NameSilo

Chinese buyers want me to add them on qq

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been getting a few emails lately, where after translation, I see that a Chinese buyer has asked me to add them on qq followed by a long number. I assume it's a chat app and that's their address on there, but obviously I can't speak chinese so I'm not sure that adding them would even be useful in any way.

How are you guys negotiating these situations?

(I also made a 4.cn experience thread in the reviews section if anyone wants to contribute to that, as it might be useful to help sell these names).

Thanks!

Bobby

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
QQ is the most used Chinese chat app. And the long number is their "address" through which you add them. When I was importing goods from China all communication was done via QQ.

As for not knowing the language, you will have to let the numbers speak for themselves.. You don't need to know any Chinese for that :) That and google translate maybe. But hey, if they want to buy it, then they will have to make the effort of translating it into a language that you understand ;)

•••
•••
Yeah I use google translate when I get emails from them...its pretty simple to see what they are saying..even if the translation is slightly off

Just make sure you specify USD $

•••
•••
I've been getting a few emails lately, where after translation, I see that a Chinese buyer has asked me to add them on qq followed by a long number. I assume it's a chat app and that's their address on there, but obviously I can't speak chinese so I'm not sure that adding them would even be useful in any way.

How are you guys negotiating these situations?

(I also made a 4.cn experience thread in the reviews section if anyone wants to contribute to that, as it might be useful to help sell these names).

Thanks!

Bobby
That's a good thing, accept it right away. what's the harm, invite me if you can :P
Make sure you specify your prices in Yuan . just multiply $ by 6.2 and quote them so that there's no confusion. Even if there is confusion and they agree, you'll be at profit coz you'll get paid 6 times your dream amount.

•••
I heard the Chinese people widely use an chat app called wechat, similar to QQ, but performs better as wechat has translation function.

•••
I wonder how many people do actually forget to do that.

If so, the client will never come back again once he/she realize it.;)

•••
I import a bit of chinese goods and am always searching around for more, never once had someone mention QQ. Though it does ring a bell.

•••
I wonder how many people do actually forget to do that.

Excellent point. I forgot that in a deal earlier this week on a Canadian deal. Ended up costing me a few hundred bucks. I was clearly in the wrong and the deal had been a real headache so I just ignored the loss of a little profit just to get it done. But it taught me a lesson I won't forget again :)

•••
Latest QQ app i downloaded today has the translate feature (automatically)

It's very hard to find domainer / investor using this QQ app.

•••
Guys
i living in China for almost 5 years now
QQ is the best program for chatting with Chinese people
Wechat its an app on the mobile phones made by QQ so they both same company
and this very good and easy software even i use it often more than whatsapp
anyone need help here in China i am here and welcome to know more Chinese friends as well
Good luck for all

•••
@galpgaree2, can I give my Wechat ID, to make contact via QQ?

It seems like it's possible the other way round.

•••
You should install the 'QQ International' - Client. Often the Chinese investor emails you the 'phrase' you need to enter when adding them to the contacts. If you do not use the 'phrase' you can't add them.

•••
I've been getting a few emails lately, where after translation, I see that a Chinese buyer has asked me to add them on qq followed by a long number.
Did you contact with him? I have recieved the same email about my chinese LLLL.net

•••
Chinese seem to use wechat more frequent than QQ. They are almost have the same function, but wechat is more easy. I am added to a domain investors group in wechat. There are also some foreigners in it. Both Chinese and English are used. If you can't understand, the app has translation. It also allows sending voice message. Hope my words will be useful :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back