IT.COM
Spaceship
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And apart from this, I would like to confirm regarding the featured listing. It is mentioned in the FAQ that 'Featured listing domain names will be advertised on social media websites as well.'
May I know how's that? Is that through FB / Twitter ads or through your SM handles?
SM handles.

If the name is using DaaZ DNS, we may also advertise through social media paid ads ( kindly note we reserve the right on advertising through paid ads , some names we do and some names we don't ).

•••
SM handles.

If the name is using DaaZ DNS, we may also advertise through social media paid ads ( kindly note we reserve the right on advertising through paid ads , some names we do and some names we don't ).
Great. Thank you for the confirmation.

•••
I have a pending sale. While I still don't know if the buyer will pay, I love that DaaZ gives the buyer a payment link that expires in 24 hours so you don't have to wait forever before the transaction can be cancelled.

Well done, @DaaZ.

•••
I have a pending sale. While I still don't know if the buyer will pay, I love that DaaZ gives the buyer a payment link that expires in 24 hours so you don't have to wait forever before the transaction can be cancelled.

Well done, @DaaZ.
We try our best collect payments at the earliest and also complete payouts with in 48 hours , so far we have completed more than 99% of the payouts with in 48 hours.

In the end, DaaZ is looking forward to be the #1 domainer friendly marketplace. We are taking feedback and improving regularly. Thank you for your trust and giving us the opportunity to serve you.

•••
We try our best collect payments at the earliest and also complete payouts with in 48 hours , so far we have completed more than 99% of the payouts with in 48 hours.

In the end, DaaZ is looking forward to be the #1 domainer friendly marketplace. We are taking feedback and improving regularly. Thank you for your trust and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Yes, my sale completed, and I received my payout minutes after transferring the domain. Very impressed.

One thing that could be improved is that I got no - or very late - email notifications when the buyer made a counter offer or a comment.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, my sale completed, and I received my payout minutes after transferring the domain. Very impressed.
Thank you.

One thing that could be improved is that I got no - or very late - email notifications when the buyer made a counter offer or a comment.
We will take a look into that. Usually we monitor the end to end email delivery system regularly , and the reports are green. Please add support[@]daaz.com to your contacts, that will avoid any emails going to spam.

We have also enabled whatsapp alerts recently. If you are using whatsapp, you can also enable the whatsapp notifications ( alerts). Whatsapp notifications help you to improve your experience on receiving alerts.

By default whatsapp notification is not turned on , sellers or buyers need to opt-in to receive the alerts from whatsapp.

Settings --> Privacy --> Enable "Whatsapp Notification"

•••
When Https-only mode is set in the browser, that is the message thrown. For ex:
Show attachment 241190
please try again and contact our live chat support team. We are offering a SSL lander by default for every domain name parked with DaaZ. landers now work for both http and https protocol for sure.

•••
Why daaz not automatically detecting the dropped/deleted demains and remove from their lists ? lots of outdated domains available on their lists .
i tried to add a domain but couldnt because previouse owner didnt delete it from daaz list !!
Daaz should provide feature of adding the TXT to prove ownership easier .

@DaaZ

Last edited:
•••
Why daaz not automatically detecting the dropped/deleted demains and remove from their lists ? lots of outdated domains available on their lists .
i tried to add a domain but couldnt because previouse owner didnt delete it from daaz list !!
Daaz should provide feature of adding the TXT to prove ownership easier .

@DaaZ
We are working on the automated deletion script, we will report once that has been sorted out. Also we are working to improve the automated conflicts removal feature too.

•••
Can we get the list of registrars where DaaZ.com has a holding account?

•••
Can we get the list of registrars where DaaZ.com has a holding account?
We dont disclose that list. We will offer account change service with almost all registrars, as long as a registrar support we are flexible to setup a holding account.

Last edited:
•••
@DaaZ

I just posted the same question in another thread. It's about how LTO works.
Are there some identity checks on LTO-buyers?

For some time there has been some debate here about the risks of LTO for sellers, the main one consisting in the buyer misusing the domain, so that one of the questions concerning the potential buyer's accountability consists in whether his identity is known to DaaZ or not.

Another consideration is that knowing that one's identity is known could deter a buyer from misusing a leased domain.
So are there some forms of identity checks for LTO-buyers?
Phone?
ID?

Thanks

•••
@DaaZ

I just posted the same question in another thread. It's about how LTO works.
Are there some identity checks on LTO-buyers?

For some time there has been some debate here about the risks of LTO for sellers, the main one consisting in the buyer misusing the domain, so that one of the questions concerning the potential buyer's accountability consists in whether his identity is known to DaaZ or not.

Another consideration is that knowing that one's identity is known could deter a buyer from misusing a leased domain.
So are there some forms of identity checks for LTO-buyers?
Phone?
ID?

Thanks
Identity is known to the daaz ?- answer is No.

Only way to map to identity is payment method. KYC performed by the respective Bank or financial institution.

At present DaaZ wont enforce KYC on buyers to use LTO.

There is a risk for the seller, that's the honest response. in general, marketplaces will keep a monitoring on but no marketplace can offer 100% assurance on no misuse of the domain name - feel free to correct us if you find any marketplace who promise 100% assurance on a domain name cant be misused..

If you are too worried about it , better avoid LTO sale option on your domain names.

Last edited:
•••
There is a risk for the seller, that's the honest response.
Indeed.
Appreciate your transparency Daaz

I just found the place which answered my question

1.png

so apologies for the redundant question.

I'm not going to avoid LTO, far from that, I just wanted to know the situation.
I had a technical issue with your LTO bulk edit: the .xlsx document with my portfolio, which one has to download, fill out and then upload, I couldn't open it.

UI and portfolio Management, Fee structure, Bank Wire as payout option, for me Daaz is currently a top marketplace.

•••
I had a technical issue with your LTO bulk edit: the .xlsx document with my portfolio, which one has to download, fill out and then upload, I couldn't open it.
Please contact the live chat support team or alternatively please create a ticket, one our agents will look into the ticket and will revert to you.

Alternatively feel free to DM the DaaZ username here. We will investigate and will revert to you on the same.

UI and portfolio Management, Fee structure, Bank Wire as payout option, for me Daaz is currently a top marketplace.
Thank you. We are trying our best to our good service to both the buyers and sellers.

•••
A domainer friend of mine has just had a great experience with Daaz, a smooth transfer and quick payout!

I would like to try Daaz with a few domains.

However I visited the site and got a 502 gateway error. It's back up now but please fix this.

•••
A domainer friend of mine has just had a great experience with Daaz, a smooth transfer and quick payout!

I would like to try Daaz with a few domains.

However I visited the site and got a 502 gateway error. It's back up now but please fix this.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you still notice the same issue. Our support team working round the clock to ensure a smooth experience to all of you.

•••
Point to DaaZ landers and you can pay just 5% commission for BIN sales.

e.g: You can still park your domain names with what ever parking site you like ( Bodis or parklogic or parkingcrew ..etc).

Just point the lander to re-direct to DaaZ.com for sale BIN page - Just pay 5% commission.
Hi Daaz
I just met this posting from April 2023, which corresponds to your website

1.png

"Point to DaaZ landers and you can pay just 5% commission for BIN sales."
Sorry for the noob question: do those fee rates then refer only to the case of having the nameservers pointed to Daaz?
Which fee rates if the domains are not using Daaz' nameservers?

Thanks

•••
Hi Daaz
I just met this posting from April 2023, which corresponds to your website

Show attachment 247046

"Point to DaaZ landers and you can pay just 5% commission for BIN sales."
Sorry for the noob question: do those fee rates then refer only to the case of having the nameservers pointed to Daaz?
Which fee rates if the domains are not using Daaz' nameservers?

Thanks

Name servers usage has no impact on the pricing part, BIN listings success fee is 5% only. We are offering this discounted service for quite long.

--> Scenario1:
Seller pointed the domain name to the name servers ns1.daaz.org and ns2.daaz.org - domain name is listed for 1000 USD BIN - Seller will get 950 USD Payout .

--> Scenario2:
Seller pointed the domain name to their own name servers or other marketplace name servers - domain name is listed for1000 USD BIN - Seller will get 950 USD Payout

P.s: The pricing part may change in the future, as we are operating a massively discounted service to help domainers. DaaZ is a domainer centric service.

Last edited:
•••
Recent announcement from DaaZ on success fees adjustment.

We hope this message finds you well. Your continued trust and support mean the world to us, and we're grateful for your partnership in our journey.

Since DaaZ.com launch in 2019, we have been working hard to bring many new capabilities every month to improve your domain selling experience.

In 2019, we have started with a blanket 8% success fee on all our services and then reduced the success fees on Buy It Now (BIN), Make an Offer and Auction listings to 7% in 2020. DaaZ’s vision from day1 is “A faster, a better and a cost-effective domain marketplace”.

Today, we have an important update to share in relation to the success fees. In our unwavering commitment to providing you with a top-notch domain marketplace, we are adjusting the success fees for specific listing types.

New success fees effective date: 12-Nov-2023

DaaZ.com Success Fee Structure:

Listing TypeExisting Success FeeNew Success Fee
(Effective from: 12-Nov-2023)
DaaZ Secure5%5%
Buy It Now (BIN)5%5%
Make an Offer7%9%
Auction7%9%
Lease to Own7%9%

Why we need to adjust the success fee structure:

• The landscape of payment gateways has evolved, and recent price hikes have made it challenging for us to maintain our current fee structure.
  • This adjustment is necessary for us to adapt to the dynamic economic conditions while continuing to provide you with an exceptional domain marketplace experience.
We are here to serve you better:

Please be assured that this adjustment will allow us to sustain our commitment to delivering outstanding value, excellent customer support, and a secure marketplace environment.

We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this change, and we encourage you to reach out to our dedicated customer support team via live chat (or) by creating a ticket.

We value your partnership, and your success remains our priority. DaaZ.com is committed to supporting your endeavours, and we look forward to continuing this journey together.

Thank You,
Team DaaZ

DaaZ Limited
Company No: 11514700 VAT No: 306295214

•••
Domain sellers can edit those sentences 1 , 2 and 3 - Its just a default description.
(3. Ideas have consequences, so your domain name, choose wisely!) I hate this line. How do I edit this?

Also, can I be listed by my user name, or must it display "Private Seller"?

Lastly, have you stopped offering a storefront?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
(3. Ideas have consequences, so your domain name, choose wisely!) I hate this line. How do I edit this?
You can edit multiple ways..

Via DaaZ.com web user interface:

a) if you want to edit a single domain , portfolio --> just click on the domain name and amend the description
b) If you are looking to edit multiple domains , portfolio --> select all domains you would like to edit --> click on "theme" on top of the portfolio --> add the description. ( 500 names can be edited at a time . If you have more than 500 names, you need to repeat the same selecting them in batches )

Via DaaZ.com Bulk Edit Excel Tool:
Go to Portfolio --> Download the current portfolio --> just add the description you like , upload the changes to sync

Via DaaZ.com API:
You can also use the API to amend the description.

•••
Also, can I be listed by my user name, or must it display "Private Seller"?
Lastly, have you stopped offering a storefront?
Settings --> You can choose the brand name and also you have an option as a seller to decide what brand name you would like to keep.

Also you can enable the store or disable the store on your own. We still continue to offer the store front.

1697621186911.png

•••
enable the store or disable the store on your own.
My account does not show a store tab. Maybe because it still says my account is "Pending verification"?

Thanks

•••
My account does not show a store tab. Maybe because it still says my account is "Pending verification"?

Thanks
Store front is a default feature for all sellers, verification is good to have but not must to have. Please contact our live chat support team or create a ticket. We will certainly look into the same and help you on that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back