NameSilo

Domain Names Management Advices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

arcglobal

Impact
Hi everyone,

I have more than 50 domains in different registrars and I try to manage everything to have an overview of everything, does anyone have a tool, a excel template or advices to manage everything ?

Pierre

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I reckon domain.io is exactly what you're looking for. It's the best option I've found, at least, even when I'm not using their landers - it's worth it just to have everything in one place, and to be able to ensure everything is listed correctly at dan/afternic/sedo at a glance.

You'll be looking at $12/mo for under 100 domains. If you use Domain.io's landers/nameservers and get a sale via Afternic/Dan/Godaddy, the 25% commission is rough. But if you're using domain.io's landers/ns, and you get a sale via the lander, you can import it into dan and only pay 5% commission, so it can go either way.

I'm using Dan's landers right now (Rather just get the 15% than roll the dice on 5-25%), but still using domain.io to manage my portfolio.

A really nice aspect of using domain.io's nameservers, however, is that you can add your verification codes for various marketplaces so anytime you get a new domain, just switch to the domain.io nameservers and you're all set without having to manully add txt records and all that.

If i recall correctly, the hope initially was that they'd integrate directly into the major marketplaces to keep your portfolio and prices up to date. Instead, you'll have to just quickly export a spreadsheet with your names + prices (and you can have it automatically adjust the prices by a % for each marketplace, if you'd like to charge more on higher-commission platforms).

I don't want to sound like a shill, but I just finished getting my 200ish names all organized finally, ensuring they're all listed in my accounts on each marketplace, no straggler listings from previous owners, etc - came here and saw this thread.

I think it's kind of a backburner project for the owner at the moment so there isn't much in terms of new features, the support is a bit slow, but I've never had to reach out for anything urgent.

Just hoping they don't sell get bought by Godaddy anytime soon (:

•••
put em all one place
...manage there.. it's only 50

sav is best for ui and all avg prices combined... no matter what others tell ya

•••
My advice would be that keep all your domains with same registrar.

•••
+1 for keeping all of your names in the same place as much as possible. Furthermore, you can keep all of your 'personal/project' domains at one registrar or in one account, and keep all of your for sale names at another registrar or a 2nd account at the same registrar.

In this case, where everything's in one place, the tracking features of domain.io become less useful to you, so it's probably not worth it unless you're using their landers and anticipating more sales from your landers vs. from marketplaces.

•••
•••
Thanks everyone for your advices, I take notes and will work on that!

•••
Dynadot has an option to manage domains from Other Registrar. I am using that for some time now

•••
You should look into DomainMod

•••
Hi everyone,

I have more than 50 domains in different registrars and I try to manage everything to have an overview of everything, does anyone have a tool, a excel template or advices to manage everything ?

Pierre
Managing multiple domains across different registrars can be a complex task. Here are some tools, tips, and suggestions to help you manage your domains and maintain an overview:
  1. Domain Management Tools: Consider using domain management tools or services that allow you to centralize and organize your domains in one place. Some popular options include:
    • Domain registrars with domain management features: Some registrars offer built-in tools to manage multiple domains, allowing you to view and manage them from a single dashboard. Examples include GoDaddy, Namecheap, and Dynadot.
    • Dedicated domain management platforms: There are specialized domain management platforms like Domain.com, DomainTools, and DNSimple that provide comprehensive domain management features.
    • Third-party domain management tools: Tools like Domainr, DomainsBot, and DomainIQ offer domain search, monitoring, and management capabilities.
  2. Excel or Spreadsheet Templates: You can create your own domain management spreadsheet using tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Here are some suggested columns to include:
    • Domain Name
    • Registrar
    • Expiry Date
    • DNS Provider
    • Contact Information (registrant, administrative, technical)
    • Renewal Date
    • Notes/Comments
    • Customize the spreadsheet to fit your specific needs and preferences. Regularly update it with the latest information to maintain an overview of your domains.
  3. Reminders and Renewal Notifications: Set up reminders for domain renewals to ensure you don't miss any important dates. Many registrars and domain management tools offer automatic renewal notifications via email or SMS. Additionally, you can use calendar applications or task management tools to set reminders for renewal dates.
  4. Consolidate Registrars: If possible, consider consolidating your domains under a single registrar. This simplifies management and reduces the number of platforms you need to monitor. Transferring your domains to a single registrar may require some effort but can streamline your domain management process.
  5. Regular Audits: Conduct regular audits of your domains to ensure accuracy and identify any potential issues. Verify domain ownership, contact information, DNS settings, and renewal dates. This helps you maintain control and prevent any unforeseen problems with your domains.
  6. Document Important Information: Keep a secure document or password manager that contains essential information related to your domains, such as registrar login credentials, domain-specific notes, and account recovery details. This ensures that important information is accessible and protected.
Remember, managing multiple domains requires ongoing attention and organization. Utilize tools, automate reminders, and establish processes to stay on top of your domain portfolio effectively.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back