Domain Empire

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
translation.jpg
I figured I'd upload it because thee other photo looked blurry. Thanks again.

•••
Hi Kassey, as requested, I'm posing the question here...I'm a new member here and just feeling my way around. But, when I read your article regarding Chinese domains, I thought I'd ask your thoughts on the domain chinaspower.com .

•••
•••
Kassey, does VRluxing work for you.

•••
tiyude.com ( tiyu is sports) comments please?

•••
What are best numbers to register from 11 to 98? TOP 15 Please!

•••
I try to post but this message pops up
The print is still small. Can you just focus on the message area?

thought I'd ask your thoughts on the domain chinaspower.com .
ChinaPower.com will be very good but I'm not sure about ChinaSpower.com

LL:聊聊>Chat
LL:联络>Contact

LY:鲤鱼>Carp
LY:旅游>Tour

Kassey, does VRluxing work for you.
No, I don't invest in Pinyin. I won't comment unless a Pinyin name is accompanied with its intended Chinese characters

tiyude.com ( tiyu is sports) comments please?
Ditto

What are best numbers to register from 11 to 98? TOP 15 Please!
I don't think in this way. I judge each domain name on its merits. My question is always: Does this number have a good Chinese meaning and can be used to launch a business? I have a blog post on 0 to 99 scheduled to be published next week.

•••
@Kassey Lee, what do you think of 88-88, and 888-888 in the .io extension? Money is definitely being spent as far as CHIPS go in this particular extension.

•••
@wcpthree It appears to me that very short ccTLDs are getting popular for speculation in China. I don't understand CHIPS so I can't offer much help.

•••
hey Kassey. here's the link to that problem I had posting on that forum. can you translate please? I did everything right. I was logged in and everything and still this error message pops up. why? did my post go thru or not because when I check the thread my post is no where to be found. please help? thanks! just double click the photo in the link to enlarge it. I see it large after I double click it. Thanks.

•••
•••
The message is:

============
Error: Please do not submit again. The slider capcha has been used already. Refresh and then use.
============

The instruction on the left of the screen says you need to slide the piece to complete to jigsaw, or something like that.

•••
Think it will be interesting to see how generation x in China change linguistics [search] with short truncation's and a mix of characters with alphabets VR旅行 / VRluxing whichever / whatever if the name is cognitive to the root domain deep learning AI will return the search seo. As for the com English input that will soon be seamless as China's understandable early protectionist stance against Google is no longer necessary with Baidu Alibaba trading globally. Hindsight is an advantage but seeing how the kids search is a bigger one for you Kassey.

ChinaPower.com will be very good but I'm not sure about ChinaSpower.com

LL:聊聊>Chat
LL:联络>Contact

LY:鲤鱼>Carp
LY:旅游>Tour

No, I don't invest in Pinyin. I won't comment unless a Pinyin name is accompanied with its intended Chinese characters

Ditto

I don't think in this way. I judge each domain name on its merits. My question is always: Does this number have a good Chinese meaning and can be used to launch a business? I have a blog post on 0 to 99 scheduled to be published next week.[/QUOTE]

•••
Hi Kassey,

Do these have any significance?

pkdr.com
bxnn.com
wtnn.com

Thanks.

•••
•••
BJW:北京网>Beijing net
BJW:搬家网>House moving net
So BJW33 is easy to remember. Tour, house moving etc. Hope it's .com.

I feel it's a bit complicated: a word + a number + a letter. It's not my favorite combination, but may be liked by other folks.

Google Translate:
JTDK:極度痛苦>Extremely painful
JTDK:极地特快>Polar Express

My creation:
JTDK:集团贷款>Group lending

XuNiShi:虚拟式>Virtual type
Yes, very short 3-pin

NN is great as it has many meanings, such as

NN:你你>You you
NN:南宁>Nan Ning city
NN:牛牛>Cow cow
NN:宁宁>Peace peace
NN:新新>New new

8 is a lucky number in China and it also rhymes with "bar" thus providing lots of possibilities and brands relating to money business. Also, it's 3C .com so very valuable imo. I like it.
This is some great information. These days if you are a seller of a domain, it's almost impossible to ignore the Chinese market because it's highly likely the buyer could be Chinese.

•••
The message is:

============
Error: Please do not submit again. The slider capcha has been used already. Refresh and then use.
============

The instruction on the left of the screen says you need to slide the piece to complete to jigsaw, or something like that.

Yes I did that. You are correct! so basically I did it correctly? it's odd that they would give that message immediately after posting. but I guess it would seem normal if I could understand the language. lol I'm about to go post in this forum. BTW Kassey did you recognize the website even though I blocked out some parts? lol Thanks by the way! I appreciate! I'm going to go to that site now and pitch my domains.

•••
•••
支持楼主。我是中国人

•••
支持楼主。我是中国人

谢谢。欢迎你来参加我们的论坛。大家都很想了解中国域名市场的情况。希望你能够跟我们分享一下。

Welcome to Namepros. We are all eager to understand the domain market in China. Hope you can share with us.

•••
谢谢,2016年以来中国的域名市场很大部分玩家在操控非主流域名,都是批量的去注册完某一后缀的某一个类型。
4声母的com以及5数字com在稳步上升.888的数字很受欢迎:)

•••
So you are saying most players in the Chinese domain market focus on non-mainstream extensions. They target these extensions one by one by bulk registering domain names of specific patterns. 4I and 5N .com are rising steadily and 888-related numbers are very popular. OK, here is my question.

-----
对于域名贷款以及域名投资基金方面,你的看法是怎么样呢?会不会在2016年成为主流?他们会不会成为域名市场的起爆剂?

Regarding domain lending and domain investment fund, what is your view? Do you think they will become mainstream in 2016, and trigger explosive growth of the domain market?

•••
my s-k-y-p-y:w e i i i i @ h o t m a i l . c o m

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back