NameSilo

Dry Sponge Newbie Needs a Little Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Good evening all.

I come to you as a completely dry sponge waiting to absorb your knowledge!

In all seriousness I am asking you for your recommendations on the best way to start in this "name game."

I joined a few days ago and I have been reading as many posts as I can to find out more. But in doing this I have encountered sensory and information overload. I think I am more confused than before I started.

First off I have my domains at GD. Good or no? Better places to go/be?

Next. I see that having a reseller acct would be a great asset. Where can I get one of those $6.95 ones I have read about? Or should I hold off?

Finally. Is going for a "brandable" 2 word phrase name a good idea? I notice that the good small concise names are close to being all but eaten up.

OH. . .Marketing your names? Any advice? Rules?

Many Many Thanks in advance!

And sorry for so many questions but I am lost!!!

Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I were you I would start a quick journal and break everything down into groups.
Domain Registrations - then do your research to find out what system is best for you.
Domain Uses - buying for resell, PPC, development, etc. The type of use for domains dictates what kind of domains you will buy.
Legal - The above will require that you know a few laws so you don't get the "famous" cease and desist letter.

These are just a few thoughts. Break it down and take it piece by piece.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back