IT.COM

Domain Transfer ?

NameSilo
Watch

Bhanu Kiran

Established Member
Impact
Say i have a domain at Namecheap which still has 6 months to Expire , if i Transfer it to Spaceship for the Transfer Price will i get 1 Year + 6 months of Domain Expiry date ? And does this apply to all Registrars ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Bhanu,

When you transfer a domain from one registrar to another, the process itself doesn't inherently extend the domain registration period. The remaining time on your domain registration is typically carried over to the new registrar.

But... Some domain registrars offer an additional year of registration as part of the transfer process. This means that if your domain is about to expire, transferring it to a new registrar may extend the registration by one more year. However, this is not universally offered by all registrars, and you should check the terms and conditions of the new registrar.

Hope this helps.

-Krishnal

•••
Hey Bhanu,

When you transfer a domain from one registrar to another, the process itself doesn't inherently extend the domain registration period. The remaining time on your domain registration is typically carried over to the new registrar.

But... Some domain registrars offer an additional year of registration as part of the transfer process. This means that if your domain is about to expire, transferring it to a new registrar may extend the registration by one more year. However, this is not universally offered by all registrars, and you should check the terms and conditions of the new registrar.

Hope this helps.

-Krishnal
Hi Krishnal , Thanks for your Reply
have some Domains in registrars with high Renew costs so was thinking to Transfer it to Cheaper regisrtars , have still 5 months time until the Domains start expiring , I might wait until some Festival Offer for Domain Transfer comesby so i'd make use of it .
By the way are you from India , which State? Nice to meet You !! :xf.smile: .

Last edited:
•••
Say i have a domain at Namecheap which still has 6 months to Expire , if i Transfer it to Spaceship for the Transfer Price will i get 1 Year + 6 months of Domain Expiry date ? And does this apply to all Registrars ?
hi for .com domains, yes it will increase it by 1 year + 6months of your remaining.

•••
Hi Krishnal , Thanks for your Reply
have some Domains in registrars with high Renew costs so was thinking to Transfer it to Cheaper regisrtars , have still 5 months time until the Domains start expiring , I might wait until some Festival Offer for Domain Transfer comesby so i'd make use of it .
By the way are you from India , which State? Nice to meet You !! :xf.smile: .
I am from Gujarat Bhanu, if you would like to share the list with me, i can take a look and check with a few registrars on which will be cheap for you.

Would also like to grab one from the list if it's .com

Nice to meet you too. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
hi for .com domains, yes it will increase it by 1 year + 6months of your remaining.
Is it the same(1 year Registration) for all Registrars ?

•••
•••
Yes, when you transfer to another registrar you'll have to pay for at-least 1 year of renewal (option to extend to more years) and it extends by the same amount of years + the months already left in your current cycle.

•••
Yes, when you transfer to another registrar you'll have to pay for at-least 1 year of renewal (option to extend to more years) and it extends by the same amount of years + the months already left in your current cycle.
True.Sometimes they may have a special for transfers to attract domain owners.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back