyword domain is now a - 'Business Geo Domain', if it includes regional businesses in that area, or can include more than one area that has that business model!!

Of course any generic domain can be built into a 'business'. How one builds out a generic domain name though, doesn't mean it was/is a 'GEO' domain!!

•••
Not A Campaign for support!!

Not a Campaign for support

O.K. Hawkeye, I understand your argument. BUT...... you're still missing the point. Every generic domain would not work in this genre.

Taxi.com or Taxi.us would work better than ShoeStore.com or Tires.com as these relate to products and not to a demanding GEO service or location.

And for the most part, BicyclesRepairs.com is not a high priority service commodity.... at least that's what online advertisers data indicate.

The above mentioned examples speak for themselves - They are worth thousands and represent a major financial opportunity for its buyers, especially in certain geographic areas more than others.

Last edited:
•••
Business GEO - NewYorkTaxi.info

Here's one of mine: NewYorkTaxi.info (Geo +Service)

Last edited:
•••
lexisdomains said:

How does this fit into your original description? :o

lexisdomains said:
Business GEO domains are industry keywords that fit a general market geograhic and can be developed around multiple locations, services, service providers. (e.g. Baja.com)

•••
Sorry, but I don't think you're using the right terminology. Some on that list were Geo domains (Baja and MadisonAve), but the rest were just generics. To have a business + geo, it should be something like NewYorkHotels.com or CaliforniaChiropractors.com.

•••
Michael said:
To have a business + geo, it should be something like NewYorkHotels.com or CaliforniaChiropractors.com.
Ditto. A geographical location paired with a business category/service.

•••
lexisdomains said:
lzy said:
How does this fit into your original description? :o
I get it. Taxi.info would be a regular Geo Business domain. NewYorkTaxi.info is a two bagger, a Geo² Business domain.

•••
Geo² Domains

Geo² Domains

Thanks Michael. & ecalc

Michael states: "To have a business + geo, it should be something like NewYorkHotels.com or CaliforniaChiropractors.com."

Carlton states: "Ditto. A geographical location paired with a business category/service."

Ecalc states: "I get it. NewYorkTaxi.info is a two bagger, a Geo² Business domain."

Thank you everyone for your analysis and responses.

Revised Definition: "Geo² domains are Geographic + business category or service."

This is a domain investment method that I am actively pursuing at the present.

Here are better comparable sales to examine:

1. CaliforniaDoctors.com - $9,420
2. IllinoisLawyers.com - $15,101
3. FloridaCondos.com - $10,000
4. MalaysiaVacation.com - $10,000
5. EuropeanVacations.com - $85,000
6. TexasBreastSurgery.com - $2,600

Last edited:
•••
lexisdomains said:
Geo² Domains

Thanks Michael. & ecalc

Michael states: "To have a business + geo, it should be something like NewYorkHotels.com or CaliforniaChiropractors.com."

Ecalc states: "I get it. NewYorkTaxi.info is a two bagger, a Geo² Business domain."

Thank you everyone for your analysis and responses.

This is a domain investment method that I am actively pursuing at the present.

Here are better comparable sales to examine:

1. CaliforniaDoctors.com - $9,420
2. IllinoisLawyers.com - $15,101
3. FloridaCondos.com - $10,000
4. MalaysiaVacation.com - $10,000
5. EuropeanVacations.com - $85,000
6. TexasBreastSurgery.com - $2,600

So as you've changed the title and subject of this thread to now be about - 'Geo² Business Domains' instead of 'Business GEO Domains', and you are now noting not just outright generic names as geos (as in your OP), but now names with GEO locations (including your NewYorkTaxi.info), is it basically fair to say that the jest of your thread and titles, is to try to 'coin a phrase' for what every one else has been calling simply - GEO Domains? Just curious, because if there's a difference, I'm still interested in what you're trying to point out here.

•••
I think I paid $600 to acquire FloridaLandscapers.com and $100 to acquire TorontoLandscapers.com, DetroitLandscapers.com, IndianapolisLandscapers.com, and MilwaukeeLandscapers.com

•••
localexperts said:
I think I paid $600 to acquire FloridaLandscapers.com and $100 to acquire TorontoLandscapers.com, DetroitLandscapers.com, IndianapolisLandscapers.com, and MilwaukeeLandscapers.com

Localexperts, thanks for sharing your "Geo² domains.

•••
LagosCondos.com(Lagos is the largest city in west africa?)
RaleighRealty.us
CapeCoralRealty.us
BombayCondos.com
DublinMarket.com
DublinFinancial.com
PretoriaJobs.com
AfricaJobs.org
TripoliResorts.com

I hope these fit the category for this thread :)

•••
Mine is: FrankfortOnline dot com :gl:

•••
•••
lexisdomains, I agree with you that this is a great idea. However, is it really one whose time has yet come? I've owned a few of these Geo-??? domains in the past and never had success either in getting type-in traffic or in flipping them. I guess it is obvious that some cities would be worth much more than others, but are there any other tips you could share?

•••
Development & SEO

The Stealthy One said:
lexisdomains, I agree with you that this is a great idea. However, is it really one whose time has yet come? I've owned a few of these Geo-??? domains in the past and never had success either in getting type-in traffic or in flipping them. I guess it is obvious that some cities would be worth much more than others, but are there any other tips you could share?

Thanks Stealthy One.

Here are some ways to successfully market your Geo² domains or any domain for that matter.

1. Develop your Geo² domain around a "Full" or "Minisite". (ex. Careerlogue.com )

Doing this will give the end buyer and idea of the brandability and or commercialty of your domain name.

2. Achieve "Search Engine Rankings" for your developed domain name.
If you don't have money to spend on full service SEO, try targeting less competitve terms and optimize for these so as to achieve more search engine visibility.

3. Once you have solid revenue, traffic and SEO statistics, formulate you a list of potential buyers.

To find buyers, simply type in the "root keyword phrase of your domain (ex. Domain = Careerlogue / root keyword = Career) and get contact information for the top paying sponsored links. Most of these guys are spending thousand per week on pay per click. If you are looking a local buyer type in keyword + GEO (ex. Dallas Jobs, Dallas Career Jobs, etc)

4. Close the deal.
It may be wise in these instances to use a domain broker to both present and close the deal for you as they can usually achieve top dollar( Mark Mearin, Rick Latona)

I am currently doing this with several of my domain names.

I hope this helps,
LexisDomains.com

•••
I like this category and believe there is some good value to be had out there. I have been focusing on cities (have some countries but not that I like as much) Just waiting for the right opportunity and marketplace to maximize the value. Vegas is a great example of this.

Many make decent $ simply parked(by decent I mean enough to pay for renewals plus a few $) until I really buckle down and get to developing directories, sites, or aggesively pursuing endusers. I really think this is an end user play...if they are smart.

My challenge has been to look at the more casual rather than formal names of the cities (due to availablity and length) Some of mine include...

BombayAirfare.com
MumbaiAirfares.com

DCBath.com
DCBaths.com
DCCarpet.com
DCHardware.com
DCRoofers.com

NYDelights.com
NYHeartDoctors.com
NYHotelDiscount.com
NYRepair.com
NYTaste.com

PhillyDoor.com
PhillyHardware.com
PhillyPrinters.com
PhillySupply.com

Would love to hear your thoughts, ideas suggestions etc... Good luck all!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back