IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is anyone having difficulty logging into Dynadot right now? When I put in the UN/PW and the captcha, the page just "hangs" and does not proceed. There is no error message. Anyone else getting this?

•••
Yes I think that's what I did wrong. I switched before they verified. I was planning on just listing from the Dynadot panel on afternic but the domains that had been listed for sale by another seller are under transfer lock so this isn't an option in my account at the moment.
My sympathies. This appears to becoming an even greater problem since last month, now that Dan listings appear to be automatically placed on Afternic from Dan, without authentication required.
I only wanted to get them into afternic to take down the rogue listings from other sellers. I'd probably have been better just waiting until I could list straight from Dynadot.
Sadly, you cannot list directly from Dynadot when someone has already listed your domains on Dan or Afternic. And there is no "remove" button available on the "Dynadot Direct" panel.
I panicked a bit when my afternic account got suspended and couldn't work out why they couldn't verify the domains.
You may want to reconsider whether you want an account with them. Is there any reason Afternic could not remove the current listings and let you verify them using the Dynadot direct Afternic-listing tool?

•••

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_050009.jpg
    IMG_20240304_050009.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
•••
I set new nameservers for some of my domains and want to switch back to Dynadot for sale landers. However, when I go to choose nameservers - there is no option to switch back. If I choose the For Sale Landers, it allows me to set this - but it doesn't change the name servers back to Dynadot. How do I get back to Dyandot servers/DNS with their landing pages? Every other registrar allows a button to revert/choose their nameservers. Not Dyndaot. Urgh
You should be able to set right back to the For Sale page right from the DNS settings! Is it not giving the option too any longer?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    154.2 KB · Views: 22
•••
@Caleb Tweed , any super had reg or transfer deals coming up?

•••
@Caleb Tweed , any super had reg or transfer deals coming up?
Our .COM Registration Sale is still live for the month!
$7.99 .COM registrations (no re-reg)
Coupon code: NEWCOM24
Ends: 2024/3/31 23:59 UTC

We also have a Transfer Deal live as well!
$9.59 .COM transfers
Coupon code: MARCHOVER24

•••
Our .COM Registration Sale is still live for the month!
$7.99 .COM registrations (no re-reg)
Coupon code: NEWCOM24

$9.59 .COM transfers
Thank you for the fast response.

Looking forward to moving a couple hundred more over!

•••
$9.59 .COM transfers
Yes, thanks for the great transfer deal.

The transfer of my last few domains at GoDaddy, was very fast and efficient yesterday. Your marketplace system even automatically recognized that the domain had gone from an external listing to an internal one, and changed it accordingly.

Neat!

•••
My parsonal account now closed why dyna ? @Dynadot

Attachments

• 17097635079542724669649452451289.jpg
    17097635079542724669649452451289.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot, is there going to be a way to toggle off the trustpilot in the upper right corner of for sale pages? Additionally, it would be nice to be able to toggle off the Dynadot in the upper left corner as well.

It is not heart warming to see a 4 star rating (4.2 is current number) and to have it so prominently displayed might not be appealing to some visitors. Perhaps the TP rating, along with the Dynadot on the same top line, could at least be moved to the bottom of the page.

I like the recent parking options that have been added...lackluster follow ups to potential buyers by brokers on other platforms means I will soon be ending my 'experiment' and will return to handling all my leads myself.

Please consider sharing the email and IP address of those that inquire about names.

•••
is there going to be a way to toggle off the trustpilot in the upper right corner of for sale pages? Additionally, it would be nice to be able to toggle off the Dynadot in the upper left corner as well.

It is not heart warming to see a 4 star rating (4.2 is current number) and to have it so prominently displayed might not be appealing to some visitors. Perhaps the TP rating, along with the Dynadot on the same top line, could at least be moved to the bottom of the page.
I'll second that suggestion.

Has anyone notced that the landers appear now to be loading faster? No longer do I see the message about checking for a secure connection. Did tech support delete what had appeared to be a Cloudflare upfront check? In any case, the landers now are appearing quickly for me.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot, is there going to be a way to toggle off the trustpilot in the upper right corner of for sale pages? Additionally, it would be nice to be able to toggle off the Dynadot in the upper left corner as well.

I can certainly make the suggestion to toggle off Trustpilot, although I believe the reasoning for having that is to show the lander is from a legit company if the buyer has never heard of Dynadot before. I don't know if we'd go for being able to get rid of our logo on our own landers, but I can see if we can move them down to the bottom at the very least.

I like the recent parking options that have been added...lackluster follow ups to potential buyers by brokers on other platforms means I will soon be ending my 'experiment' and will return to handling all my leads myself.

Please consider sharing the email and IP address of those that inquire about names.
I've received this request a few times before and I certainly understand why, however our policy currently ensures privacy to all our users when they use our aftermarket.

Last edited:
•••
Hi - where can we find out more information about the Card Count data (source or date or any identifying information about the user/guest who added to cart but didnt complete transaction for whatever reason)?

•••
Hi - where can we find out more information about the Card Count data (source or date or any identifying information about the user/guest who added to cart but didnt complete transaction for whatever reason)?
We currently don't give out any information about potential buyers for privacy purposes.

•••
I can see if we can move them down to the bottom at the very least.
That would be awesome...thanks.

Also been meaning to ask if there is (or will be soon) the ability to track data...how many visits, from where, etc? If your system doesn't have the capabilities, is it possible to add an old school counter via our 'description' section?

•••
That would be awesome...thanks.

Also been meaning to ask if there is (or will be soon) the ability to track data...how many visits, from where, etc? If your system doesn't have the capabilities, is it possible to add an old school counter via our 'description' section?
You actually can see stats on your domains! On the 'Manage Domains' section, go to the right corner and select the 'Column' button to add these columns to your control panel.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
•••
You actually can see stats on your domains! On the 'Manage Domains' section, go to the right corner and select the 'Column' button to add these columns to your control panel.
That sneaky icon was just off to the side...it did not show on my monitor until I pushed over a bit.

Quite alot of data...not sure I'm doing things correctly, but visitors on 1000+ domains shows the - symbol which I assume means 0. I'll play with it tomorrow...so tired my eyes are crossed! Thanks for your help.

•••
•••
•••
Dynadot now supports Crypto!

I've heard you loud and clear, and I'm happy to announce that we now offer cryptocurrency payments through BitPay! Supporting over 100 different crypto wallets and a variety of coins, BitPay ensures secure payment processing on crypto transactions.

Cryptocurrency payments using BitPay are only available in USD. Full Details are Here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/b...ypto March 2024&utm_medium=crypto&drefid=4439

•••
Just wanted to say that I have had the worst possible experience with Dynadot this past week, though have been there client for years. I was pretty happy but I have spent many -many hours on this and still no solution.

No one gets back on time.
No one to talk to on the phone.
They escalated my request but no one got back to me.

Now due to mess-up on their side I urgently need an authorization code today which cannot be gotten by me due to a mess-up on their end.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot now supports Crypto!

I've heard you loud and clear, and I'm happy to announce that we now offer cryptocurrency payments through BitPay! Supporting over 100 different crypto wallets and a variety of coins, BitPay ensures secure payment processing on crypto transactions.

Cryptocurrency payments using BitPay are only available in USD. Full Details are Here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/cryptocurrency-payments-announcement?utm_source=Blog&utm_campaign=Newsletter Crypto March 2024&utm_medium=crypto&drefid=4439
That is FANTASTIC news. Thanks for the update!

•••
@Caleb Tweed, I and an associate spent a little time looking at offer pages today.

Something I experienced when I first started looking at Dynadot as an option a while ago, and my buddy came across today, was some confusion when entering an offer.

He and I both repeatedly clicked the 'make offer' button so an offer could be entered until we realized digits had to be entered where the 0.00 is displayed. With no prompt, it is not clear than numbers need to be typed where the 0.00 is shown.

How about moving up (maybe increase font size a little) the 'Make an offer' and just underneath in lower case add something like 'enter offer amount above'. Or, just under the 0.00 put 'enter offer amount above'.

ADD: Overnight I had a few non-domaining people comment on some landing pages I moved to Dynadot (about 10 total were asked to look at pages). One of the 3 thought the trust rating was mine and asked why I had it displayed since it was only a 4. The other 2 knew it was associated with Dynadot and asked if I could move/remove it.

The rating 4.2 is the equivalent of a mid B rating or a 3.0 in education grading. I know it is a unjustified rating as I spent some time looking at those that gave a 1 because they were frustrated...a couple of times due to their own misunderstanding.

Hopefully everyone here that uses and likes Dynadot will take every opportunity to help get the number back up by rating their excellent experience(s).

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot @Caleb Tweed

Just wondering if either of you plan to respond to my post (1248) above.

I've moved many dozens of names to your for sale landing pages and I've notice that when checking the names a day or two after moving (giving plenty of time for the system to update) some names take take a while to load (10+ seconds...some 20).

Just curious why there is a delay sometimes?

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot @Caleb Tweed

Just wondering if either of you plan to respond to my post (1248) above.

I've moved many dozens of names to your for sale landing pages and I've notice that when checking the names a day or two after moving (giving plenty of time for the system to update) some names take take a while to load (10+ seconds...some 20).

Just curious why there is a delay sometimes?
I believe that Caleb is or was traveling. He's usually good about responding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back