IT.COM

question Contract Based Domain Sale without Escrow!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hello,

A government client in middle east where I am based would like to buy a domain name from me by signing a contract without any Escrow, that I transfer the domain name to them, then the wire the amount few days later, they want to avoid Escrow.com because they do not trust it and they are blaming regulations!!

No matter what I do, they do not want to go with Escrow.com!!!!

Does it ever happed in the world of domains that domians are sold this way? What your advice?

Thanks
Amro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Import the sale to/through Dan.

Also, "regulations" often rhymes with "rip off" when it comes to domains. Never transfer the name before getting payment.

Last edited:
•••
Absolutely do not accept!

It's a huge bullshit that someone who is biased towards the government doesn't trust escrow.com regarding regulations!

If they really want it, you can offer to transfer it on DAN. You pay 5% commission with import lead.

Definitely use an escrow service.

•••
It's a SCAM.

They do not trust escrow, a company whose main product is trust, but they want you to trust them with your domain name.

By the way, I'm sure they offered you more than what you know the domain name is worth.

It's a scam.

•••
from my experience, if they don't want any safe escrow service, it's better to avoid doing business with them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back