IT.COM

question Can you push domain from GoDaddy to Afternic - Transfer Lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Hi

First time this has happened to me........

Sold a domain overnight on Afternic (funds have been verified) which is under transfer lock until 30th July - the domain is at Godaddy so will Afternic accept a push to their account? Or will I have to wait.....

I'm waiting to hear back from them, but sometimes (most of the time) they are slow in responding

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo , dan , alter , squadhelp, daaz, etc support for push the domain in their system. Afternic seems force all seller to provide Auth Code or wait for long time

If afternic only support for Auth Code exclusively , its better for afternic to prevent all new domain ( less in 60 days lock ) to be listed in their marketplace.

They can reject all buyer payment or we need trusted explanation from @Joe Styler for better information

•••
I'm dealing with this right now. Sold a domain to another Godaddy customer so option to push the domain is available but Afternic continues to ask for an auth code which I cannot provide since it's not a transfer from one registrar to another. Dealing with Afternic support has been a nightmare it seems like nobody understands the issue or can find a solution.

•••
I'm dealing with this right now. Sold a domain to another Godaddy customer so option to push the domain is available but Afternic continues to ask for an auth code which I cannot provide since it's not a transfer from one registrar to another. Dealing with Afternic support has been a nightmare it seems like nobody understands the issue or can find a solution.
My experience with these Afternic sales is that even during 60-day registry lock, I unlock the name and provide the auth code for names registered at GoDaddy to Afternic. The transfer happens. Payment is made.

•••
My experience with these Afternic sales is that even during 60-day registry lock, I unlock the name and provide the auth code for names registered at GoDaddy to Afternic. The transfer happens. Payment is made.
Right but you don't get an auth code for change of account as in my domain is with Godaddy and the account I'm pushing it to is also with Godaddy. You do not get an Auth Code for that. That's been confirmed by multiple Godaddy reps today.

•••
Right but you don't get an auth code for change of account as in my domain is with Godaddy and the account I'm pushing it to is also with Godaddy. You do not get an Auth Code for that. That's been confirmed by multiple Godaddy reps today.
Domain Portfolio. Search for the name. Select name. Click on more. Export as CSV. Include auth code. Provide that auth code to Afternic as requested.

I promise that I've done this many times.

Last edited:
•••
How can you be so sure that the buyer also wants a push? It is not always the most ideal solution, no matter how easy and tempting it may be.

•••
I bought a name via closeout and sold it through afternic 2 days after I received it. I tried to get a auth code but I couldn't, so instead afternic asked me to push the name to their escrow account at GD and i got the money the day after

•••
Domain Portfolio. Search for the name. Select name. Click on more. Export as CSV. Include auth code. Provide that auth code to Afternic as requested.

I promise that I've done this many times.
Thank you it was there. You know GoDaddy better than GoDaddy knows their own system.

•••
How can you be so sure that the buyer also wants a push? It is not always the most ideal solution, no matter how easy and tempting it may be.
60 Day lock. Is there another way to do it besides push?

•••
60 Day lock. Is there another way to do it besides push?
Some buyers only want transfer with auth code (no push), and are prepared to wait until the 60d period is over.

•••
Some buyers only want transfer with auth code (no push), and are prepared to wait until the 60d period is over.
Ok well they agreed to a push ahead of time so not an issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back