IT.COM

debate Environmental Thread does anyone care that Amazon Rain Forest is burning down to the ground

Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
This is a total catastrophe and failure for the World and humanity at large. There are some things that surpass national boundaries and borders like Human Rights and certain Environmental issues that affect the whole Globe which surely should be of concern to all of us. Whether it’s the Oceans and Rivers that have been polluted or whether it’s our air and soil that have been poisoned, it all has something to do with human activity like the Global Warming and the Melting of the Ice Caps and Glaciers which is going to put many coastal Cities and Communities under water soon. IMO

Everyone’s opinions are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A large group of people who live a simple life with a small carbon footprint will have less impact on the environment than a small group of people who indulge themselves in excesses that produce a large carbon footprint. So I am not sure if population growth on its own can be the primary factor in global warming and climate change. I assume that areas with big population and large carbon footprint such as China and India are contributing more to pollution than Africa. IMO
Their carbon footprint isn't as small as you might think. Don't forget that a high % of rural Africans have moved into the big cities, which have become among the most polluted in the world.

Almost half the African population does not have basic sanitation, resulting in contaminated and extremely polluted water streams and rivers which help transmit diseases like diarrhea, cholera, dysentery and typhoid.

Sub-Saharan Africans also have a tendency to litter a lot, resulting in garbage accumulating in the streets that attract rats, flies, mosquitoes etc. which is such a danger to public health.

South Africa...

620x349

Poverty in Africa can be the result of political instability and ethnic conflicts, but mostly thanks to the massive corruption by it's ruling class who really don't give a crap about about the population.

Yes indeed China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia are still the biggest polluters, but at the rate their population is increasing, Africa will catch up in a decade or so.

India...

HY12GARBAGE3

China...
nanjing-littering-in-china.jpg

•••
I agree that Africa (and the rest of the World for that matter) has a long way to go to become fully environmentally conscious and friendly to the point that not only that the environment is not being damaged any more, but to actually see some of the existing damage being reversed and corrected. And I agree that the ruling class has an essential role to play in leading the population towards becoming more green, but do you see any improvement in Africa compared to the past, it looks like a few African countries have been taking the initiative to becoming more modern and democratic and as such do you see any hopes for the situation in Africa to get better.
In some countries, democracy has sort of improved, while in others it deteriorated or gotten worse.

The Youtube Video "Hope in a Changing Climate - by John D. Liu (2009)" I posted in the previous page shows countries like Ethiopia and Rwanda have started a reforestation and water conservation plan that has had excellent results, especially in Ethiopia.

In the near future I don't see too many positives coming out of Africa. It all depends on the masses changing their habits and especially the ruling class starting to pay more attention to their people instead of themselves.

The west has poured over 50 TRILLION $ in the last 40-50 years into Africa and what are the results? The ruling class got stinking rich while the vast majority is still filthy poor.

NGO's with good intentions come to African villages, build boreholes and pumps for the locals, only to return a few years latter and find no boreholes or pumps. Someone had stolen them to sell to scrapyards.

As bad as some of the other polluters are around the World such as China, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Indonesia that you had mentioned, which ones do you see getting better as far as having some plans to fix their pollution problems, and which ones do you think are getting worst by ignoring the situation.
China seems to be taking the initiative to clean up, but it's a massive undertaking. Lets wait and see. When the masses start protesting for cleaner air and water, maybe the governments will start to do something.

•••
I am glad to hear that you are doing your part in reducing pollution, as you said your Island is more environmentally conscious than other places, but landfills are a big problem for the rest of the World, even first World countries that we think are leading the environmental movement are sending their trash by ship or trainload to other places just to get rid of it.

It's good to know that you do your part in your personal life to help protect the environment and I appreciate all the opinions and info that you are providing for this thread, but that said I believe that we need to address these issues beyond just Africa and Asia that seem to be the focus of your criticism. I believe that some of the Western countries are also contributing greatly to global pollution problems, now they might not dump their trash directly into the oceans, but the fact that people are consuming more and more and are not willing to change their lifestyles can have as bad of an effect as what is going on in Africa and Asia and so in the interest of being fair and balanced the problems in the West needs to be addressed too with equal concern. IMO
I focus and am highly critical of the amount of pollution being created by Asia and Africa, because everyone else is totally ignoring it. I have no idea why, except to think that it's Politically Incorrect to do so.

Let's grab the bull by the horns and tell it how it is, instead of ignoring the elephants in the room.

Why is the US one of the countries with the highest obesity rate in the world? They eat too much unhealthy junk food, that's why. It's up to Americans to change their habits... but how?

If Americans (and not only) didn't eat so much junk food, then Indonesia wouldn't need to burn down their forests to plant Palm Oil plantations.

Palm oil is found in a huge number of products lining the shelves of grocery stores and widely used in food processing.

It is found in many supermarket products including bread, pastries, cereal, peanut butter, chocolate and margarine. It is also used in personal products like shampoo, cosmetics, cleaning products and biodiesel.

And much of the global supply comes from Indonesia, the largest palm oil producer in the world.

The country supplied 56% of the world’s palm oil last year.

As China’s population increases it's consumerism, so too have imports of palm oil from Indonesia spiked in recent years.

The global demand for palm oil is driving the fires in Indonesia
https://qz.com/1711172/the-global-demand-for-palm-oil-is-driving-the-fires-in-indonesia/

Palm-oil-plantation-fire-Indonesia-e1568805087813.jpg

Palm-oil-fruits.jpg

Indonesia-orangutan-rescue-palm-oi.jpg

•••
Today is the " Climate Strike " day in which many school kids are rallying in support of creating more awareness around the World about the Environmental problems. I must say that I was amazed at seeing how knowledgeable and determined some of those kids were, I was especially impressed by seeing one sign that said " There is no planet B" .

•••
Today is the " Climate Strike " day in which many school kids are rallying in support of creating more awareness around the World about the Environmental problems. I must say that I was amazed at seeing how knowledgeable and determined some of those kids were, I was especially impressed by seeing one sign that said " There is no planet B" .
All very nice but, I would be a lot more impressed if they all started boycotting all those big corporations and food chains that produce junk food, or that wrap their food in plastic. And I would be really impressed if they threw all their smart phones into a garbage container... for starters!

Apple.jpg

plastic-wrapped-vegetables_orig.jpeg

Rembrandt-painting.png

•••
The younger generation are very much aware of the problem that has been created by their supposed betters and elders and are starting to fight back, will they have time to grow up and fix the issues? I doubt it......

Nice story from here in the UK the other day
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49738889

•••
Interesting thread. Willing to keep an open mind, but my current stance on the environment is this:

Each one of us must do our part, when we can, in what ever way we can. It doesn't have to be heroic, it doesn't have to be something to shout about or brag about, just small things. The small make up up the parts of the larger. Teach your kids from when young. They will carry good habits they learn from us for the rest of their lives. It's cyclical. As they will teach theirs.

Don't rely on technology to make decisions for you, or tell you what to do. Use the brain you were born with. It is more than enough. Instead of relying on Alexa to start your fireplace, play your music or turn on your lights, do it yourself. Don't fall victim to the big technological lie. Feel your life. Touch your belongings, your friends, your family.

It's all a crock guys. The last 20 years. Feeding the smartphone machine, the so-called AI system. Smoke and mirrors, distracting us from bricks and mortar, crumbling away. Our basements, filled with junk, refilled every Christmas and birthdays. Climate change, as if our puny little lives matter so much in face of Mother Earth. Yes, the climate changes. It has for eons. Lets get over ourselves. Blame the cows for farting too much. While our countries spend millions, billions on bad deals, throwing away our health care and schooling, they distract us with technology and a fight against the inevitable- Mother Earth is PMS'ing, and there is no tampon for that.

Don't you guys remember the 90's, when Big Tech and our companies such as cable, hydro, government agencies promised us that Big Tech would make everything cheaper, things would be tickety boo? Well, I hate to break it to ya, but our reliance on Big Tech has made everything worse, not better. In every single way. We no longer get paper bills, yet our billing has skyrocketed. Mail doesn't get delivered to our homes, yet we pay more taxes. Communications is done via email or Internet, yet we pay exorbitant fees for the landlines and satellites required to communicate. Technology is smaller, cheaper, but now the prices are offset by "environmental fees". Banks tellers becoming obsolete, in favour of online banking. Yet banks are profiting in the billions, and charging us more and more. I could go on and on.

The common denominator in all this? Nope, not climate change. Did I mention, yes the climate changes? The common denominator is population growth. This should actually be a good thing. Means more hands on deck. But, we can't use our hands when we're too busy swiping, can we?

•••
Climate hypocrite Schwarzenegger poses with Greta the Climate Puppet then drives off laughing in his Hummer....
EE_tETmX4AACj-0.png

•••
Climate change hitting harder and sooner than originally forecasted,

Scientific report being submitted at the UN Climate Summit:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/09/1046972

It shouldn't take a genius to see that things are getting worse in the Environment.
The UN has lost all credibility in the climate debate. They have done nothing to stop pollution in third world countries. They are more of the problem and not the solution.

•••
A Lesson on Carbon Emissions and Common Sense...

Attention, students.
Because so many of you missed Friday’s classes, what with your little climate party and all, today I’m assigning extra work.

Let’s begin with mathematics. 558,400,000 is a really big number. Can anyone here tell me what it might represent?... No?

Well, that’s the amount in tonnes of carbon dioxide that Australia emitted last year.

I’ll just pause here for a minute until Samantha stops crying. By the way, Samantha, your sign at the climate rally needed a possessive apostrophe and “planet” was spelled incorrectly, so I’m putting you back in remedial English again.

Where were we? Oh, yes. 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide.

Let’s see how we can reduce that number. Ban coal mining? That’ll knock off a big chunk.
Ban petrol-powered vehicles? Good call. That’s another slab of emissions gone.

Does the class believe we should ban all mining? You do. Interesting. For your homework tonight, I want you all to design batteries that contain no nickel or cadmium.

Good luck getting to school in electric cars without those.

And there’ll be no more steel wind turbines once the iron ore mines are closed. It’s just the price we’ll have to pay, I suppose.

Even with all those bans, however, Australia will still be churning out carbon dioxide by the magical solar-powered truckload. Cuts need to go much further.

More people means more human activity which means more carbon dioxide, so let’s permanently ban immigration. Is the class agreed?

Hmmm. You’re not quite so enthusiastic about that one. Come on, students. Sacrifices must be made.

Speaking of which, how many of you have grandparents? Not any more you don’t.

And Samantha is crying again. Can someone please take her to the school safe space and let her “process some emotions”, or whatever the hell it is you kids do in there? Thank you.

Sing along with Kim Carnes: “All the world knows of her charms/She’s got/Stop Adani arms”

Who agrees we need to simplify our lives in order to reduce emissions? Returning to earlier times, when emissions were much lower, might help save our earth.

So goodbye to air travel, the internet and your cell phones. People got by without them in the past and they’ll survive without them in our sustainable future.

Still, those emissions will be way too high. Just for fun, let’s ban Australia and see what happens.

All factories, houses, streets, farms – gone. All people gone. Every atom of human presence on this land mass, completely erased.

At that point we’ll have finally cut our emissions to nothing. We’ve subtracted an annual 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Congratulations, children. By eliminating Australia, you’ve just reduced the world’s yearly generation of carbon dioxide from 37,100,000,000 tonnes to just … 36,541,600,000 tonnes.

Still, every tiny reduction helps, right? Maybe not. Let’s have a quick geography lesson. Tyler, please point out China on this map. No; that’s Luxembourg. China is a bit bigger. Try over here. There you go.

Here’s the thing about China. How long will it take for China to produce the equivalent amount of carbon dioxide that we’ve slashed by vanishing Australia? One year? Two years? Five years?

Not quite. Start the carbon dioxide clock on China right now, and that one enormous nation will have matched our annual output by October 10. China adds a whole Australia to the global emissions total every twenty days.

For that matter, China will have added another 1,190,953 tonnes by the end of this one-hour class.

Even a tiny increase in China’s output puts Australia in the shade. Various experts last year estimated that China was on course for a five per cent carbon dioxide boost.

This would mean an extra 521,637,550 tonnes – or basically what Australia generates. Our total is the same as China’s gentle upswing.
So maybe your protest was in the wrong country.

Here’s another assignment: write letters to the Chinese government demanding it stops dragging people out of poverty.

Make sure you include your full name and address, because the Chinese government is kind of big on keeping records. Send a photograph of yourself standing in front of your parents’ house.

You might repeat this process in India. In fact, rather than going to Europe for your next big family holiday, prevail upon your parents to visit India instead. The tiny village of Salaidih would be the perfect place to tell slum-dwelling residents they shouldn’t have electricity.

They’ll probably thank you for it. Or they should, if they aren’t stupid climate deniers. Indian paupers must avoid making the same tragic affluence mistakes as us, so we must keep their carbon footprints as tiny as possible.

Can you imagine how terrible is would be for the earth if all of India’s one billion-plus population owned cars and air-conditioners? It really doesn’t bear thinking about.

One further assignment: tonight, locate a clean, green alternative source for $66 billion in exports. That’s how much was raised last year by the Australian coal industry.

Working it out won’t be too much of a challenge, I’m sure. After all, you know science and stuff. About half of your signs on Friday claimed you know more about all these things than does the Prime Minister.

Show him how advanced your brains are by devising a brand-new multi-billion export bonanza.

Hey, look who’s back! Feeling better, Samantha? That’s nice. Feelings are the most important thing of all.”

•••
•••
The future is bleak.

Humans in 1st, 2nd and 3rd world countries will never see eye to eye on anything like emissions, ocean harvesting, etc. much less 'saving' the environment.

Future wars will be over 'pollution' and fresh water sources...of course food riots/wars will come as well. There is only one way to put the brakes on it today...humans have to stop breeding/multiplying. I know we are animals but I have hope that the majority realizes what they are doing by bringing more that 2 children to the planet and then holds back on having offspring...lets just enjoy practicing to make children rather than seeing how many we can have.

It truly makes me sad to think what is ahead...that is why I have not brought children into this mess. I made that decision when I was a young man and it has left a void in my life but just thinking about my nieces/nephews and their coming offspring puts me into a funk. Things will plod along for one, maybe two more generations before things get dire (quicker if we have a global war or a couple of big regional wars).

The only thing that gives me any consolation is that the earth will take care of herself eventually. Even if nuke or bio weapons are used, in 2-3000 years the planet should recover.

Don't give up hope yet, there is still a window of opportunity left for us to be able to save Humanity and the Environment, although this window is closing fast if we keep ignoring all the serious problems that we and this planet are facing. So the most important thing we all can do at the moment is to make everyone aware that there is not much time left before we reach the point of no return. (fortunately we haven't reached that point yet, at least not that I know).

There is still HOPE. :) :) :)

•••
So the most important thing we all can do at the moment is to make everyone aware that there is not much time left before we reach the point of no return.

Another thing to add to 'most important thing we all can do at the moment' is to come up with, and get behind, serious environmental solution options that could be 'no brainers' to adopt - including 'no brainers' to adopt from a $ making/$ saving stand point - while having potential to make a real environmental difference.
Eg. - this recent one seems to be heading in that direction: https://newatlas.com/environment/algae-fueled-bioreactor-carbon-sequestration/

I like their thought of "It says later this year it will make the designs for the bioreactor publicly available in the hope that it will inspire others to come up with similar solutions.".

Then there's 3D ocean farms as another example, that I'd mentioned to you on another thread. If the food source/fuel source/environmental cleaning specs are anywhere close to what they claim for such farming, another potential radical environmental game changer solution: "Smith’s website claims that 3D ocean farms totaling an area half the size of Maine would provide enough biofuel to replace all of the oil used in the U.S. Additionally, 3D ocean farms totaling an area the size of Washington State would be able to feed the world."

https://www.greenwave.org/our-work

Last edited:
•••
Another thing to add to 'most important thing we all can do at the moment' is to come up with, and get behind, serious environmental solution options that could be 'no brainers' to adopt - including 'no brainers' to adopt from a $ making/$ saving stand point - while having potential to make a real environmental difference.
Eg. - this recent one seems to be heading in that direction: https://newatlas.com/environment/algae-fueled-bioreactor-carbon-sequestration/

I like their thought of "It says later this year it will make the designs for the bioreactor publicly available in the hope that it will inspire others to come up with similar solutions.".

Then there's 3D ocean farms as another example, that I'd mentioned to you on another thread. If the food source/fuel source/environmental cleaning specs are anywhere close to what they claim for such farming, another potential radical environmental game changer solution: "Smith’s website claims that 3D ocean farms totaling an area half the size of Maine would provide enough biofuel to replace all of the oil used in the U.S. Additionally, 3D ocean farms totaling an area the size of Washington State would be able to feed the world."

https://www.greenwave.org/our-work

You bring up some very good ideas. We have to have a multitrack approach to the climate Change and the Environmental issues. But while we have all these delegates from all these different Countries at the Climate Summit it's very important to make sure that they understand that it's not going to be business as usual after the Summit is over and they return back to their big Villas and Mansions.

The reason that I empathize so much on their big Villas and Mansions is because that that kind of lifestyle along with owning multiple luxury cars and yachts uses more resources that any one person should be allowed to use.

Last edited:
•••
You bring up some very good ideas. We have to have a multitrack approach to the climate Change and the Environmental issues. But while we have all these delegates from all these different Countries at the Climate Summit it's very important to make sure that they understand that it's not going to be business as usual after the Summit is over and they return to their big Villas and Mansions.

The reason that I empathize so much on their big Villas and Mansions is because that that kind of lifestyle along with owning multiple luxury cars and yachts uses more resources that any one person should be allowed to use.

Agree on the multi-tracking - as long as some of those tracks don't use up resources that could deliver better results by using them elsewhere.

On the villas, mansions - until we're able to break people of that 'bad habit':

I don't think people who live in such things care too much what we think - there's enough of them in their social groups that like to impress each other (and impress most others) with their cars, houses, yachts. So how does one 'design ways forward while leaving the problem in place'. One way you could try to influence them is through their ego - eg. sell them on the idea that what they have is passe.

One example of what could be sold as 'next generation' mansions are Tesla's mansions:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/25/...y-houses-electrical-grid-battery-installation

Add Tesla's tech to things like mansion construction 3D printing - https://www.digitalengineering247.com/article/winsun-pushes-the-frontier-of-3d-printed-housing ; throw in some carbon sequestering/power creating bio-reactors I mentioned in my last post; add in some more tech like energy creating heating/cooling redox systems, which give off oxygen and hydrogen by-products, that can be used as a power source; and you might end up with mansions that can give back more than they take out of the environment.

https://newatlas.com/energy-on-dema...ail&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-b852d88d4e-90628689

•••
Its hard to believe that with all the resources, experts, and technology that is at our disposal (specially AI and super computer models) we still can't come up with a plan to manage this little Planet of ours so that there wouldn't be so much damage, destruction, and pain and suffering going on.

People don't like to bring politics into this but there just isn't a way around it. Just from the American side, under Trump. We have a President that:

said climate change is a Chinese hoax

points to snow as evidence the climate change isn't real

talked about raking the forest when we had fires

said windmills give us cancer

etc. I mean, it's just stupid stuff.

Again, he's paid off by fossil fuel companies. You just can't get anything positive done under him and most Republicans. They bow down to those companies.

How about those recent meetings? The most recent one he stayed like 10/15 minutes, then dipped out. The big one before, he didn't even show up. Said he had meetings but.............the 2 other people that were in the meeting with him showed up. He doesn't care.

Think all the decisions on the environment under Trump. I can't think of anything positive, it's all backwards. Alaska mining, go ahead. New pipeline, go ahead. Restrictions, loosen those things up. Pulling out of Paris climate accord. Rolling back Obama era environmental regulations. California tries to tighten things up, our President fights against that.

Trump to Revoke California’s Authority to Set Stricter Auto Emissions Rules
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-rules/ar-AAHrjFQ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Nothing but backwards under him.

So much damage "environment under Trump"

https://www.google.com/search?clien...hUKEwimk6Gsy-3kAhWFdt8KHXuNDZ4Q4dUDCAo&uact=5

Last edited:
•••
For a fun design project sometime in the future (with some potential resulting ideas that could be harvested and maybe used here), I've PrintaPlanet in .com, which will likely make use of such as 3D and 4D printed metamaterials, in ways that such as earthquakes aren't possible, or improbable.

I have PrintableHouses.com ,

We have the technology to do a lot of good, but first we have to overcome all the animosities and hostilities that are taking the World in the wrong direction and are distracting us from the real issues that need our attention, and next we have to come up with the will and the courage to make the necessary changes in our lifestyles and habits before it's too late (and when I say we I mean Humanity as a whole). IMO

•••
For what it's worth:

"Climate change is a marketing problem. ……… . That’s because humans make choices. If we live in a culture where people are free to choose, we’ve offered control over our future to others. When humans make choices–that’s marketing. …….. . If you want to change things, it helps to understand how humans make choices."
https://seths.blog/2019/09/you-might-have-a-marketing-problem/

Conflicts: A Better Way to Resolve Them
https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/111/1115939/conflicts/9781785041891.html

Last edited:
•••
Was checking my book shelves to see what I might recycle, and came across a couple copies of Furry Logic, that I forgot I had. Thought of you and your environmental thread, OT:
https://bookysh.wordpress.com/2010/09/08/dont-worry-furry-logic-series/

Furry logic as you call it and abstract thought and ideas should not be totally ignored and discounted as the evolution of our understanding of ourselves and our environment might expand what we might consider to be logical and correct in the future.

For example the idea of being over productive contributing to our Environmental problems tends to lead to the logical conclusion that the more lazy people are more Environmentally friendly and might actually be living ahead of their time if in the future being too productive is going to be considered a bad thing. Having an open mind requires that one considers all possibilities even if they sound funny at first. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Study: Chinese Cargo Ships Dump 73% of Trash in Atlantic Ocean
International researchers estimate that as much as 73 percent of the garbage in the Atlantic Ocean originates from Chinese merchant vessels, Canada’s National Post reported on Tuesday.

Researchers from Canada and South Africa studied waste washed up on the beaches of Inaccessible Island, an island in the heart of the southern Atlantic Ocean, on a series of trips that began in 1984. Nearly three-quarters of the trash they sifted through originated in Asia, produced by China. The research challenges long assumptions that plastic debris at sea primarily originates on land.

In addition, 90 percent of the debris recovered was time-stamped within the last year, and it would take an average of three to five years for that same garbage to make it from land to sea. The study was published by Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on Monday. As it explains in summary:

Many oceanic islands suffer high levels of stranded debris, particularly those near subtropical gyres where floating debris accumulates. During the last 3 decades, plastic drink bottles have shown the fastest growth rate of all debris types on remote Inaccessible Island. During the 1980s, most bottles drifted to the island from South America, carried 3,000 km by the west wind drift.

Currently, 75% of bottles are from Asia, with most from China. The recent manufacture dates indicate that few bottles could have drifted from Asia, and presumably are dumped from ships, in contravention of International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships regulations. Our results question the widely held assumption that most plastic debris at sea comes from land-based sources.

“I think the evidence is pretty strong that it’s coming from merchant shipping,” Ryan said, “surprised” by the discovery because he had assumed the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships would have better regulated that particular avenue.

“I think we need to look quite carefully at better monitoring and enforcement of regulations,” he concluded.

China is widely considered the world’s most egregious polluter. In 2018, the country produced more carbon emissions than the United States and the European Union combined. Thus far, their attempts to ensure their country remains habitable have had mixed results.

Young environmental activist Greta Thunberg and several of her peers notably filed a complaint with the U.N., citing the Convention on the Rights of the Child, against Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, and Turkey for their lack of effort against pollution. As China is not a signatory to that convention, it did not appear on the list of defendants.

https://www.breitbart.com/environme...ese-cargo-ships-dump-73-trash-atlantic-ocean/
brazil-ocean-garbage-trash-pollution-file-ap-640x480.jpg

Greta needs to start preaching in China first!

•••
I am for hydro power, Canada exports electricity to the US, there are a ton of places where we could capitalize on this with minimal damage to the environment, in fact my brother just built one (super) at a NY reservoir.

•••
Americans on the other hand have a very high % of fat or very obese people, while their elite are not fat... the opposite of Africa!

Gilsan, from Portugal:

"Almost 60% of the general Portuguese population is obese or pre-obese. Women, elderly and less educated individuals present the highest obesity prevalence. Abdominal obesity, in particular, seems to be a relevant public health problem among the elderly men."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946450/

Maybe, somebody wants to quote that for Gilsan. BTW this is why he blocked me. He hates when I point out reality to him. This is what I was getting at, handle your own business first. Maybe Gilsan can get his countrymen to stop eating so much.

The East Asians are the worst offenders in that department... especially China. Not only do they eat anything that moves, they also go to Africa and pay the poachers for elephant and rhino tusks, to name just those two magnificent animals, for pathetic and inhumane reasons that we all know about!

They also kill millions of sharks... for their fins! Revolting!

See, now he's blaming somebody else again, now it's East Asians/China. Post the Portugal numbers for him. Somebody copy and paste this for him:

Almost 60% of the general Portuguese population is obese or pre-obese. Women, elderly and less educated individuals present the highest obesity prevalence. Abdominal obesity, in particular, seems to be a relevant public health problem among the elderly men."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5946450/

Last edited:
•••
In certain parts of the World having some extra weight is a sign of wealth and success, what makes it worse is that those Elites have a certain appetite for eating every animal that is on the endangered species list. IMO
The East Asians are the worst offenders in that department... especially China. Not only do they eat anything that moves, they also go to Africa and pay the poachers for elephant and rhino tusks, to name just those two magnificent animals, for pathetic and inhumane reasons that we all know about!

They also kill millions of sharks... for their fins! Revolting!

Last edited:
•••
PG&E to Cut Power for Nearly 800,000 Customers Due to Wildfire Risk
Customers could be affected by a shut-off even if they aren’t experiencing extreme weather conditions where they are

PG&E Corp. PCG -5.22% is planning to shut off power to hundreds of thousands of people in California starting Wednesday as it seeks to prevent its electric lines from sparking more deadly wildfires, in what is believed to be the largest such pre-emptive blackout ever.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pg-e-w...ers-due-to-wildfire-risk-11570513569?mod=e2tw

•••
Anyone heard of Boyan Slat?

EGLPi0TUcAAiNPI

Greta is creating awareness and Boyan is coming up with solutions, both are serving Humanity and the Environment in their own way, on the other hand those who keep mocking others are just doing a disservice to the whole cause of saving the Planet. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back