Domain Empire

question Domain Backlink Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
I don't know as much I would like about Backlinks.....

I am currently building a site with a domain that has the below Backlink profile - Will these numbers mean I get a head start when it comes to ranking my site? I know I need to do various things to rank, so what if anything do these numbers help with?

Domain Authority 36

Linking Domains 304

Inbound Links 122.1k

Any advice, answers or questions would be greatly appreciated :xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Come on, I know you SEO experts are on here :xf.smile:

•••
Any 3rd party metrics like DA / PA (moz) or DR (ahrefs) or TF / CF (semrush) are not so important.

Google does not use them to rank sites.

That said... first of all check spam score. If it is less than 30 continue, if it has spam score > 30 your domains is useless.

Next steps are backlinks inventory. Check with ahrefs the backlinks, if DR is more than 35 it could be a good indication that your domain could have good backlinks.

Now scan every backlinks, if most of them are contextual and dofollow on big sites likes forbes, the guardian, huff, ny times and so on your domain has an amazing value. Even if it is hfhhhd455454s5ddwe.cc

Example, check digitalaudioreview.net, it is expired few days ago, it has a lot of bids and it is now $1100.

Wait... It is a 3 words .net! It is not premium. We're no longer in the 90s, that domain is a monster and you can rank for ultracompetive keywords if you'll use it or 301 it.

And end users know that.

•••
Any 3rd party metrics like DA / PA (moz) or DR (ahrefs) or TF / CF (semrush) are not so important.

Google does not use them to rank sites.

That said... first of all check spam score. If it is less than 30 continue, if it has spam score > 30 your domains is useless.

Next steps are backlinks inventory. Check with ahrefs the backlinks, if DR is more than 35 it could be a good indication that your domain could have good backlinks.

Now scan every backlinks, if most of them are contextual and dofollow on big sites likes forbes, the guardian, huff, ny times and so on your domain has an amazing value. Even if it is hfhhhd455454s5ddwe.cc

Example, check digitalaudioreview.net, it is expired few days ago, it has a lot of bids and it is now $1100.

Wait... It is a 3 words .net! It is not premium. We're no longer in the 90s, that domain is a monster and you can rank for ultracompetive keywords if you'll use it or 301 it.

And end users know that.
Cool - Thanks for the brilliant response, the info I posted was from Moz, so DR of 36 just squeaks over the 35.....

Need to check the spam score and the full link profile with Ahrefs then.....

Spam Score = 0

When I check Ahref (free search subdomain?) I get a totally different score :xf.eek:

Domain Authority 27

Referring Domains 277 (77% Do not follow)

Inbound Links 8,976

Some contexual | do follow links in there from The Guardian, BBC and Wikipedia not a huge amount but some

Thanks again - need to some reading me thinks

•••
When I check Ahref (free search subdomain?) I get a totally different score :xf.eek:

Moz and Ahrefs each have their own proprietary formulas and different sites in their indices, so the numbers will always be different. If you look at several sites in both, the relative stats are generally similar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back