2016-07-27 20189 3,952,761
2016-07-26 4927 743,947
2016-07-25 9220 611,346
2016-07-24 4938 460,455
2016-07-23 4700 481,886
2016-07-22 9038 1,082,175

It was a great day for Chinese market.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Peak levels" here and there. Who cares?

The idiots who bought at high levels. They care :)
For others its just fun to watch

•••
The idiots who bought at high levels. They care :)
For others its just fun to watch
Yeah, speculations on N's an L's.

I wish I had the foresight to buy into 4N's and so on at an early stage.

I bought my first domain name during 2001. And I thought then, that I had missed the goldrush.

•••
Suddenly all is good in the universe, everyone has a hard on for 4L's without vowels again.

I guess they need to pump it so their elephants uncle can exit at break even.

•••
Suddenly all is good in the universe, everyone has a hard on for 4L's without vowels again.

I guess they need to pump it so their elephants uncle can exit at break even.

no no, there is big end user demand for 4 letter chips. 5 days ago there was none, but today there is.

•••
no no, there is big end user demand for 4 letter chips. 5 days ago there was none, but today there is.

Yes, I know the spam has started rolling in again, it is artificial demand, we all had an idea they would try a run up after prices corrected like 60 percent.

Only thing is will the suckers chase, and try to trade it like we had in the dec 2015 run.

Chinese tend to just follow their uncle or elephant or whatever they want to call them.

Fundamental are no different, just round 2 of pump, and dump for the guys who bought in at 800. There are a lot of $2000 plus bag holders wanting to exit at break even.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
http://www.domaincrunch.com/can-4l-com-chips-continue-this-recent-up-move/
"The 4L.com Chip market has made a nice move over the last 10 days. When looking at Chaomi.cc the chart I have included below, shows a move from 7,400 Yuan ($1,113) back on 7/22 to as high as 9,400 Yuan ($1,413) on 8/1."

However, the prices today have come right down on various categories such as 4l.net chips from around 1k RMB to 900 now and falling hard the whole time. 4l.com chips also have come off from the peak as have 6n.coms etc.

It's not clear if the move up was temporary or the start of something decent in terms of a sustained move up after 6 months of crashing hard.

Time will tell.

•••
•••
•••
That is true but quite a crash going on right now across a number of categories.
No one knows what comes next which is what makes this highly risky.

Nobody doubts about the risk. We are talking about catching the bottom or beginning of a possible new uptrend. So far I see only red - which is positive - at http://www.chaomi.cc/ (one and two digit percentage gains) with only one green number. Also market volume yesterday was at a record with 6879000 RMB and today it's already above 2 mio RMB.

Last edited:
•••
Nobody doubts about the risk. We are talking about catching the buttom or beginning of a possible new uptrend. So far I see only red - which is positive - at http://www.chaomi.cc/ (one and two digit percentage gains) with only one green number. Also market volume yesterday was at a record with 6879000 RMB and today it's already above 2 mio RMB.

I'm hoping it is as have enough domains myself to capitalise on any big upswing if it happens for a sustained period. However, is this the start of a big move up for a long period, who knows, we'll see if yesterday can be built on ...

•••
I'm hoping it is as have enough domains myself to capitalise on any big upswing if it happens for a sustained period. However, is this the start of a big move up for a long period, who knows, we'll see if yesterday can be built on ...

Yes, today and the following days will be very interesting!

•••
@joro001 where are you seeing that prices have came down today? Everywhere ive looked this morning they are the same as yesterday or higher

•••
@joro001 where are you seeing that prices have came down today? Everywhere ive looked this morning they are the same as yesterday or higher

4l.net chips went from around 1k RMB to around 900 recently, 6n.coms have come down from around 620 yesterday to around 530 today etc. Chaomi is still showing red but at this rate tomorrow when it all updates will show green again. Check charts out today individually and you'll see.

Nothing major or dramatic but a slight correction and slowdown today as of now. Will see where things are tomorrow.

Last edited:
•••
Ill check chaomi later today but right now it seems like 4l.nets and 6n.coms are not going to go any lower at places like dropcatch and snapnames/namejet. Godaddy seems to be a bit behind but i would imagine prices there will catch up to everyone else

•••
4L will sell for $200,000 by next week!

End users are looking for random letters and are paying top dollars.

Bouyout here, there , everywhere!

Buy buy buy before I say good bye!

Last edited:
•••
Ill check chaomi later today but right now it seems like 4l.nets and 6n.coms are not going to go any lower at places like dropcatch and snapnames/namejet. Godaddy seems to be a bit behind but i would imagine prices there will catch up to everyone else
and last week I sold 3 6N for like $15

•••
I think an informed market means more stable prices

•••
2016-08-02 14334 2,677,675
2016-08-01 60922 6,879,071
2016-07-31 20700 3,291,608
2016-07-30 7004 1,083,131
2016-07-29 10461 1,282,462
It was a great day again. I think new normals are created in the market. Highest turnover niche was 4l.net.
Anyone wants to join a Chinese domain investors inner circle group on whatsapp? Message me.

•••
Imo it would be easier to make double or triple your money on chip .orgs. of course it would be much riskier (renewal costs) as you'd have to have a large portfolio of them to make it worthwhile. High Risk High Reward. 4l.com's imo are medium risk medium reward.

•••
However, the prices today have come right down on various categories such as 4l.net chips from around 1k RMB to 900 now and falling hard the whole time. 4l.com chips also have come off from the peak as have 6n.coms etc.

It's not clear if the move up was temporary or the start of something decent in terms of a sustained move up after 6 months of crashing hard.

Time will tell.

I don't think move is temporary. There is just need sustainable rise, It can't rise exponentially ever day. Market will go up and down but eventually it will stay at the higher levels than the last 6 months.
6 months of falling showed us bottom level of 6000 rmb. I don't think we will ever see 6000 rmb again, so until the end of August it could come the 1.3W and 1.4W.

But the most important question is what is after that what will happen at the late September and October where big drops will start. So, you can stay safe and quit before September. However, there is two possibility

1. Majority of domains will drop except which domains have value higher than reg fee.
2. Majority of domains will not be dropped and be renewed.

If 2nd possibility happens and we pass over Q4 - 2016 next year you can expect higher prices on all types in Chinese market. If not there is gonna be loose of confidence for a long time again in market and bounce back will take longer.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, speculations on N's an L's.

I wish I had the foresight to buy into 4N's and so on at an early stage.

I bought my first domain name during 2001. And I thought then, that I had missed the goldrush.

I've lived long enough to say with great confidence - there will always be a goldrush... :)

•••
But the most important question is what is after that what will happen at the late September and October where big drops will start. So, you can stay safe and quit before September. However, there is two possibility

September is a big month.

It is also when ICANN transfers to IANA and when China is expected to retaliate for the Hague ruling in the South China Sea.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back