domain Chinese (dot) domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
What do you think about:

Chinese.domains

It just dropped, so I bought it for 38 dollars.

I know that many of you are as fond of new gTLDs as of plague or anthrax, so I am not expecting THAT positive reactions. Nevertheless, I managed to sell A.domains for $2700 in February.

I am happy with any reactions, even some super negative one. But try to be constructive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice one. I think it would make for a great development project, providing news/trends/sales about Chinese domains.

Last edited:
•••
I think it's not a bad buy at all.... $38 well spent. :)

•••
I think it's not a bad buy at all.... $38 well spent. :)

Thanks a lot!

Actually it was $38.94. Sorry for the disinformation. ;)

•••
•••
•••
in where did you catch/ buy it?

•••
OK to good for the money. It is a great domain to capture the Chinese domain trend, but don't expect anyone to overpay for it.

•••
in where did you catch/ buy it?

I bought it at Dynadot, but did not use a drop catch service. I noticed the drop myself.

•••
OK to good for the money. It is a great domain to capture the Chinese domain trend, but don't expect anyone to overpay for it.

No, Chinadomains /dot/ com is available via Sedo.

I've started very optimistic (someone might call it dumb) with $2900. If no sale within two years, I'll probably lower it. I might be over-optimistic, but I've had some good "domain-domain" sales the last year. Domainers and domain companies are obviously always in the search for names, also for their own purposes and use.

•••
No, Chinadomains /dot/ com is available via Sedo.

I've started very optimistic (someone might call it dumb) with $2900. If no sale within two years, I'll probably lower it. I might be over-optimistic, but I've had some good "domain-domain" sales the last year. Domainers and domain companies are obviously always in the search for names, also for their own purposes and use.

do u also own chinadomains.com?

•••
No, unfortunately not. I just saw that that one is for sale too. It would have been a nice combo to own both of them.

•••
Excellent purchase. Let's see what estibot has to say latedah.....$ 95 USD WOW.

This could be a great development project, a goto site for all information about Chinese Phrases, Trends, Chips etc....

•••
Excellent purchase. Let's see what estibot has to say latedah.....$ 95 USD WOW.

Estibot is also telling me that another domain I have; Biz.community is worth $6,800 and most of my LLLL.org chips are $XXXX / each. I'm using Estibot as a tool for checking CPC, search volume etc, but for valuation, nah, only sometimes. :P

This could be a great development project, a goto site for all information about Chinese Phrases, Trends, Chips etc...

Good Idea! Thanks. Currently, I'm not developing sites (been doing so since 1997 and am dead bored of it), but maybe a future owner, or even me in the future, who knows?!

Thanks for your views and ideas!

•••
Estibot is also telling me that another domain I have; Biz.community is worth $6,800 and most of my LLLL.org chips are $XXXX / each. I'm using Estibot as a tool for checking CPC, search volume etc, but for valuation.... yeah, I don't know.

Good Idea! Thanks. Currently I'm not developing sites (been doing so since 1997 and am dead bored of it), but maybe a future owner, or even me in the future, who knows?!

Thanks for your views!

I can image, 20 years of development, I need to brush up on my skills and get at least one main site up like yours fancy.domains. Can't decide on a domain to develop though, though I recently acquired freshdomain.cc and domaindrop.co.

I've also been thinking about going with a palindrome....sniamo.domains or sniamod.domains.

•••
I've started very optimistic (someone might call it dumb) with $2900.

This is an extremely niche market. I think you are being extremely optimistic. The problem with this type of domain is that although it's the kind of thing domainers might register and think they are on to a winner, the reality is that it is an extremely small market (i.e. number of people trading Chinese domains) and an even smaller market for selling your domain (i.e. domainers trading in Chinese domains, AND prepared to spend a decent amount on a domain for their portfolio site). Most of the time domainers themselves won't but a decent domain for their portfolio site from someone else, because they think they can do better with a free to reg they think of themselves. I think you will be lucky to sell this domain. That said, good luck with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back