IT.COM

Computers.vc on BIDO Auction: Any Guesses for a Selling Price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
I put computers.vc on vote at BIDO and it received the necessary 10 votes within 3 days. Just today, I received a $200 offer for it that I had to turn down since this is now in BIDO's hands. I have prebidding open for 2 weeks or so. The auction will be on 9/2. What do you think it'll sell for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going out on a limb here and will guess $28.00. But, I hope it goes for 100X that amount.

Fingers crossed, toes curled. :talk:

Last edited:
•••
There haven't been too many Computers.ccTLD sales in the last year (at least public ones), but they have routinely gone for close to $2K in the past. I will go on a limb and guess that it will go for mid $XXX on Bido. Would be a bit of a shock if it went for less than $100, but it is always possible.

•••
There haven't been too many Computers.ccTLD sales in the last year (at least public ones), but they have routinely gone for close to $2K in the past. I will go on a limb and guess that it will go for mid $XXX on Bido. Would be a bit of a shock if it went for less than $100, but it is always possible.

I see 4 computers.xxx sales since '07 (strangely, one was the .sc, sold for the same amount at the same place in different years). Here's to hoping it sells for at least mid $xxx.

•••
It will be a great test to see how [super keyword].strangeccTLD's are performing.

•••
I put computers.vc on vote at BIDO and it received the necessary 10 votes within 3 days. Just today, I received a $200 offer for it that I had to turn down since this is now in BIDO's hands. I have prebidding open for 2 weeks or so. The auction will be on 9/2. What do you think it'll sell for?

What does voting do on Bido? What happens if you get 10 votes??

•••
Should have taken the $200 and ran ;)!

•••
Should have taken the $200 and ran ;)!

I made an offer to ppl: As long as the domain had 9 votes or less, I'd sell for $200. I was given the offer AFTER the domain received 10 votes so I pulled my offer down. We'll see how this does on auction.

Oh, preps.org has 9 votes. Anyone wanna push it to 10? ;)

•••
It will be a great test to see how [super keyword].strangeccTLD's are performing.

Uh yes cmason pretty much already said that lol word for word

•••
Uh yes cmason pretty much already said that lol word for word

Why thank you!

So, Laptops.CC sold for $80 today and most of that was last minute bidding. "Computers" is definitely a better keyword, but .VC probably isn't as strong as .CC. It is going to be interesting to see what your domain goes for after that sale today.

•••
Why thank you!

So, Laptops.CC sold for $80 today and most of that was last minute bidding. "Computers" is definitely a better keyword, but .VC probably isn't as strong as .CC. It is going to be interesting to see what your domain goes for after that sale today.

It'll be quite interesting. The issue with the extension: .cc has never really had life. It's no .name but I have never seen a category-killing .cc sell for much (although I'm sure there have been some $x,xxx sakes). .vc is growing a bit since .vc has been known to mean "virtual community" (and as well, "venture capital"). Am I saying computers.vc is better or more valuable than computers.cc? No -- but I believe there's a better chance of a higher sale.

•••
It'll be quite interesting. The issue with the extension: .cc has never really had life. It's no .name but I have never seen a category-killing .cc sell for much (although I'm sure there have been some $x,xxx sakes). .vc is growing a bit since .vc has been known to mean "virtual community" (and as well, "venture capital"). Am I saying computers.vc is better or more valuable than computers.cc? No -- but I believe there's a better chance of a higher sale.

Well put! I want to add to that insight, but I think you pretty much covered what I would say!

•••
Well put! I want to add to that insight, but I think you pretty much covered what I would say!

:)

I'm now going to put preps.org in auction. Wonder how that'll do ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back