IT.COM

question Sold a domain on GoDaddy via Escrow. How to transfer the domain?

NameSilo
Watch

LOLed

Established Member
Impact
I just sold a domain on GoDaddy and since the sale amount was more than 5000 USD, it is being handled by Escrow.com They have received the funds and now I have to transfer the domain.

I selected "Push" option when they asked how I would transfer the domain since it was already in my GoDaddy account. So, does the domain get pushed automatically now, or do I have to contact the buyer now?

This is what my Escrow dashboard says -
You have selected a domain transfer method

Send the domain transfer instructions to the email address below. Once the buyer confirms they have the domain name, the inspection period of 1 calendar day will start.

No action is required from you for now.

It says send an email, then says no action is required from me now? I am a bit confused and would appreciate any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am a bit confused and would appreciate any help.

That is confusing as hell. You do have to take action. But don't you need the buyer's Godaddy ID to initiate the push?

•••
That is confusing as hell. You do have to take action. But don't you need the buyer's Godaddy ID to initiate the push?
I had to email the buyer. They sent the details and I pushed the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back