Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello! What kind of for sale link, like one that leads to a different landing page? Or just one that when selected goes to our checkout right away?
It would be nice to know the answer to both...save some time maybe.

•••
Yes, I've very much been enjoying your .com $7.99 promo for this month. It has led me to be active with you again and I'm glad for it. Your landers are awesome and being able to add a description to my brandables is a plus.
Great to hear you're enjoying the promo and our landers!
Your interface is easy to use as well (although it's quite frustrating to be "locked" even though I just logged in using 2FA. I am required to do 2FA 2x. That is stupid. But otherwise, great platform! I am considering moving all renewals at other registrars to you if you keep up the good work.
Sorry it's a bit annoying, We just take security very seriously so we keep it on both in case you're logged in and lose your laptop/phone etc..
As for email - good to know. So will use the paid option for the "remote" access. Is it difficult to set up for a neophyte? Do you have online instructions anywhere?
Absolutely! We have tons of Step-by-Step guides for accessing email hosting on a variety of email platforms. For example, here's how to set it up on Mac Mail: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/basic-email-mac-mail

•••
Redacted for privacy.

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice to know the answer to both...save some time maybe.
So we do have a free For Sale Lander that you can set for your domains, and the link within the for sale lander allows potential buyers to purchase the domain right from there!

The Pro version of the builder allows 'buttons' that you can add that can lead to other sites, however the free version of the Site-builder is fairly limited in what it could do in that regard, although I guess Hyperlinks are always an option but they won't look as nice.

I'll see if we can add something for our free builder to have similar functionalities to our for sale lander, as at the moment there isn't a direct way to add a domain to the cart right from it.

•••
Hi Caleb.

At Dynadot I know there is a way to use AI to set a domain description on the lander, thank you for this feature.

For those of us that own several thousand domains, can you please provide a bulk method for us to set AI descriptions across all our domains in our portofolio.

Thank you.
I'll pass that along to the team, appreciate the suggestion!

•••
Great to hear you're enjoying the promo and our landers!

Sorry it's a bit annoying, We just take security very seriously so we keep it on both in case you're logged in and lose your laptop/phone etc..

Absolutely! We have tons of Step-by-Step guides for accessing email hosting on a variety of email platforms. For example, here's how to set it up on Mac Mail: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/basic-email-mac-mail

Yes, but it shouldn't be "locked" the first time I log on and supply 2FA. I understand why it resets 60 minutes later when I'm still logged in.

Thanks for the email link. That looks easy enough.

•••
Hello, I'm sorry for the frustration you're having with this!
It's more than just frustration at this point. I do stongly feel that these rogue sellers interfere with potential sales on the Dynadot marketplace.
The best course of action is typically to contact Afternic to remove your domains from being listed on their site,
Been there, done that, and same problem returns.

I truly was hoping your tech team could come up with an innovative solution. Like the Afternic block feature, perhaps an automated process where a registrant can submit to you a request for a rogue listing removal at a different registrar marketplace. That way, there would also be continued privacy for the Dynadot customer, and direct confirmation from Dynadot that this is indeed the actual owner demanding the listing be removed.

•••
Your landing pages are showing a certificate error and are not allowing users to go to my landing pages without a warning message. Can you please fix?

Here is an example
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 4.25.03 PM.png

•••
Your landing pages are showing a certificate error and are not allowing users to go to my landing pages without a warning message. Can you please fix?

Here is an example
Show attachment 253372
Let me check into that, our Landers come with a free SSL so they should be online!

Edit: I just checked that domain and it looks to have a live SSL, so it may have just taken a sec to propagate! Are any of your other domains running into the above issue still?

Attachments

• Screenshot at Feb 27 17-34-58.png
    Screenshot at Feb 27 17-34-58.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
•••
Let me check into that, our Landers come with a free SSL so they should be online!

Edit: I just checked that domain and it looks to have a live SSL, so it may have just taken a sec to propagate! Are any of your other domains running into the above issue still?

Yes, here is another one
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 4.38.57 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
Yes, here is another one
Show attachment 253375
I'm seeing the secure connection error, Sperry8, if I type in either of those domain names using the https:// with or without www. If I simply type in the domain with or without the www, it redirects to a secure Dynadot landing page. That's just moments ago. I'm using Firefox.

•••
Are all domains placed on the Dynadot marketplace verified prior to listing? Even ones placed by individuals who are not Dynadot registrants? And, if so, how?

I am in the process of doing a Trust Pilot review, having been very impressed by some of your unique offerings. I would like to confirm that one point about the external listing upfront verification, which you apparently already do. It did seem like a simple process.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is another greedy registrar snatching domain on start of 30th day of expiry.

They removed domain from my account on 30th day start and put it on auction.

A greedy registrar.
I just noticed this unwelcome change too. Apparently, I need to pay closer attention.

•••
Is there any way to Capitalize domains on for sale landers? My domains are registered as all lowercase and I'd like to market them as LowerCase instead.

•••
Are all domains placed on the Dynadot marketplace verified prior to listing? Even ones placed by individuals who are not Dynadot registrants? And, if so, how?

I am in the process of doing a Trust Pilot review, having been very impressed by some of your unique offerings. I would like to confirm that one point about the external listing upfront verification, which you apparently already do. It did seem like a simple process.
That depends, if they are Dynadot-registered domains, then they're verified by the user who lists them, as the account needs to be unlocked before you can set a price on our market.

For the open marketplace, we verify all domains by requiring users to set a TXT or NameServers on their domain in order for them to list domains on the market!

•••
Is there any way to Capitalize domains on for sale landers? My domains are registered as all lowercase and I'd like to market them as LowerCase instead.
Not at the moment, but I'll make the request to the design team to see if we can consider it!

•••
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm having problems adding a txt verification record to my domains at Dynadot.

The domains DNS currently state 'For Sale Landing Page''. To add a txt record the only option is to change this to ''Dynadot DNS'' and then add txt record. This is fine but then the sale landing page has gone and the domain is down.

All I want to do is keep the Dynadot Sale Lander up and add a txt record - is this not possible? Once I switch to Dynadot DNS and add the txt record I then have to go back and select the For Sale options and enter all the for sale info again. Is this the only way to add a txt record?

Also, despite doing this for Afternic, they are still telling me to add verification which means they aren't seeing whatever they need to see - is this because I switched the DNS settings back to Dynadot Sale Landers and should have left them on Dynadot DNS?

Apologise if this is a daft question, I am seriously confused about what I need to do.

•••
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm having problems adding a txt verification record to my domains at Dynadot.

The domains DNS currently state 'For Sale Landing Page''. To add a txt record the only option is to change this to ''Dynadot DNS'' and then add txt record. This is fine but then the sale landing page has gone and the domain is down.

All I want to do is keep the Dynadot Sale Lander up and add a txt record - is this not possible? Once I switch to Dynadot DNS and add the txt record I then have to go back and select the For Sale options and enter all the for sale info again. Is this the only way to add a txt record?

Also, despite doing this for Afternic, they are still telling me to add verification which means they aren't seeing whatever they need to see - is this because I switched the DNS settings back to Dynadot Sale Landers and should have left them on Dynadot DNS?

Apologise if this is a daft question, I am seriously confused about what I need to do.

It's ok I think I've worked it out. Thanks.

•••
It's ok I think I've worked it out. Thanks.
Well, your question about the Afternic txt and Dynadot is definitely not daft.

I'd love to hear the solution you found.

In order to put in a txt for Afternic verification, did you have to take your Dynadot listing offline first ordid you find some way to avoid that? And what additional steps did you take afterwards. And, after returning the landers to Dynadot, does the txt record still remain, even if not visible to you?

•••

No worries at all!

The 'For Sale' Lander can only be set on its own, I.E no other Records can be set on it for it to be active on your domain.

If you need to verify the domain with a TXT but don't need to keep the TXT on the domain, you can verify the domain and then just set it back to the For Sale Lander!

Was the work-around you mentioned different to that?

•••
Well, your question about the Afternic txt and Dynadot is definitely not daft.

I'd love to hear the solution you found.

In order to put in a txt for Afternic verification, did you have to take your Dynadot listing offline first ordid you find some way to avoid that? And what additional steps did you take afterwards. And, after returning the landers to Dynadot, does the txt record still remain, even if not visible to you?
Yes it went offline while I added the txt record and got verified and then I switched back to the sale lander.
I've left the txt record in - not sure if this is right?!!

I got confused because when I added txt records last week at Porkbun for Sedo I don't think they went offline.

Anyhow the main thing is I verified the domains with afternic. They suspended my 1 week old account yesterday because I couldn't verify the Dynadot domains. I'd only listed them with afternic because someone else had listed some of my domains for sale on Dan/Godaddy. Now I've verified them my afternic account is back and the fake listings have gone. What a week.

Last edited:
•••
No worries at all!

The 'For Sale' Lander can only be set on its own, I.E no other Records can be set on it for it to be active on your domain.

If you need to verify the domain with a TXT but don't need to keep the TXT on the domain, you can verify the domain and then just set it back to the For Sale Lander!

Was the work-around you mentioned different to that?
Hi Caleb

Yes that's what I did. I actually did that 2 days ago but after adding the txt record I switched straight back to the sale lander and then found out yesterday that afternic couldn't verify so I had to do it again today.

Am I right in thinking they can only see the txt code if I leave the setting as Dynadot DNS? And once I switch back to the Sale Lander they can't see it?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Caleb

Yes that's what I did. I actually did that 2 days ago but after adding the txt record I switched straight back to the sale lander and then found out yesterday that afternic couldn't verify so I had to do it again today.

Am I right in thinking they can only see the txt code if I leave the setting as Dynadot DNS? And once I switch back to the Sale Lander they can't see it?
Perhaps Caleb can confirm this. My understanding is that you have to wait for Afternic to see the txt first, and then you can switch back after they have confirmed the txt? Others on NP may know how long that takes usually.

Did you try the Dynadot direct listing tool? It was very simple to list from the Dynadot control panel for both Sedo and Afternic, without doing any other verification.

•••
Perhaps Caleb can confirm this. My understanding is that you have to wait for Afternic to see the txt first, and then you can switch back after they have confirmed the txt? Others on NP may know how long that takes usually.

Did you try the Dynadot direct listing tool? It was very simple to list from the Dynadot control panel for both Sedo and Afternic, without doing any other verification.
Yes I think that's what I did wrong. I switched before they verified. I was planning on just listing from the Dynadot panel on afternic but the domains that had been listed for sale by another seller are under transfer lock so this isn't an option in my account at the moment. I only wanted to get them into afternic to take down the rogue listings from other sellers. I'd probably have been better just waiting until I could list straight from Dynadot. I panicked a bit when my afternic account got suspended and couldn't work out why they couldn't verify the domains.

Thanks for the help, I've spent a year reading posts on this forum so that I was better prepared but I still have a lot to learn. I actually really like Dynadot but I have found the way the nameservers/DNS records operate just took me a bit of time to work out.

•••
I set new nameservers for some of my domains and want to switch back to Dynadot for sale landers. However, when I go to choose nameservers - there is no option to switch back. If I choose the For Sale Landers, it allows me to set this - but it doesn't change the name servers back to Dynadot. How do I get back to Dyandot servers/DNS with their landing pages? Every other registrar allows a button to revert/choose their nameservers. Not Dyndaot. Urgh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back