NameSilo

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed that domains pointed to dyna-ns are silently banning by Google in SERP results.

•••
How to delete invalid Dynadot url?
Old domain listing

•••
I noticed that domains pointed to dyna-ns are silently banning by Google in SERP results.
Hello, would you be able to DM me one of your domains as an example please?

•••
•••
Caleb, my Domain is not listed on Dyna but Google says its for sale on Dynadot. how to delete outdated content from Google if i do not owner of Dynadot.com

•••
Caleb, my Domain is not listed on Dyna but Google says its for sale on Dynadot. how to delete outdated content from Google if i do not owner of Dynadot.com
Oh interesting, I've not heard of that. Could you please DM me the domain in question, along with screenshots showing where it's still listed? Thank you!

•••
Can not list domains for sale captcha not working after clicking sell button

•••
How to bulk auth code on email

Last edited:
•••
•••
It would be nice to see the data of Dynadot's own appraisal tool for domains listed in the aftermarket.

•••
It would be nice to see the data of Dynadot's own appraisal tool for domains listed in the aftermarket.
For Data, are you referring to like how the Godaddy appraisal tool works where it shows previous sales/similar sales or something like that?

•••
The estimated value would be enough for now I think. And showing some similar Dynadot sales info would also be nice.

By the way, it seems that the (cred.it) domain name can be purchased in the "Similar domains recommendation" section on the appraisal page. However, this domain name has already been registered.

There must be a communication problem with the .IT registry, you might want to take a look at this as well.

•••
Hi @Caleb Tweed , above someone asked about the Sedo sales prices on marketplace listings. Many, many years ago I listed with Sedo but I no longer use them and my sign in info has long been forgotten.

I've got dozens of names picked up over the years from other domainers or through auctions that have erroneous sales prices. Please let me know how to block any Sedo pricing showing on my names.

•••
Hi @Caleb Tweed , above someone asked about the Sedo sales prices on marketplace listings. Many, many years ago I listed with Sedo but I no longer use them and my sign in info has long been forgotten.

I've got dozens of names picked up over the years from other domainers or through auctions that have erroneous sales prices. Please let me know how to block any Sedo pricing showing on my names.
Hello, do you mean on the Aftermarket Indicator on the right of the domain? Let me make a request if we can block prices from showing if not done through FastTransfer/MLS.

However, if you'd like the domain removed from Sedo itself you would need to contact them directly to do so.

•••
Hello, do you mean on the Aftermarket Indicator on the right of the domain? Let me make a request if we can block prices from showing if not done through FastTransfer/MLS.

However, if you'd like the domain removed from Sedo itself you would need to contact them directly to do so.
It is less than pleasant trying to get Sedo to remove listings that should not be on their platform. Their solution is to create another account and go through all the hoops I did many years ago.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to prevent the Dynadot system from finding the erroneous listings on Sedo and adding it to the indicator. I appreciate the fact that it pulls the info from Afternic...makes things really easy. It is a top notch feature, I would just like to block it from displaying data from Sedo.

I'm still getting familiar with Dynadot...it will soon to be where the majority of my names are housed...it is a very smooth domainer experience.

•••
It is less than pleasant trying to get Sedo to remove listings that should not be on their platform. Their solution is to create another account and go through all the hoops I did many years ago.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to prevent the Dynadot system from finding the erroneous listings on Sedo and adding it to the indicator. I appreciate the fact that it pulls the info from Afternic...makes things really easy. It is a top notch feature, I would just like to block it from displaying data from Sedo.

I'm still getting familiar with Dynadot...it will soon to be where the majority of my names are housed...it is a very smooth domainer experience.
Ah okay I see. I'll see if we can make a toggle or something that only shows markets you use on your domains aftermarket indicator!

•••
Dynadot expired outdated links on Google SERP. How to remove them?

Google says domain for sale on Dynadot but it's actually not. If you are clicking on the link it's just forwarding to Dynadot main page.

The similar issue with Namepros
Showing deleted threads on Google for months

•••
@Caleb Tweed , I recently hand regged a domain and the free website builder option popped up. I can't get to it immediately (system needs to create it I assume) but at this point I only have one question.

Will the free version have the ability to host a for sale link? I see there is an upgrade option where it would be easy I assume but for now the free one is what I'm focused on.

•••
Left GoDaddy for Dynadot (and a few others). Trying to decide where to move one name that requires email and was wondering if the 1 free email account works https://www.dynadot.com/email If I move a domain to Dynadot (via transfer) and need an email set up for that name ([email protected]) for example will the free account work? Or do I need the paid account for this?

Also - GoDaddy uses Microsoft 360 Basic... when I transfer the name will it be difficult to set up/transfer my emails to my iMac?

btw - you have one of the better websites Dynadot - purchasing is easy, setting up landers with descriptions is easy and pricing for new domains with your code is excellent. Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Can your Dynadot leaders address with GoDaddy's executives the issue of their company listing your registrants' domains for sale without their permission?

Since yesterday, over two dozen of my Dynadot domains now come up on the Godaddy search pages for sale on their platform. These are unauthorized listings at much higher prices than my actual asking price. Currently, all of my listings are exclusive to Dynadot, and I have no interest in listing them at Dan or Afternic or GoDaddy given the mayhem with their marketpace.

GoDaddy has no right to be using my Dynadot domain names to promote their own unauthorized sales. They,no doubt would be unhappy if other registrars started listing their GoDaddy registrant domain names without their permission. And I've had to deal with this too many times. I have asked Dan and Afternic multiple times to remove the unauthorized listings, only to see them relisted by apparently another rogue seller account.

Dynadot customer support appears unable to help with this problem, despite continued complaints from other customers as well. That is worrisome. I left Namecheap after they were unable to stop repeated Afternic approval requests coming-- despite not having Afternic or Dan listings. Dynadot has demonstrated more leadership dealing with that nuisance. Now perhaps as a registrar you can demonstrate even more leadersip to help protect your registrants from these rogue sellers.

Last edited:
•••
@Caleb Tweed , I recently hand regged a domain and the free website builder option popped up. I can't get to it immediately (system needs to create it I assume) but at this point I only have one question.

Will the free version have the ability to host a for sale link? I see there is an upgrade option where it would be easy I assume but for now the free one is what I'm focused on.
Hello! What kind of for sale link, like one that leads to a different landing page? Or just one that when selected goes to our checkout right away?

•••
Left GoDaddy for Dynadot (and a few others). Trying to decide where to move one name that requires email and was wondering if the 1 free email account works https://www.dynadot.com/email If I move a domain to Dynadot (via transfer) and need an email set up for that name ([email protected]) for example will the free account work? Or do I need the paid account for this?
Absolutely! You can set up a free email with any domain at Dynadot.
Also - GoDaddy uses Microsoft 360 Basic... when I transfer the name will it be difficult to set up/transfer my emails to my iMac?
Our free email unfortunately does not support Remote Access, only our paid version does so you will not be able to use it with Mac Mail sorry!

Glad to hear you appreciate our site!

•••
Dynadot is another greedy registrar snatching domain on start of 30th day of expiry.

They removed domain from my account on 30th day start and put it on auction.

A greedy registrar.

•••
Can your Dynadot leaders address with GoDaddy's executives the issue of their company listing your registrants' domains for sale without their permission?

Since yesterday, over two dozen of my Dynadot domains now come up on the Godaddy search pages for sale on their platform. These are unauthorized listings at much higher prices than my actual asking price. Currently, all of my listings are exclusive to Dynadot, and I have no interest in listing them at Dan or Afternic or GoDaddy given the mayhem with their marketpace.

GoDaddy has no right to be using my Dynadot domain names to promote their own unauthorized sales. They,no doubt would be unhappy if other registrars started listing their GoDaddy registrant domain names without their permission. And I've had to deal with this too many times. I have asked Dan and Afternic multiple times to remove the unauthorized listings, only to see them relisted by apparently another rogue seller account.

Dynadot customer support appears unable to help with this problem, despite continued complaints from other customers as well. That is worrisome. I left Namecheap after they were unable to stop repeated Afternic approval requests coming-- despite not having Afternic or Dan listings. Dynadot has demonstrated more leadership dealing with that nuisance. Now perhaps as a registrar you can demonstrate even more leadersip to help protect your registrants from these rogue sellers.
Hello, I'm sorry for the frustration you're having with this! The domains being listed on GoDaddy are most likely because they are listed on Afternic, as Afternic allows listings on their site without verification. Of course, if you do not verify the listing yourself then the sales can't go through and you're in no danger of losing your domain, but I certainly understand your frustration with having your domains listed for sale that you did not list yourself.

The best course of action is typically to contact Afternic to remove your domains from being listed on their site, as we're not able to remove listings on other sites directly from ours. You can block fast transfer requests from Afternic automatically though from this page here! https://www.dynadot.com/account/marketplace/my_settings/

•••
Absolutely! You can set up a free email with any domain at Dynadot.

Our free email unfortunately does not support Remote Access, only our paid version does so you will not be able to use it with Mac Mail sorry!

Glad to hear you appreciate our site!

Yes, I've very much been enjoying your .com $7.99 promo for this month. It has led me to be active with you again and I'm glad for it. Your landers are awesome and being able to add a description to my brandables is a plus. Your interface is easy to use as well (although it's quite frustrating to be "locked" even though I just logged in using 2FA. I am required to do 2FA 2x. That is stupid. But otherwise, great platform! I am considering moving all renewals at other registrars to you if you keep up the good work.

As for email - good to know. So will use the paid option for the "remote" access. Is it difficult to set up for a neophyte? Do you have online instructions anywhere?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back