Dynadot

discuss China and domain escrow services : Just use Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Following the DN.com problems, Acro suggests to use Escrow.com.
Here's his take on the issue:

DN.com
has released a series of increasingly cryptic announcements regarding its service and web site availability.

It all started when a message via Twitter and Facebook indicated that DN.com will be closing down for “1-3 days” to perform some business entity changes.

The announcement was followed up by stating that more days will be required; however, DN.com has returned back to normal activity, perhaps under pressure for answers by the domain community.

Escrow services in China’s hyper-active domain market generate a lot of activity, and revenue. The question is, what type of financial security is backing those transactions, should the unthinkable happen.

There is an array of reasons that Chinese domain investors would benefit from using Escrow.com instead, and can be summed up into the following two points:

• Escrow.com is licensed, bonded, regulated and audited
  • Escrow.com can now be accessed in the Chinese language

Source

What's your take on the issue?
How has your experience been with DN.com recently?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Arpit,
Thanks for reposting Acroplex's article - At Escrow.com we are are happy to offer the highest possible standard of licensed, audited and insured escrow, so you know that your funds and domains are completely safe at all times. I'm happy to say that we have helped a huge number of our customers to branch out and trade with Chinese buyers and sellers and I hope those who haven't taken advantage of our team's services will do so now.

Jackson Elsegood
General Manager, Escrow.com

•••
I have not used dn, but they seem to have much lower fees than escrow.

Escrow.com also does shady business by quoting a price with its calculator that is true only for wire transfer. Once you start the transaction, you are up for surprise.

•••
I have not used dn, but they seem to have much lower fees than escrow.

Escrow.com also does shady business by quoting a price with its calculator that is true only for wire transfer. Once you start the transaction, you are up for surprise.
Its not only about the price(fees), its also about the value you get. If DN was that "great" why are they down now? IMO Escrow.com is very reliable and we get what we pay for there. Nobody is perfect, but escrow is a great service for us domainers..so far.

•••
Somehow, don't see fees for simple transaction reaching around 6% as a great service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back