Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please approve my account for manual checks
Username - ambitionteamsid

•••
@Caleb Tweed
"
We're excited to announce upcoming improvements to our account security measures. On April 8th, 2024 23:00 PDT, we will change our security question and answer format.

The updated process will introduce a selection of 10 preset security questions for you to choose from. Upon launching this update, you'll be prompted to select three new security questions and provide your unique answers. Please note that you must unlock your account to complete this setup.

The second update introduces the ability to add a recovery email in customer accounts. Users will be prompted to set up a recovery email. Please note that the recovery email cannot be a Dynadot domain email.

We're committed to continuously improving our services to better serve your needs. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to contact our support team here.

All the best,
Dynadot"

Explanation also here what is about

Kind regards,

•••
@Caleb Tweed
"
We're excited to announce upcoming improvements to our account security measures. On April 8th, 2024 23:00 PDT, we will change our security question and answer format.

The updated process will introduce a selection of 10 preset security questions for you to choose from. Upon launching this update, you'll be prompted to select three new security questions and provide your unique answers. Please note that you must unlock your account to complete this setup.

The second update introduces the ability to add a recovery email in customer accounts. Users will be prompted to set up a recovery email. Please note that the recovery email cannot be a Dynadot domain email.

We're committed to continuously improving our services to better serve your needs. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to contact our support team here.

All the best,
Dynadot"

Explanation also here what is about

Kind regards,
Yep! We're just making some slight changes to our security settings.

Regarding the Recovery email, the email cannot be related to any domain that is within your Dynadot account. While the main email can be whatever you choose, the recovery one needs to be separated, in case something happens to the domain inside your account (such as expires) and the email does not work, making it more difficult to retrieve account access should you forget your password.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

•••
Just a heads up, I will be out of office next week again (Sorry, doing a lot of travel this month) and won't be as active on NP, so I apologize in advance for any late/missed replies!

•••
Yep! We're just making some slight changes to our security settings.

Regarding the Recovery email, the email cannot be related to any domain that is within your Dynadot account. While the main email can be whatever you choose, the recovery one needs to be separated, in case something happens to the domain inside your account (such as expires) and the email does not work, making it more difficult to retrieve account access should you forget your password.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

is mandatory ? all you say
Thanks for support

•••
@Caleb
Would it be possible for Dynadot Marketplace to be added to the Bodis "external marketplace" list. I'm doing a trial run using them again, and would be absolutely delighted if this was a quick, simple way of adding a link to the Dynadot listings.

After all, your marketplace appears to be expanding, and having more traffic for your offerings would likely help Dyadot as a whole.

•••
@Caleb
Would it be possible for Dynadot Marketplace to be added to the Bodis "external marketplace" list. I'm doing a trial run using them again, and would be absolutely delighted if this was a quick, simple way of adding a link to the Dynadot listings.

After all, your marketplace appears to be expanding, and having more traffic for your offerings would likely help Dyadot as a whole.
I'm not sure if we've considered this but I'll see if it's something we can do! More eyes on the marketplace are always appreciated, thanks for the suggestion!

•••
I'm not sure if we've considered this but I'll see if it's something we can do! More eyes on the marketplace are always appreciated, thanks for the suggestion!
Well, pehaps the script would be a simple one.
The way manually to do the banner redirect to Dynadot appears to be by using their URL feature. Bascially, it shows the banner text, and allows the click directly to the marketplace listing.

If a domain is registered with Dynadot, this gives the buyer added reassurance that the sale is legit. And, for the seller, there's the real plus of potentially cutting commission costs in half or even more, compared to other Bodis external marketplace options.

This is the generic URL script that seems to work well, individualized for each domain, of course: https://www.dynadot.com/market/user-listings/xxxxxxxxx.com

•••
(4) On the marketplace listing, is there a good reason why there is a link to Alexa at the bottom, since Alexa (even if the service was still around as a website popularity rating) would only have meaning for already developed names, surely a small minority of all names for sale on the marketplace? I don't understand the Google cache link purpose either. I guess the archive could be useful to see past use of the name. Is there a way to turn these off in your listings?
Show attachment 247881
There isn't currently a way to switch those off, do you consider them a detriment to the page? If so I can check about adding a way to switch them off.

Several Questions:
1) Is there anyone on NP and that truly believes that this feature is beneficial to domain marketplace sales?

At least for those listers who have their doubts, is there a way of switching this feature off? Is it possible that this becomes a distraction to the potential buyer?

2) Has Dynadot reconsidered using the Estibot value in their auctions. While a some domains may have a high valuation, most don't seem to have any significant value (usually <$100) cited. Has the Estibot feature truly been helpful?

Last edited:
•••
2) Has Dynadot reconsidered using the Estibot value in their auctions. While a some domains may have a high valuation, most don't seem to have any significant value (usually <$100) cited. Has the Estibot feature truly been helpful?
I think at the moment we're not really focusing on using Estibot a ton as we're working on improving our own estimation services at the moment (still a work in progress, but it's getting there slowly).

•••
I think at the moment we're not really focusing on using Estibot a ton as we're working on improving our own estimation services at the moment (still a work in progress, but it's getting there slowly).

I just noticed the Dynadot valuation service. I was wondering, could we see the current Dynadot valuation as a column choice in our portfolio?

•••
I think at the moment we're not really focusing on using Estibot a ton as we're working on improving our own estimation services at the moment (still a work in progress, but it's getting there slowly)
Well, while that is being developed, the question is presently whether the Estibot valuations are hurting rather than helping your auctions. Even for high appraisals, no bids were usually seen. And someone unfamiliar with appraisal issues may be turned off by these seemingly high valuations that appear somewhat meaningless.

Please also consider the option @Bob Hawkes had suggested about an option of turning off the web archive, etc.

Last edited:
•••
@Caleb Tweed, any progress on the hover improvement where buyer offer is entered?

I asked another person to view one of my listings and without my prompting them, the said it was a little confusing (they too said they pressed the 'make offer' button to try and enter a price).

If it requires too much coding to add 'enter price above/below', t would be an improvement if the pricing area would highlight like it does when you hover over the USD (currency) button.

Also wanted to mention again that the 4 star rating is still bothersome to me. If it were equated to the grading scale in the US, it would be the equivalent of a numerical grade of 80-82. In the US, that is a B- or a 2.7 on the 4.0 scale.

If my names were in the xx or xxx range, it would not be too much of a concern. But when many names have a price in the xx,xxx range it becomes more of an issue to me.

•••
@Caleb Tweed, any progress on the hover improvement where buyer offer is entered?

I asked another person to view one of my listings and without my prompting them, the said it was a little confusing (they too said they pressed the 'make offer' button to try and enter a price).

If it requires too much coding to add 'enter price above/below', t would be an improvement if the pricing area would highlight like it does when you hover over the USD (currency) button.
Seems like it still hasn't changed, and I was hoping as well for improvement there as well.
Also wanted to mention again that the 4 star rating is still bothersome to me. If it were equated to the grading scale in the US, it would be the equivalent of a numerical grade of 80-82. In the US, that is a B- or a 2.7 on the 4.0 scale.

If my names were in the xx or xxx range, it would not be too much of a concern. But when many names have a price in the xx,xxx range it becomes more of an issue to me.
Perhaps less prominence for the TrustPilot rating might make sense. Overall, the current 4.1 rating is still considered "great." And the reviews themselves overall are pretty good. I was surprised that the contact info for Dynadot on the TrustPilot includes primarily the zip code and city. If you compare this to PorkBun's TrustPilot page, Dynadot might benefit by providing more contact info there? At least perhaps a physical address?

•••
Perhaps less prominence for the TrustPilot rating might make sense. Overall, the current 4.1 rating is still considered "great." And the reviews themselves overall are pretty good. I was surprised that the contact info for Dynadot on the TrustPilot includes primarily the zip code and city. If you compare this to PorkBun's TrustPilot page, Dynadot might benefit by providing more contact info there? At least perhaps a physical address?
For me, it is a 'good' number.

Yes, in an earlier post I suggested moving it to the bottom of the page if they do not want to remove it altogether. It is too bad a few 1 ratings (a couple from users that clearly did not follow the rules) have brought the number down.

Since we are talking about the TP ratings, a recent survey of upper teen to upper 20's (I cant recall the exact age range) feel that a perfect 5 star rating is considered sketchy. What a wacky world we live in! :xf.wink:

•••

No headway on that just yet sorry, I'll re-check on this and see where we're at with it.

•••
Thanks for the Dynadot appraisal tool. Looks promising. And the input section is nice, allowing feedback on the pricing.

•••
I bought a closeout name today and the payment remains in processing status. Is that because the name takes some time to be officially mine? I use the same cc to hand reg names with Dynadot so I know it's not a cc issue.

•••
I bought a closeout name today and the payment remains in processing status. Is that because the name takes some time to be officially mine? I use the same cc to hand reg names with Dynadot so I know it's not a cc issue.
It can vary what day of the closeout it was purchased in how quick it goes into your account. Could you DM me the order number please? I can let you know exactly when it will go to your account!

•••
Quick update: Going on the last of my Spring Travels tomorrow (decided to use all my vacation up early this year lol), so I will not be able to respond to NP for the next 2 weeks. I appreciate your patience!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back