Dynadot

End User Domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SydneyB08

Established Member
Impact
Hey all,
I'm new to this whole domaining business and I have a few questions when targeting to end users. Does the age matter with geo specific names? For example, if I went and hand registered MiamiBarber.com and went and tried to sell it to end users the next day, would it matter? Also does length matter when it comes to geo specific names? Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The age only will matter when it comes to the domain transfer itself. I think most registrar will put a lock on the domain for 60 days, so it can only be transferred to the same registrar.
The domain length is debatable, but honestly in the end it just depends on the end user.. if they like it, then they will buy it.

•••
•••
Some potential buyers could see that you just registered it and try and use that info to knock down the price, but it's really not an issue that's brought up often. The age is pretty much irrelevant.

As far as the length goes, shorter is generally better. I usually like to shoot for 2-word .com's (3 max in most cases). GeoService.com's and ServiceGeo.com's can be good to target. The example you gave would be great to own.

If it's one of the new gtld domains, I pretty much only stick with one word .extension's. Those are hard to sell though at this stage. Dot com is of course generally easiest to sell.

•••
So in essence, geoservice.com would be better than bestgeoservice.com? Also I know the ranking on Google would be a good selling point but I'm not sure how to build a website and I kind of just wanted to sell just the domain. Is this possible?

•••
Hi

if you went and registered miamibarber.com for example, why do you think any barber in miami would be interested?

as is, barbers tend to be known by word of mouth, unless they are franchised like "hair cutters".

additionally, that term has no bid value, and low search volume.

so, think about who needs that name before you register it and why they couldn't have registered it before you.... if they wanted it?

nobody wants to receive spam email, especially one containing a sales pitch for an unwanted domain name.

please take that as a brief view, from the other side of the coin.

imo....

•••
I just used barber as an example. I know I will have to research industries that use online advertising a lot and will see the benefit in my domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back