Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
We have changed the "Live Chat" one to show the below. Now the chat pop-out won't appear automatically , it will only open when the buyer or seller clicked on that chat icon.

Show attachment 251368

Hi,

I've noticed that the message that appears has a broken image. Honestly it doesn't look well. Better if you fix it

Thanks
1707217772102.png

•••
•••
Now that GoDaddy is, in effect, killing Afternic, are you prepared for an inrush of new customers? This is your golden opportunity, handed to you by GoDaddy's corporate blunder.

Last edited:
•••
Answer: unregistered registry premium
Good that you spotted this, which appears to have been deleted since your posting. Daaz does seem to quickly act on removing any inappropriate listings. This is another example where upfront domain ownership verification would be helpful!

Last edited:
•••
Now that GoDaddy is, in effect, killing Afternic, are you prepared for an inrush of new customers? This is your golden opportunity, handed to you by GoDaddy's corporate blunder.
We are not competing with anyone else - Out motto is serve the domain investors / domainers , we are clear from day1. So it will be our pleasure serving our sellers.

•••
We are not competing with anyone else - Out motto is serve the domain investors / domainers , we are clear from day1. So it will be our pleasure serving our sellers.
Are you doing business without restrictions in India? In other words, in India, no High Court or Ministry order for ISP-blocking of your marketplace?

•••
Are you doing business without restrictions in India? In other words, in India, no High Court or Ministry order for ISP-blocking of your marketplace?
We are clean on that part. No issues with any geography or location.
DaaZ is serving customers (buyers and sellers) from 70+ countries.

•••
We are clean on that part. No issues with any geography or location.
DaaZ is serving customers (buyers and sellers) from 70+ countries.
That's great to know. It's still unclear whether some marketplaces do have an ISP ban in India. Since you clearly don't, that gives you an advantage if others are constrained.

And are there now any plans to introduce ownership verification upfront for listings?

•••
That's great to know. It's still unclear whether some marketplaces do have an ISP ban in India. Since you clearly don't, that gives you an advantage if others are constrained.

And are there now any plans to introduce ownership verification upfront for listings?
Thanks. We have the tech ready to enforce upfront verification. DaaZ inventory is still below 1 million names , we are trying to be keep it easy to onboard ( transition will be less cumbersome). Certainly we will enforce the upfront ownership verification for all new listings in the future, we will announce that in the right time.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. We have the tech ready to enforce upfront verification. DaaZ inventory is still below 1 million names , we are trying to be keep it easy to onboard ( transition will be less cumbersome). Certainly we will enforce the upfront ownership verification for all new listings in the future, we will announce that in the right time.
Great! As more potential domain buyers compare marketplaces, verified domain listings may be an important factor. This week, I saw a very unflattering TrustPilot review for a marketplace where the would be buyer purchased a domain, but the sale didn't go through. Upfront AND ongoing verifications may help miminize such instances.

Note, by the way, that I really appreciated your fast customer service, dealing with the few unauthorized listings that I had found. Daaz, by far, has been provided the quickest response to removing listings from rogue sellers. Thanks.

Finally, let me share that the one major barrier to listing has been the need for explicit instructions to put verification txt in. For myself, though, I will say that I had no problem and no need ultimately for this. For at least the one markeplace mandating upfront verification, taking privacy off temporarily was adequate. Granted, it works fine for a small portfolio. Perhaps a script is needed that would enable those with large portfolios be verified that way?

•••
Great! As more potential domain buyers compare marketplaces, verified domain listings may be an important factor. This week, I saw a very unflattering TrustPilot review for a marketplace where the would be buyer purchased a domain, but the sale didn't go through. Upfront AND ongoing verifications may help miminize such instances.

Note, by the way, that I really appreciated your fast customer service, dealing with the few unauthorized listings that I had found. Daaz, by far, has been provided the quickest response to removing listings from rogue sellers. Thanks.

Finally, let me share that the one major barrier to listing has been the need for explicit instructions to put verification txt in. For myself, though, I will say that I had no problem and no need ultimately for this. For at least the one markeplace mandating upfront verification, taking privacy off temporarily was adequate. Granted, it works fine for a small portfolio. Perhaps a script is needed that would enable those with large portfolios be verified that way?
We are here to listen to your feedback and improve DaaZ, thats exactly what we are doing for the last 5 years. Kindly note, we are working for last 7 years on this project. Its the time for community to recognise and support the efforts. if the domain sellers support us in closing more transactions , it motivate us to bring bigger investments to develop this platform better serve the needs of domain name sellers and buyers.

•••
Before end of this March , DaaZ is looking to offer a mechanism / feature for sellers to assign their past leads or active leads to DaaZ brokers.

DaaZ's main objective is to see how to improve the conversion rate for sellers. Already DaaZ offers to conversion rate is almost 10 to 15% range for most sellers, thats relatively high conversion rate.. We are looking to see how we can push that conversion rates close to 20 to 25%.

We sincerely believe assigning the past leads ( which are gone cold) to DaaZ brokers can increase the conversion rates.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve conversion rates for you, please share. We are willing to take your feedback and improve DaaZ.

Last edited:
•••
Before end of this March , DaaZ is looking to offer a mechanism / feature for sellers to assign their past leads or active leads to DaaZ brokers.

DaaZ's main objective is to see how to improve the conversion rate for sellers. Already DaaZ offers to conversion rate is almost 10 to 15% range for most sellers, thats relatively high conversion rate.. We are looking to see how we can push that conversion rates close to 20 to 25%.

We sincerely believe assigning the past leads ( which are gone cold) to DaaZ brokers can increase the conversion rates.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve conversion rates for you, please share. We are willing to take your feedback and improve DaaZ.
What would help in responding to leads (broker or not) would be to know the buyer's name and/or other details. This could influence the sales strategy.

•••
We are willing to take your feedback and improve DaaZ.
If you could implement this simple suggestion, I would start pointing DNS to DaaZ. When I outbound market, I always include my logo. To have the same logo show up on the landing page would provide evidence of legitimacy to the offer.

Anyway, seems it would be a simple implementation. Thanks (again). I'll be there when this small feature is.

Also, it would be a LOT nicer (less annoying) if you would not open your chat by default. Everyone knows what that is by now. Shouldnt have to close it every time you log in, etc.

Last edited:
•••
If you could implement this simple suggestion, I would start pointing DNS to DaaZ. When I outbound market, I always include my logo. To have the same logo show up on the landing page would provide evidence of legitimacy to the offer.

Anyway, seems it would be a simple implementation. Thanks (again). I'll be there when this small feature is.

Also, it would be a LOT nicer (less annoying) if you would not open your chat by default. Everyone knows what that is by now. Shouldnt have to close it every time you log in, etc.
Thank you for the feedback. Certainly we have added your feedback to our backlog.
We will notify you once the same is addressed by our team.

•••
What would help in responding to leads (broker or not) would be to know the buyer's name and/or other details. This could influence the sales strategy.
There are few challenges with that , we have debated numbers of times on this topic with in our team in the last 7 years time..

--> Buyers want privacy , sellers want extra details .
--> Also some sellers once they have buyers details, they will directly contact the buyer to close the deals , also at times buyers will think DaaZ has shared their info to the seller and they will be annoyed with that experience. They prefer to avoid DaaZ in the future.

Making a platform sustainable is very important to offer the best services to domaining community in the long term. We are building DaaZ to serve the community forever.

We are already showing the lead origination city and country. Probably the best we can do is showing the "Full Name" of the inquirer but some buyers may not comfortable with it . I will revert to you on that.

Last edited:
•••
There are few challenges with that , we have debated numbers of times on this topic with in our team in the last 7 years time..

--> Buyers want privacy , sellers want extra details .
--> Also some sellers once they have buyers details, they will directly contact the buyer to close the deals , also at times buyers will think DaaZ has shared their info to the seller and they will be annoyed with that experience. They prefer to avoid DaaZ in the future.

Making a platform sustainable is very important to offer the best services to domaining community in the long term. We are building DaaZ to serve the community forever.

We are already showing the lead origination city and country. Probably the best we can do is showing the "Full Name" of the inquirer but some buyers may not comfortable with it . I will revert to you on that.
Thanks. Thinking out loud, you could have a tickbox in the offer form asking "would you like your name shared with the seller?". This way it's the buyer's choice.
Dan disclosing the buyer's name and my research from that gave me greater certainty in my negotiations and contributed towards a previous 5-figure sale.

•••

I second on the suggestion to make the chatbot less intrusive.

•••
I second on the suggestion to make the chatbot less intrusive.
We listened to your feedback and improved this. Kindly check and let us know if you are ok with the new behaviour of this live chat widget.

•••
Thanks. Thinking out loud, you could have a tickbox in the offer form asking "would you like your name shared with the seller?". This way it's the buyer's choice.
Dan disclosing the buyer's name and my research from that gave me greater certainty in my negotiations and contributed towards a previous 5-figure sale.
Thanks for your suggestion. Certainly will revert to you , once your proposal is accepted for improvement.
Please keep bringing the ideas to improve DaaZ, our objective is to serve you and make DaaZ a Go To Marketplace to buy & sell domain names.

•••
We listened to your feedback and improved this. Kindly check and let us know if you are ok with the new behaviour of this live chat widget.

Much nicer, thanks.

Another wrinkle: In Portfolio Management View / Filter by, the Category list is in alphabetical order, but unfortunately that list is not alphabetized on Edit Domain Details page(s).

•••
Much nicer, thanks.

Another wrinkle: In Portfolio Management View / Filter by, the Category list is in alphabetical order, but unfortunately that list is not alphabetized on Edit Domain Details page(s).
Thank you, we will improve this one too. Thanks for reporting to us.

•••
Maximizing Your Domain Sales: Leveraging DaaZ’s New Request Brokerage Feature
You can assign the make an offer leads to DaaZ brokers starting today. For further details, please read the below blog article.
https://daazblog.medium.com/maximiz...zs-new-request-brokerage-feature-befee5996c1c

DaaZ.com is committed to serve the domaining community. Please do request us if you need any specific features or improving the existing platform offered features / services.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back