Dynadot

DO NOT PARK at Domain Sponsor

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain Sponsor has made some recent changes and I have watched my revenue drop over 1000 percent in the last few days. I am in the process of moving my domains out of there and so should you....
Move to SEDO or Fabulous or GoldKey.

I received the following info from an email.....

Are the days of pay-per-click over? Domain Sponsor is the first major PPC parking service to announce that they are no longer paying on a pure pay-per-click basis. As of this past week they pay more if people actually buy stuff when they click through your links. They will pay less if people don't buy stuff. For this reason we are no longer recommending Domain Sponsor until we can fully evaluate the impact of this change.

Domain Sponsor has put so much spin on their announcement that most people haven't quite caught on. On their site they phrase it this way:

With the integration of DomainSponsor into Revenue.net, we can now move forward with the first major enhancement of the DomainSponsor service: Rewarding Traffic Quality. Over the past few months DomainSponsor has been hard at work trying to find new and innovative ways to increase payouts and reward publishers with the highest quality traffic. We're pleased to announce some of these advancements to you today.

Due to recent enhancements via our upstream partners, combined with direct advertiser conversion data generated by Revenue.net, we have developed greater insight into the performance of each individual publisher's traffic stream. We can now more accurately gauge the quality (backend sales conversion) of your specific traffic and compensate you accordingly. Many of you will notice an increase in payouts. This pricing recalibration will be rolled out at approximately 9pm PST today 10/11/2005, across all publisher accounts. This model includes adjustments to our bid values, which will now be dynamically aligned with your respective traffic quality.

Despite the positive spin, this change may well result in decreased payouts if you park with Domain Sponsor. Should you move your domains elsewhere? We don't recommend a wholesale retreat. If you suspect that the traffic to some of your domains doesn't convert well you should consider moving those domains to Sedo, Parking Dots, or Gold Key - the three services that we currently recommend.

Is this a sign of things to come? Probably. Some of the other major players have beta projects that seem to offer the same promise - a bonus for higher "traffic quality." Look for announcements from one or more services shortly.

We currently recommend three pay-per-click parking services for domain owners seeking to maximize their pay-per-click income. Parking Dots and Gold Key both use Yahoo ads, and Sedo uses ads from Google. Full
How Does Domain Sponsor know about the "quality" of traffic?

Domain Sponsor and Revenue.net are products of Oversee.net. This company sells their own ads, in addition to reselling Google's ads on our sites. They appear to be tracking click-throughs and actual purchases from their own ads and using this information to measure what they call "traffic quality."

information on these and several other services is available at Park Quick.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain sponsor turned down my application when I applied to put over 20 domains there all with traffic... and none adult ..

Dear ***** ***,

Thank you for your recent application to DomainSponsor. We regret to inform you that your application was not accepted at this time.

If you are still interested in a DomainSponsor account, please feel free to contact us directly and speak with one of our representatives who will be able to qualify your eligibility for an account.

Thank you for your interest in DomainSponsor.

DomainSponsor Staff
email: [email protected]

Note: This email was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Pn a side note I'm quite happy with sedo.. with 20 domains listed there I guess I've made 5 US bucks so far.. Moving more higher profile ones over there today

Big thumbs down to domainsponsor

•••
They havent pay my Sep earning....

around 80++.....

:(

i sent 2 emails but no replies...

•••
danielr said:
Domain Sponsor has made some recent changes and I have watched my revenue drop over 1000 percent in the last few days.

Not to change the subject ... but is it possible to lose 1000 % of revenue :|

•••
all4cost said:
Not to change the subject ... but is it possible to lose 1000 % of revenue :|
Yes ,If they send you an invoice for about 900% of your previous earnings
DanielJr, Explain the way you calculated 1000%
when receiving $0 would only be 100% loss

•••
Thanks for the heads up,I have an account there,But few names parked there atm,Fabulous still rules the roost imo

•••
My best earner, a poker name with low traffic but high CTR went from $1.50 to $3.50 per click all the way down to 0.09 to 0.50 tops per click at DS. Brutal...

Update: 2 poker clicks today, 8 cents total.

Last edited:
•••
kslup_k said:
They havent pay my Sep earning....

around 80++.....

i sent 2 emails but no replies...

Isn't minimum payout a $100 ?

•••
dabb said:
My best earner, a poker name with low traffic but high CTR went from $1.50 to $3.50 per click all the way down to 0.09 to 0.50 tops per click at DS. Brutal...

I am having the same problems with all of my domains... and I have some poker domains at DS. I was making over $25 per day on DS and now down to less than 1 dollar per day.

If you are parking at DS, the sooner you move your domains out of there the better off you will be.

•••
•••
TTHosting said:
Domain sponsor turned down my application when I applied to put over 20 domains there all with traffic... and none adult ..

Pn a side note I'm quite happy with sedo.. with 20 domains listed there I guess I've made 5 US bucks so far.. Moving more higher profile ones over there today

Big thumbs down to domainsponsor

obviously this wouldn't meet the requirements listed on the front page,

" Do you have a significant domain portfolio?

If you are managing a portfolio with domain traffic above 2,000 unique visitors per day, please call us at 213 892-1194 or email us at [email protected]."

•••
2000 uniques.. not too out of reach for me.

•••
danielr said:
Is this a sign of things to come? Probably. Some of the other major players have beta projects that seem to offer the same promise - a bonus for higher "traffic quality." Look for announcements from one or more services shortly.

I hope Fab doesn't do this. I'm finally making some money off PPC.

•••
will defently help all the advertisers and hurt all the publishers/domain parkers

•••
This same general trend toward rev sharing rather than PPC/CPA is occuring on the affiliate side. The potential for losses and abuse on PPC/CPA from fraud has pushed the advertisers to try and (imperfectly) segment the market.

•••
DJ-Sound said:
will defently help all the advertisers and hurt all the publishers/domain parkers

I think Domain Parkers are going to go where the money is, Advertisers are going to where the profits are. But there is something about parking and PPC that people must remember. When a person clicks on an advertisement, there is nothing to gauge whether they comeback and buy later. Pluse the potential surfer/buyer now sees the site and knows of its existance and can bookmark it or come back after searching more similar sites. I have done this many times before, Thus PPC is getting the word out and letting people know that the website is there.

I really feel that Domain Sponsor is going to go bellyup on this one. They are just changing from a PPC program to an Affiliate site. I could just join commision junction instead. When others are loosing big revenue that they could be making at Fabulous or SEDO, then DS will realize their mistake and be begging for the old customers to come back.

•••
Interestingly, I earn more this month (Oct 1st to 18th) rather than last month (Sep's 1st to 18th) in DS. But I will definitely give DS a month's tryout and see how it goes. Overall, Sedo does not work well with my domains.

Flora.

•••
yanni said:
Isn't minimum payout a $100 ?

taken from their FAQ

Do you have a minimum payout amount?

Yes. Your account must have a minimum balance of $50 in order to receive payment. If your balance at the end of the month is less than $50, it will be carried over to the following month and you will receive your payment once it has reached the $50 minimum.

•••
The first statement in this thread is true.

I used to average 150-200/day with DS

over the course of the last few days its 10-20/day

and no payment here yet either

moving them all to www.namedrive.com gonna check out this new service

Last edited:
•••
capiche said:
I hope Fab doesn't do this. I'm finally making some money off PPC.

Not shure, but I have received 3 weeks ago some communications from Fabulous regarding my account, and the domains I have, that makes me think they are preparing the same. For shure Fab4.0 was not the last move.

•••
namedrive is good!!

well, at least so far so good...
hopefully they pay me...

my $80....... :'(

•••
Fabulous as far as i can see have only changed there pay date to the 10th of each month. Like clockwork they paid on time like they do every month.

Thanks for the heads up on DS... i personally think this is the worst move they could of ever done..

•••
dabb said:

same here, my best earner went from about 1$ per click to averaging about 10 cents per click, and my overall portfolio is down about 20%...unless this changes, my 1000+ domains parked at DS will be going elseware very soon...I think its sad to see DS constantly promising and introducing supposed improvements yet they are just going downhill...

tipsfromthetop said:
i personally think this is the worst move they could of ever done..

Agree 100%...whats worst, is that they didnt even betta test this before making it official leading to many unhappy clients...some have seen improvements, but many many have seen the opposite according to what i have heard from members on this and other forums....i dont understand why DS would have done something so self destructive...

Last edited:
•••
i never really liked domain sponsor, so it reallty doesnt matter to me!

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
Fabulous as far as i can see have only changed there pay date to the 10th of each month. Like clockwork they paid on time like they do every month.

Same opinion here Fabulous is great only there stats can be sooo slow

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back