IT.COM

Domain Parking - Help please?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am trying to utilize the link traffic from a domain that I have parked at Sedo. If you type in www.domain.com you go to the page with the ads on it but if you visit www.domain.com/whatever you end up on a Sedo page not found page. How do I get all variations of links to direct to the page with ads on it? I am using URL forwarding... is that the problem? Should I be using their nameservers instead? Or do I need to funnel the traffic (somehow) through the main domain?

Any help would be great!

Thanks very much :)

Checknme

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I did :) My problem is getting someone who goes to a subdirectory of the URL to end up at the same place that someone who types in the baese URL itslef would get to.

•••
I believe that would be sedo's error handling, If you use thier nameservers that should take care of it

•••
Thanks doubledee :)

I just got this back from them -

This is a fault that we are aware of and our tech team is working at
this moment to develop a solution that will capture all traffic to domains,
including sub-directories and sub-domains.

I will let you know as soon as this improvement is updated, but rest
assured that it will not be long coming.

Best regards,

Matthew S. Bentley
Director of English Operations

•••
•••
Thanks CP! I guess I should host my names. I don't really want to change the nameservers over now (and miss out on a trickle of revenue :) but I could be missing out on a lot more traffic so I guess I should.

Checknme

I changed my htaccess file but I can't seem to get it to redirect. Does anyone happen yo know the script to do so?

Thanks!
Checknme

Last edited:
•••
do you host the domains, or are you using a redirect?

•••
Host or redirect. I can do either.

•••
•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
Why not host 1 (one) domain and redirect the others to it using the registrar url forwarding features

Example

www.bloggerlinks.com => www.searchbin.com

What about hosting one, and then park the others on tope of it?

Then use error handling or htaccess, that would cover all errors, true?

•••
ahhh!!! Wonder if SEDO will wonder what's up when all this traffic for one name comes through another (not related name). Are they that clever?

•••
Well there are alternatives to SEDO
DomainSponsor is one

•••
Thanks everyone (especially CP for the very detailed walkthrough)!!!! Problem solved.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back