Dynadot

discuss Domain Name Pricing: Is It Ethical?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Essentially, the person was questioning whether it was ethical to give one person a price of $250,000 for a particular domain name and a price of $25,000 to someone else when the domain owner is able to ascertain that the first person is a marketing executive at a Fortune 500 company and the second person is a small business owner...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's my domain name, so I feel I can charge what I like for it ( but I may not get it. ). A bloke p'd me off some time ago, so I trebled the price just for him. He didn't buy it, and I've still got the name. :)

You could also ask the question - if an attractive woman offers to sleep with you if you halve the price, is it ethical to accept the offer?

•••
Tough tough question....

•••
Yes it is unethical but ethics can run the gamit. Not as bad is hitting someone but worse than speeding.

•••
Yes it is ethical since the owner has the right to ask the amount as much he needed.

•••
Price segmentation is a legal practice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back