NameSilo

DO NOT PARK at Domain Sponsor

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain Sponsor has made some recent changes and I have watched my revenue drop over 1000 percent in the last few days. I am in the process of moving my domains out of there and so should you....
Move to SEDO or Fabulous or GoldKey.

I received the following info from an email.....

Are the days of pay-per-click over? Domain Sponsor is the first major PPC parking service to announce that they are no longer paying on a pure pay-per-click basis. As of this past week they pay more if people actually buy stuff when they click through your links. They will pay less if people don't buy stuff. For this reason we are no longer recommending Domain Sponsor until we can fully evaluate the impact of this change.

Domain Sponsor has put so much spin on their announcement that most people haven't quite caught on. On their site they phrase it this way:

With the integration of DomainSponsor into Revenue.net, we can now move forward with the first major enhancement of the DomainSponsor service: Rewarding Traffic Quality. Over the past few months DomainSponsor has been hard at work trying to find new and innovative ways to increase payouts and reward publishers with the highest quality traffic. We're pleased to announce some of these advancements to you today.

Due to recent enhancements via our upstream partners, combined with direct advertiser conversion data generated by Revenue.net, we have developed greater insight into the performance of each individual publisher's traffic stream. We can now more accurately gauge the quality (backend sales conversion) of your specific traffic and compensate you accordingly. Many of you will notice an increase in payouts. This pricing recalibration will be rolled out at approximately 9pm PST today 10/11/2005, across all publisher accounts. This model includes adjustments to our bid values, which will now be dynamically aligned with your respective traffic quality.

Despite the positive spin, this change may well result in decreased payouts if you park with Domain Sponsor. Should you move your domains elsewhere? We don't recommend a wholesale retreat. If you suspect that the traffic to some of your domains doesn't convert well you should consider moving those domains to Sedo, Parking Dots, or Gold Key - the three services that we currently recommend.

Is this a sign of things to come? Probably. Some of the other major players have beta projects that seem to offer the same promise - a bonus for higher "traffic quality." Look for announcements from one or more services shortly.

We currently recommend three pay-per-click parking services for domain owners seeking to maximize their pay-per-click income. Parking Dots and Gold Key both use Yahoo ads, and Sedo uses ads from Google. Full
How Does Domain Sponsor know about the "quality" of traffic?

Domain Sponsor and Revenue.net are products of Oversee.net. This company sells their own ads, in addition to reselling Google's ads on our sites. They appear to be tracking click-throughs and actual purchases from their own ads and using this information to measure what they call "traffic quality."

information on these and several other services is available at Park Quick.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure Prima send a link to one of you're sites thank you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back