NameSilo

news Emoji could soon take over domain names | CNET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The internet domain registrar and web hosting company is making it easier to search for and register available emoji-based domains. On Friday, the company launched a search engine for emoji domains. People can visit the site on their phones, type in a string of emoji and see if the domain is available.
As more of the world increasingly uses the internet on phones and other mobile devices, a flood of emoji-based domains seems inevitable. Heck, even the Touch Bar on Apple's new MacBook Pro will let you type in emoji, something that's difficult to do with a traditional computer keyboard...
emoji.png

Read More on CNET and DomainSuccess

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Received $3000 initial offer on ☁ dot ws..
That is a sweet offer. Congrats. Good luck if you decide on it (or negotiate).

•••
Beginning tomorrow (today, depending what side of the world you live) Australia to offer option to put an emoji on your vanity license plates.

https://jalopnik.com/emoji-license-plates-are-a-thing-now-because-everything-1832870610

People really love the emoji, or just plain hate it. No middle ground on this one, lol. From the article:
The only place this should be acceptable is in hell
I think it's great, personally. How long before we have something like scannable plates, similar to a QR code? Where a scan of your plate goes to a site..

•••
I think we all wasted time discussing about emoji. Let's move on and make some money.

•••
I think I'd get the eggplant emoji on my license plate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back