IT.COM

Domain Name Ranking Profit Ideas

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webdomainhub

Established Member
Impact
I purchased a few Geo+ service domains and made some proposals to business owners through Email but none took it up. As I am a website designer, I built a website around them and did some basic SEO and now they are ranking on page one. Should be ranking in the top 3-5 spots in the next few weeks.

What are my options in this case? Emailed those guys again and see if they are interested this time around? My thoughts would be to email those on Page 2 or 3 or even 4 to see whether they would like to have this page 1 website? Any other profit ideas that I can use? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very interested in the process. I say try to contact them and speak with them personally. Even if you've already done so.

•••
You are going on the right track my friend. That's exactly what Adam Dicker always emphasize, 'don't sell domains, sell business instead.'

My thoughts: Once you have successfully managed to rank your site within top 5 Google spot, don't hesitate to contact site owner appearing on Google page 10 and further. This way you will have additional chances to get maximum exposure for your site and attract more interested potential buyers.

Think, what if there's a business owner who just launched their website which is on Google page 50 let's suppose. But that business want to see fast results, for which they are willing to invest money too? They will be happy to buy high ranking site to get things going.

Lastly, regarding selling domains only and domains with proper websites, there's a huge difference. So, if you think that your domain (only domain) is worth $500, then you can not obviously sell your site for that amount, because now you are not selling a domain, you are actually selling a running website, a business generating website that is.

So, do not feel ashamed to increase the price as you are now selling a business. Add your cost of design+content+SEO marketing you have put in place for the development of that website and then add your price for profit. Win win for you my friend.

Do keep us posted about how it all went mate.

Good luck,

PS: I am a big fan of this method, it is a proven success, yet I have to do it myself, lol.

•••
You are going on the right track my friend. That's exactly what Adam Dicker always emphasize, 'don't sell domains, sell business instead.'

My thoughts: Once you have successfully managed to rank your site within top 5 Google spot, don't hesitate to contact site owner appearing on Google page 10 and further. This way you will have additional chances to get maximum exposure for your site and attract more interested potential buyers.

Think, what if there's a business owner who just launched their website which is on Google page 50 let's suppose. But that business want to see fast results, for which they are willing to invest money too? They will be happy to buy high ranking site to get things going.

Lastly, regarding selling domains only and domains with proper websites, there's a huge difference. So, if you think that your domain (only domain) is worth $500, then you can not obviously sell your site for that amount, because now you are not selling a domain, you are actually selling a running website, a business generating website that is.

So, do not feel ashamed to increase the price as you are now selling a business. Add your cost of design+content+SEO marketing you have put in place for the development of that website and then add your price for profit. Win win for you my friend.

Do keep us posted about how it all went mate.

Good luck,

PS: I am a big fan of this method, it is a proven success, yet I have to do it myself, lol.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will try harder to rank them and see how far the value can go.

•••
You are welcome my friend.

Have you checked Google and Keyword competition for each geo domain you have. If the competition is low, there are high chances that you won't have to invest loads of time to rank your sites.

But if the domains have mid level competition, then it may take some additional time.

Good luck,

•••
Before I bought the domains, I have already checked the competition etc... So they are not too hard to rank... Just need to add some contents regularly...

•••
Great, I wish you good luck with the ranking and then selling process mate. Don't forget to share your success stories here.

Cheers,

•••
GEO + Business domain & you got 1st page. Congrats.

By contacting similar related website owners will bring more value of it.

But i suggest you to start affiliate / resell their business. This way you could get more revenue as well. Still you can sell them your website after few sales / months.

If they got competitor then you can affiliate them as well. Just an idea to improve sales with resale value. IMO.

•••

But i suggest you to start affiliate / resell their business. This way you could get more revenue as well. Still you can sell them your website after few sales / months.

If they got competitor then you can affiliate them as well. Just an idea to improve sales with resale value. IMO.

A great advice mate.

But I would rather sell such sites to the owners for good amount than go with the hurdles of leasing websites (communication, agreements, etc. etc.). Besides, a lot of cash in hand is always useful, so why wait for a tiny piece of pie at the end of each month, lol?. But a good route to go if you have patience, and are willing to put regular work on the site.

The second reason I am not so into leasing sites is because I have read that many businesses would rather pay once to buy the whole site, than renting it for a monthly price.

But you never know what's waiting for you; right!

Good day,

•••

Good route too but need resources and time which I may not have.

•••
Good route too but need resources and time which I may not have.

Time may not be the factor if you have selected number of sites to maintain on a monthly basis.

Here's how it can get effective. Considering you have 4 domains, build 4 sites with the intent to sell 2 instantly and to rent the other 2 to businesses. This way, you will be able to manage the sites easily.

Besides, all you have to do to manage the sites is hire a content writer and ask him/her to write X number of articles on a monthly basis, and then you have to do some SEO activity. Yes, there's time factor involved but it's worth it if you are getting a high xxx or low x,xxx site rent. Heck you can hire a cheap resource to do it for you once the wheel starts rolling.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy,

•••
i will advice you to contact website owners who is doing PPC for the same keywords and ask them to take your website on rent or purchase it.

explain them if they will take your website on rent/purchase then it will cost them less than ppc cost.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back