Domain Empire

dealsinthebox.com.au Review - Suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi All,

Thought I would submit my website here for a bit of a review and any suggestions, as the website owner is always hard to be objective. Looking for some feedback in terms of what you don't like when you first visit the site, any difficulties navigating, maybe fonts are the wrong sizes, takes to long to load. Let me know, any comments will be very much appreciated.

Website is dealsinthebox.com.au primarily focused on providing updated shopping/travel deals for Australians.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Overall pretty clean!

I think the subscribe button at the top should be more attention-getting. It kind of blends in with the city and email inputs. Maybe an icon on it and the email would better call them out at a glance.

There's also a grid issue on 'Latest Deals' where the fifth item breaks to a third row if heights are inconsistent (viewing on Mac/Chrome).

Then no favicon is showing. They're an easy add that helps branding.

Good luck!

•••
Hi

In addition to what @bonanza has said I would like suggest a few things. I'll put in points.

1. Spacing / Alignment of the Pricing.
2. Point Listed could be in order rather than flow horizontally like sentences.

MATFzJh.png

3. Blank Spaces. I don't understand / see the point as to why there are 2 blank boxes. Could be a div you added for something then forgot to remove.

NqsCkph.png

4. Copyright could be made shorter, simple and clear.
5. ABN and the numbers could make a new line as they break / they would be more understandable on a new line.

eRDqzIS.png

For the copyright keep it simple with only mentioning it is copyright by SimpsonMedia.co trading. I have added some example pics from some reputed sites for example.

sT9VYpD.png

mRQG46r.png

UFOTAgV.png

NOTE: SnapDeal best suits your case. The website name is different from the company name that owns/runs the website. FYI: SnapDeal.com is one of the leading e-commerce business in India.

6. The description section in the product page could be made more clear. It looks like as if it was done in a hurry burry. The points can be indented and some other changes which I'll leave you to decide on ;)

Op234Ez.png

7. Grammatical errors.

tcDxnob.png

should be: "Catch all of Australia's favorite deals in one place!"

I still doubt if I got the grammar correct. Please verify :)

9. You could make the drop-down in the navigation roll-down on-hover rather than on-click. The "Local Deals" drop-down.

10. You could work on the header a bit more. The "Select Your City" and "Subscribe" Text Box and button look a bit clumsy together. They should stand out and show their difference but they all look alike.
The "subscribe" button looks like a Text box as well.

uXKCUDx.png

You could browse through dribbble.com and some other sites for some ideas ;)

Regards,
Dinesh

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back