IT.COM

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think I have any that are set less than 24 hrs, and perhaps Kevin you might add 48 hrs and 1 week, if that is easy, if not I understand. I feel this is sort of spamming anyway as I have multiple sites on one twitter account, not sure how much it's sending and find half of these things tweeted are not something I would even tweet myself, not sure if the algo is on popular items or how it decides what to tweet. Thanks.

@Kevin Johnson is it possible to ad some logic to the keywords? Like a "+" and "or" to combine two keywords together if say the keywords were 2-3 words combined.

I will make up an example: "Miami Beach" + "restaurant" or "South Beach" + "restaurant" or "West Palm Beach" + "restaurant". So only 3 cities restaurants would be included if found in the news feed. I don't believe this filtering is possible currently as it would gather all restaurants it finds anywhere in the newsfeed. I could have 3 separate keywords I suppose, however at the moment that's the quickest example I can come up with. The "OR" and "+" function could help drilling down the filtering.

Not sure if that is easy or not. The filtering process I am finding difficult sometimes.

I use the Filter "Only accept contents from this keyword if they contain any of following words" often, and find it grabs irrelevant content because it will choose any and or all of the words, and simply entering words to reject does not solve the problem.

Thanks again, great system you have developed!

•••
@Adam27

Here's the Twitter's official page on automated tweets

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-automation

Automated tweets are not forbidden. They are allowed with the conditions set in the above page. We do follow the rules as much as we can. Which is why we disabled auto-liking and auto-messaging that were available in the past.

Frequency of tweets are also important. So we may actually allow 1 hour as the minimum. For most of the cases, if it ever happens, your account isn't suspended, but rather "paused" to make sure that your Twitter account is active. For that, we do recommend you use your Twitter account from time to time. Hope that makes sense!

•••
Have are the cron jobs set for picking up feeds? I noticed some feeds get picked up better than others.

•••
I logged on to my twitter account manually using for some of dub ( rarely did in the past weeks) that is being used by dub. I made a manual post, and once I hit enter- it shut me down, sent out a captcha, then asked for phone verification. I had to send 5 different requests for the code, but finally reopened account.

Also this censoring stuff.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018...rithms-to-censor-opposing-political-opinions/

•••
These RSS sites I have built with Dub.io have connected me with some important people. It shows you keep updated with a certain niche and know what sites are good to follow. There is value in being a curator. :)

Last edited:
•••
keep updated with a certain niche

It's really great for gathering up data. That's the reason it has intrigued me, except I have over 100 which have sites on them. Lot's of hand filtering needed and I don't curate, just too many projects. Good thing you are focused.

•••
I started a parking site for my domain name dro.info on 2/6/18. I added a new twitter account to it and so far have 8 new followers and 1800 impressions. Monetized with Amazon but haven't made any money yet.
So far I'm pretty happy with results.

•••
•••
Anyone having issues with slow Dub.io sites?

•••
Anyone having issues with slow Dub.io sites?

Yes, I removed my domains. Admin pages and parked domains where so painfully slow at times I could walk away and come back to find it still waiting. Been going on for a few weeks - for me at least.

•••
I'm working on giving Dub.io a shot. I'll report back if anything interesting happens.

•••
Looks like the Dub.io is down again, I switched to landers.

•••
Is dub.io out of business?

•••
Is dub.io out of business?

I started to try them Feb-Mar timeframe and it was basically broken, not responsive, and no one got back to my questions. I got the feeling it was on its way out. Sad because it was pretty nice.

•••
I started to try them Feb-Mar timeframe and it was basically broken, not responsive, and no one got back to my questions. I got the feeling it was on its way out. Sad because it was pretty nice.

I removed all my domains today and pointed them to my own landing. Been out of loop on this a couple weeks. Really sort of frustrating to find out that none had much traffic even those with backlinks and never ranked anyway, and wasted all the link juice for months on someone elses platform. Too bad, I offered to donate and willing to subscribe and never even received a reply email.

I had 300 domains parked with 1/2 I had many rss feeds coming in that I hand selected and filtered. Lots of work down the tubes, I imagine they ran out of bandwidth on their vps.

•••
Looks like all Dub.io subdomains are on SSL now. Guess they should be rolling out support for SSL on custom domains soon?

•••
Is anyone else still using dub? Has anybody recently checked the health of dub or heard anything from OP?. I have a load of sites left without domains on them and they are still sending out news feeds where I directed them without any domain parked.

•••
Had to leave Dub.io be. Sometimes I simply couldn't access the site. I only had a handful of domains using their nameservers.

What I was trying to do at Dub.io--I was able to do (to a degree) using ToughDomains instead.

Last edited:
•••
Hey.... everyone.

My biggest apologies for not accessing NamePros for awhile - really sorry about not being responsive. We've had a difficult 2nd half of 2018 in terms of our project and we really worked hard to sort out all these issues toward the end of last year.

I am happy to say that we are kicking off new year with some refreshed vision for Dub. Currently we're in the middle of designing Dub v2, which we can hopefully release soon.

At the same time, I'm terribly sorry for not making the current Dub more reliable. At times we just received way too much traffic unexpectedly - which is an excuse I know - so we're working on our reliability as first priority.

I also know that we need to be more responsive to the messages here - we've been focusing on other channels for awhile - I'll make sure I pay better attention to this.

You can also reach any of us at [email protected] - if that suits you better.

Hopefully we can deliver better product and news soon!

•••
Finally Kevin... :)
We really like Dub.io. It has high level of customization capabilities. By far the best solution other than anything else in the market. I'm using it mainly for parking the domains. Cheers...

•••
I'm interested in dub.io but I'm worried because of the slow response support

•••
Anyone still using Dub.io?

•••
•••
in dubio pro reo
Hi Frank,

Please explain what that means.
I still have a few EMD's on their old landers.
idk why, I guess I'm just too lazy to change them out.

The DontSmoke.org in my sig still goes there, but nothing relevant shows up anymore.

Thanks.

Peace,
Kenny

Edit:
I changed my sig awhile ago... lol

Last edited:
•••
Hi Frank,

Please explain what that means.
I still have a few EMD's on their old landers.
idk why, I guess I'm just too lazy to change them out.

The DontSmoke.org in my sig still goes there, but nothing relevant shows up anymore.

Thanks.

Peace,
Kenny

Edit:
I changed my sig awhile ago... lol

that was a bad joke
dub.io was never something I especially liked

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back