NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't list a domain on DAN. I list it only on Afternic and then select DAN Landers inside Afternic. The domain is listed on DAN automatically but not in my DAN account ofcourse. Now if the domain is purchased by buyer through DAN which is actually on my Afternic account then how will the buyer deal with seller ? Will i have to discuss this through my DAN account or i will only deal with Afternic and the buyer will deal with DAN ?

Please let me know. And additional question if it can be answered too. What is better ? Listing on both DAN and Afternic Separately or Listing on Afternic with DAN Landers.

PS: I am not asking about listing on DAN and then it will be listed on Afternic Distribution Network automatically. I don't want this. in All situation, i want to list the domain on Afternic.

It will be really great if anyone can come up with answer. I will be so grateful. Thanks.
From a recent experience, I learned that as of now they operate separately. There may come a time when they operate using the same brokers, but not now (based on a recent transaction).

I spent many many man hours moving my names to Dan landers...they are so clean, neat and the ability to add 'sellers notes' makes them the best option out there. However, the massive cookies notice has ruined it for me.

Now I list names on both seperately starting with Afternic first then adding to Dan. My landers point to either my pages or to Afternic. The min offer, as well as BIN if there is one, is exactly the same on both sites.

•••
I have a question.

I don't list a domain on DAN. I list it only on Afternic and then select DAN Landers inside Afternic. The domain is listed on DAN automatically but not in my DAN account ofcourse. Now if the domain is purchased by buyer through DAN which is actually on my Afternic account then how will the buyer deal with seller ? Will i have to discuss this through my DAN account or i will only deal with Afternic and the buyer will deal with DAN ?

Please let me know. And additional question if it can be answered too. What is better ? Listing on both DAN and Afternic Separately or Listing on Afternic with DAN Landers.

PS: I am not asking about listing on DAN and then it will be listed on Afternic Distribution Network automatically. I don't want this. in All situation, i want to list the domain on Afternic.

It will be really great if anyone can come up with answer. I will be so grateful. Thanks.
Good afternoon @MHExplorer,
In this case, Afternic's Dan.com lander can display only Buy Now and Lease to Own options. Therefore, there is no interaction between buyer and seller directly. With this setup, the buyer follows our checkout process and you as the seller will work with Afternic.

Which is better? That depends on your own portfolio, so that's probably not something we can answer.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
I can't upload file to update my prices

All files extensions are not supported on my device while the same file can be sent to customer service chat !!!

My Success in this field was with you Dan
Are you forced me to go away ?

•••
I can't upload file to update my prices

All files extensions are not supported on my device while the same file can be sent to customer service chat !!!

My Success in this field was with you Dan
Are you forced me to go away ?

Good morning @HandmadeLife,
The uploading of .csv, .xls, or .txt files can be completed through https://dan.com/users/portfolio. If your files aren't being supported, we'd ask you to attach the form to a chat with customer service so we can check it for you and see what might be stopping you from uploading your file at https://dan.com/users/portfolio.

Of course, we want to make sure that you can use Dan.com successfully!

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Verification using the NS3 nameserver doesn't work. I ended up using the txt record to remove previously listed domains.

•••
Why is Dan and GoDaddy refusing to fix the terrible cookie notification on landing pages?

Lots of complaints and yet nothing has been done about it?

Is this the new Dan?

•••
Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM I was informed by the support team that the problem was related to Domain Import, rather than the ns3 nameserver. They have resolved the issue as of yesterday.

•••
Good afternoon @MHExplorer,
In this case, Afternic's Dan.com lander can display only Buy Now and Lease to Own options. Therefore, there is no interaction between buyer and seller directly. With this setup, the buyer follows our checkout process and you as the seller will work with Afternic.

Which is better? That depends on your own portfolio, so that's probably not something we can answer.

Best regards,
Dan.com
That's the answer i was looking for. Thank you so much for being great on forums as well. Really appreciate that. Just wanted to know the difference and you explained that very well.

Yes, whatever will be comfortable will be better. Will need to experiment both with different domains to see which works best for me.

•••
Hello, has anyone noticed delays in DAN’s services?
Since yesterday I’m dealing with a major delays in live chat. It takes about an hour to respond to my messages with hasty and inadequate answers.
Also, I have transferred them some domains that I sold three days ago, and they still haven’t notified me if they have received them.

•••
Hello, has anyone noticed delays in DAN’s services?
Since yesterday I’m dealing with a major delays in live chat. It takes about an hour to respond to my messages with hasty and inadequate answers.
Also, I have transferred them some domains that I sold three days ago, and they still haven’t notified me if they have received them.

look it's no mystery dan downfall delays etc began with gd sale. because they can. they make billions so lose few sale or clients here there they couldn't care less. that be said delays are name of game now..u got pay plan buyer u wait weeks for payouts and they just sit on his money... I dunno maybe they think we got billions profits too.

•••
@DAN.COM

Good morning. I sent the following recommendations to James Iles back in December 2022 but as far as I can see there have been no changes.

"1 - I use a 24 inch monitor but find that I have to scroll left and right to use the whole viewable screen with the relevant section headings.

2 - The column on the extreme left off the screen shaded in blue and under the Dan Icon button could be made narrower.

3 - The icons in this column are clumsy to use and could be improved. Even on a large screen the colored dots are a bit fiddly and the small scroller function is hard to navigate. Is it possible to have one standard icon button which when hovered over using the mouse leads to a pop up/down menu with easier to use sections/functions?

4 - There is far too much white real estate at the top of the screen which is currently split in two. I would put all additional functions/icons on this white space and incorporate them in a thinner band. I would move the user ID icon to go under the Dan icon button in the left column. I would have the following across one strip - Eyeglass icon 'Search', '+' Domains (instead of Domain importer), 'Add filter' and 'options'. I would remove completely the 'My domains' and 'Domains for sale' wording as it is un-necessary.

5 - I would move the words at the bottom of the screen on the left (Home-Help center-Contact-Legal-Nameservers) and encompass them under one word such as 'Home' or 'Terms' or 'Info' - There could easily be a more suitable drop down menu.

6 - The box on the bottom of the screen on the right which in my case states the language choice of 'English'. This could be incorporated in the section mentioned above under point 5 or it could be moved to the more general 'Settings' section. Once the language of choice has been selected there is no need to access this function again and it takes up space on the 'home' screen.

7 - The green chat/conversation icon is in the way on the 'home' screen and could be moved to where the user ID icon used to be.

8 - When I scroll down the screen a grey arrow icon appears which not only blocks some of the information on screen but it is in my opinion a little annoying and un-necessary in this location. I can just use the standard scroll up/down function or the appropriate up/down arrows.

9 - I'm a big fan of Excel spreadsheets and there must be 1,000 different functions, 990 I've not used yet. However, I'm a huge fan of being able to move a column from one side of the spreadsheet to the other until I find a combination or format that suits me individually. Everyone is different and some people would like to be able to see their prices in the column next to the domain names column.

10 - I also would mention that some of the standard column widths are out of proportion to the information that they contain. One example would be the 'Views' column which in my case only needs to be wide enough to maybe show three numbers etc etc.

11 - I would like to be able to make my columns wider or narrower (like Excel) as I need to and this is something that would help to fit more information on the 'home' screen at the same time without having to scroll left or right to see pertinent information.

12 - Since the full Dan/Afternic integration more columns have been added to the interface and two in particular have limited functions, namely the 'Listing' and 'Status' column headings. It would be hugely important to be able to sort these columns by having a sort up or sort down function so that we could see the status of our listings. We would then be able to see very quickly which domain names are successfully added as 'Active listings' or are 'Already listed' (listing failure).

There may be additional functions/options which I don't currently use which may also benefit from being able to sort them from top to bottom or bottom to top etc etc.

13 - The checkbox beside the domain names is too big and I'd ask whether it is necessary. When we select a name it could just change color to show that it has been selected.

That's it for now, but if I think of anything else I will let you know.

Also, if there is anything that you would like clarified then just drop me a line and I will be more than happy to help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reddstagg

•••
@DAN.COM

Good morning. I sent the following recommendations to James Iles back in December 2022 but as far as I can see there have been no changes.

"1 - I use a 24 inch monitor but find that I have to scroll left and right to use the whole viewable screen with the relevant section headings.

2 - The column on the extreme left off the screen shaded in blue and under the Dan Icon button could be made narrower.

3 - The icons in this column are clumsy to use and could be improved. Even on a large screen the colored dots are a bit fiddly and the small scroller function is hard to navigate. Is it possible to have one standard icon button which when hovered over using the mouse leads to a pop up/down menu with easier to use sections/functions?

4 - There is far too much white real estate at the top of the screen which is currently split in two. I would put all additional functions/icons on this white space and incorporate them in a thinner band. I would move the user ID icon to go under the Dan icon button in the left column. I would have the following across one strip - Eyeglass icon 'Search', '+' Domains (instead of Domain importer), 'Add filter' and 'options'. I would remove completely the 'My domains' and 'Domains for sale' wording as it is un-necessary.

5 - I would move the words at the bottom of the screen on the left (Home-Help center-Contact-Legal-Nameservers) and encompass them under one word such as 'Home' or 'Terms' or 'Info' - There could easily be a more suitable drop down menu.

6 - The box on the bottom of the screen on the right which in my case states the language choice of 'English'. This could be incorporated in the section mentioned above under point 5 or it could be moved to the more general 'Settings' section. Once the language of choice has been selected there is no need to access this function again and it takes up space on the 'home' screen.

7 - The green chat/conversation icon is in the way on the 'home' screen and could be moved to where the user ID icon used to be.

8 - When I scroll down the screen a grey arrow icon appears which not only blocks some of the information on screen but it is in my opinion a little annoying and un-necessary in this location. I can just use the standard scroll up/down function or the appropriate up/down arrows.

9 - I'm a big fan of Excel spreadsheets and there must be 1,000 different functions, 990 I've not used yet. However, I'm a huge fan of being able to move a column from one side of the spreadsheet to the other until I find a combination or format that suits me individually. Everyone is different and some people would like to be able to see their prices in the column next to the domain names column.

10 - I also would mention that some of the standard column widths are out of proportion to the information that they contain. One example would be the 'Views' column which in my case only needs to be wide enough to maybe show three numbers etc etc.

11 - I would like to be able to make my columns wider or narrower (like Excel) as I need to and this is something that would help to fit more information on the 'home' screen at the same time without having to scroll left or right to see pertinent information.

12 - Since the full Dan/Afternic integration more columns have been added to the interface and two in particular have limited functions, namely the 'Listing' and 'Status' column headings. It would be hugely important to be able to sort these columns by having a sort up or sort down function so that we could see the status of our listings. We would then be able to see very quickly which domain names are successfully added as 'Active listings' or are 'Already listed' (listing failure).

There may be additional functions/options which I don't currently use which may also benefit from being able to sort them from top to bottom or bottom to top etc etc.

13 - The checkbox beside the domain names is too big and I'd ask whether it is necessary. When we select a name it could just change color to show that it has been selected.

That's it for now, but if I think of anything else I will let you know.

Also, if there is anything that you would like clarified then just drop me a line and I will be more than happy to help.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reddstagg

Good morning @Reddstagg,
Although much of this is personal preference, your feedback was sent. Thank you for your contributions, we are always happy to hear from our sellers.

Best regards,
Dan.com

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @Reddstagg,
Although much of this is personal preference, your feedback was sent. Thank you for your contributions, we are always happy to hear from our sellers.

Best regards,
Dan.com
Good afternoon.

Thank you for coming back to me. It is very much appreciated.

I look forward to any future developments as they happen.

Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Redd

•••
Good afternoon everyone,
In July, we implemented a couple of policy changes to both new and existing Lease to Own transactions. While these changes were described in Product Update #9, we didn’t explain them in enough detail. Our aim at Dan is to be transparent, and we missed the mark. For that, we’re sorry.

We heard your request for more detail, so we have published a blog explaining these changes and why we made them: https://news.dan.com/229409-recent-lease-to-own-policy-changes-at-dan

If you have any questions, our support team is ready to answer them.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
dan get better each day
.. not... I just learned not only they hold lto payouts now for days or weeks cause they must think we all billionaire like gd..but now also they dont even bother to notify with simple note that buyer paid...so now we all clueless if.buyer pays... if late.. on on 7th or whatever of each month we either get domain back or payment. how this is improving dan is beyond me.

•••
Good afternoon everyone,
In July, we implemented a couple of policy changes to both new and existing Lease to Own transactions. While these changes were described in Product Update #9, we didn’t explain them in enough detail. Our aim at Dan is to be transparent, and we missed the mark. For that, we’re sorry.

We heard your request for more detail, so we have published a blog explaining these changes and why we made them: https://news.dan.com/229409-recent-lease-to-own-policy-changes-at-dan

Best regards,
Dan.com
Or to put it simply, we're potentially going to hang on to your money for 13 - 16 days before paying you.

•••
Good afternoon everyone,

Best regards,
Dan.com

Thanks @DAN.COM
are there some identity checks on LTO-buyers?

For some time there has been some debate here about the risks of LTO for sellers, the main one consisting in the buyer misusing the domain, so that one of the questions concerning the potential buyer's accountability consists in whether his identity is known to DAN or not.

Another consideration is that knowing that one's identity is known would deter from misusing a leased domain.

So are there some forms of identity checks for LTO-buyers?
Phone?
ID?

Thanks

•••
Good morning @HandmadeLife,
The uploading of .csv, .xls, or .txt files can be completed through https://dan.com/users/portfolio. If your files aren't being supported, we'd ask you to attach the form to a chat with customer service so we can check it for you and see what might be stopping you from uploading your file at https://dan.com/users/portfolio.

Of course, we want to make sure that you can use Dan.com successfully!

Best regards,
Dan.com

@DAN.COM - There has been an issue with uploads and updates lately.

If you upload or update a handful of names, it's not an issue. However, it becomes an issue if you upload or update thousands of names. Not to mention, it takes forever. Then it fails.

Uploads or updates at DAN should not take as long as they do at Afternic. Your code is far superior.

Below is a recent upload.

Note: The number of domains submitted is significantly higher than what is shown here. That's number is the fail point.

I obviously ran a second upload to complete the task, but the point is, we shouldn't have to. It's inefficient.

That said, can we get this resolved?

Thank you!

danup - Copy.PNG

Last edited:
•••
As there is no specific info on @DAN.COM, does selecting to "assign this negotiation to our Dan.com brokerage" increase the commission percentage?

I assume not, as it doesn't at GD or Afternic, but they also don't charge 4% for #2K+ Paypal payments.

•••
@DAN.COM - I made a sale in $ but before I pushed the domain, I went ahead to make a change of account details to pounds Sterling account and I expected DAN to check the account details before sending payment.

DAN erroneously went ahead to send dollars payment to a pounds account without verifying my payout details. I have been waiting and I have not received any payment yet. I reached out to my payment provider and they said $ cannot be received to the pounds account.

Afternic and daaz will not make this kind of mistake. Please sort this out and send correct payment to me.

Thank you

•••
Hello @DAN.COM,

Recently, I've had several successful sales with LTO on Dan, but I've encountered a small issue. In your settings, there's a feature that allows users to select a different payout method when the amount exceeds a certain threshold. This is exactly what I'm looking for! However, I noticed that when I activate this option, the bank transfer method isn't available, leaving only Payoneer, Paypal, and Bitpay.

To provide some context, my company operates with two bank accounts. Our first account is tailored for smaller transactions, ranging from 100-1000 USD. The fees for this account are minimal, which makes it perfect for LTO payments. However, this account doesn't support larger payments like an instant domain sale of, say, 10,000 USD due to its limits.

On the other hand, our second account can handle large transactions over 10,000 USD without any problem. However, it comes with fixed fees for incoming transfers. As a result, it's not cost-effective for us to use this account for smaller LTO payments.

Given this, would it be possible for you to enhance the overwrite option by allowing users to specify a different bank account? Ideally, I'd love to direct smaller payments (below 1,000 USD) to one bank account and any payments exceeding 1,000 USD to the other bank account in auto mode.

Thank you for considering my request, and I truly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

•••
Hello @DAN.COM,

Recently, I've had several successful sales with LTO on Dan, but I've encountered a small issue. In your settings, there's a feature that allows users to select a different payout method when the amount exceeds a certain threshold. This is exactly what I'm looking for! However, I noticed that when I activate this option, the bank transfer method isn't available, leaving only Payoneer, Paypal, and Bitpay.

To provide some context, my company operates with two bank accounts. Our first account is tailored for smaller transactions, ranging from 100-1000 USD. The fees for this account are minimal, which makes it perfect for LTO payments. However, this account doesn't support larger payments like an instant domain sale of, say, 10,000 USD due to its limits.

On the other hand, our second account can handle large transactions over 10,000 USD without any problem. However, it comes with fixed fees for incoming transfers. As a result, it's not cost-effective for us to use this account for smaller LTO payments.

Given this, would it be possible for you to enhance the overwrite option by allowing users to specify a different bank account? Ideally, I'd love to direct smaller payments (below 1,000 USD) to one bank account and any payments exceeding 1,000 USD to the other bank account in auto mode.

Thank you for considering my request, and I truly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

lol what does that even mean that having limited payout options based on amounts or whatever is something u enjoy and are looking for. I mean who does this to enjoy having their total freedom unlimited and not limited by company..govt..etc... u gave me good.morning cafe laugh today.. I owe ya

•••
@DAN.COM

I don't think the "Recently Viewed" sort option under My Domains is working as my domain list has remained the same since late last night.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back