IT.COM

Epik.com Promo Deals and Happy Hour Mega-Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sufyan Alani

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm creating this post to keep you all informed of Epik.com Happy Hours!
Every day, we'll try to discount an extension and give you the chance to register & invest in this extension.

Today, we're featuring .US extension, and we're discounting it to $1.50 for new registrations starting now, and will be ON for the next 5 hours.

The following is a list of all domain names that have been registered previously before under .US, and are available one more time for registration: https://armored.net/index.php/s/t9rf2GLm4JktQWn

Remember, all domains registered at Epik include:
- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Here is also a link to ALL promos that we're currently running, in case you wanted to look into something different: https://www.epik.com/promos/

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Also, let me know what extensions you'd be interested to see featuring in our future Happy Hours! We'll do our best to accommodate all requests.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Sufyan Alani and I had a crazy idea. :)

Who here thinks Epik.com should drop the price of .COM registrations for the rest of the quarter until September 30 -- every day all the time?

To do it, we need to know who's in for this deal. So, like this post if you want Cheap .COM for the rest of the quarter.

25 Likes - $7.29
50 Likes - $6.99
75 Likes - $6.71
100 Likes - $6.49

Fine print:

No limits. No minimums.

No tax, ICANN fee include.

Free privacy, free parking, free 4096-bit SSL, free Wordpress.

No nonsense. No kidding.

•••
•••
Hey @Rob Monster. What`s about 300 likes and $5.99 reg. and $6.49 transfer?

and

1000 likes and $5.99 reg. and $6.49 transfer forever?

Show attachment 127736

Wow, you really do know how to raise the stakes!

At 200 likes we said we'll drop the .COM registration price to $5.99 through the end of September. We are planning to honor that promise right on schedule.

As for next hurdle, we could do the following through end September:

300 likes: $5.49 .com reg / $6.49 .com transfers all the time
600 likes: $4.99 .com reg / $5.99 .com transfers all the time

Contest rules
: Please don't make the NP moderators do extra work to remove fake accounts.

•••
300+. It is done. Congrats.

Prices updated as promised:

$5.49 .com creates
$6.49 .com transfers

We'll honor this through September 30. Some day I will tell a story about it.

•••
Sufyan is going to be the domainer's best friend -- as he makes it rain with the registry promos. Registry operators should also get in touch with Sufyan.

This will be one integrated mega thread with all the Epik domain promos. For bulk buy deals also feel free to get in touch with any of the Epik staff here at NP including:

@Jess Robison
@Sufyan Alani
@BrookeUnderwood
@Rob Monster
@Taylor Ervin
@Ala Dadan
@Sarah@Epik
@Miao

We're here to help folks succeed at domaining and are happy to do our part.

•••
Y'all want some 2019 year-end love from Epik?

Here are two new year-end promos by popular request:

1. The .COM registrations and transfers will be $7.99 from now until Tuesday 1 PM PT.

2. We'll also offer a deposit bonus of 5% for anyone who is planning a big spend in 2020 but needs to recognize expense in 2019.

Thanks for a great 2019 -- a year of notable progress and foundation building.

@Sufyan Alani
@DanSanchez

•••
A really BIG WHALE showed up this morning to close out the month of whale watching.

upload_2019-10-31_6-33-45.png

So it is $5.99 for .COM for the rest of the day. Enjoy.

•••
Thanks for this very good deal! Could you please confirm the timezone i.e. Am I correct that it expires at midnight Seattle time (between 31st Oct and 1st Nov)?

Yes, ends in about about 2 hours. If at least 10 people like this post (right here), we'll extend the .COM transfer deal for another 24 hours to kick off November since we know pulling authcodes can be a tedious task at some registrars who seems to go out of their way to make that process extra cumbersome.

•••
@Rob Monster Did you receive my reply on the zendesk ticket? I'm not sure if it sent correctly

Yes, received. Replied a few minutes ago.

@Gube is a young guy in France who I learned about from from Frank Meester, a fellow Dutchman that does not come to NP too often but says Gube is great. I agree.

Gube was asking about the timing for post-pay backorders. We don't have an ETA for that upgrade but I am thinking that we can give everyone $8.49 .COM backorders.

That should allow folks to move more confidently in buying pending delete .com. How does that sound? If that sounds good, we'll get it implemented for all the NP members.

•••
A new hire asked me today about why we routinely give small guys the same deals as much bigger guys.

upload_2020-1-19_16-40-55.png

The fact is that the little guy of today who applies time and talent with discipline and humility can quite possibly become the titan of tomorrow. I have seen it, including right here on NP.

We embrace emerging markets and bootstrappers, not just because it is the humane thing to do, but also because it is a sound business strategy.

•••
•••
Well, I did not tell the CFO/Controller about this but we are honoring our side of the deal. So, we are at $5.99 for .COM through end-September.

Another hurdle has fallen:

upload_2019-9-1_13-9-40.png

•••
•••
October .COM Mega Promo at Epik

We want to be the favorite place for professional domain investors to sell, lease and park/lander their domains. We are building the most complete suite of tools and assembling the most exceptional team our industry has ever seen. Our most recent acquisitions of Bitmitigate.com, Sibyl.Li and now DomainFlippa.com/NameBrokers.com/NamInvestors.com are all part of a comprehensive roadmap to bring forward a new Golden Age for domains, and specifically for .COM.

When it comes to .COM, the reality is that most of the best inventory is taken. Once more people realize that .COM is back stronger than ever, I suspect we'll see fewer .com drops. The after-market is rapidly becoming the primary market. After all, it’s better for a domain investor to sell a domain for $10 than to drop a domain and get nothing. We are thinking about these issues and are committed to helping as many people as possible become successful domain investors. There is plenty of upside for everyone.

So, with the goal of becoming the #1 place to hold your "keeper" .COM domains, we want to make it a win-win when more folks move their .COM to Epik. By all means, take full advantage of the various .COM cheap registration promos that are sometimes being offered out there, e.g. $1 .COM from Network Solutions if you can figure out how to manage a ton of unique accounts there. However, for your keepers, I would just move them to Epik and leverage our free tools.

Now, not everyone has a lot of .COM domains to transfer to Epik. We get that. However, if a "domain whale" comes along and wants to move 10,000 .COM domains to Epik, we'll want to give them a great price. However, in the spirit of “Rising tides raise all boats,” we also want to give everyone else a great price. Why not spread the wealth, and have the domain whale, be a domain hero?

When someone transfers into Epik the following number of domains, both they, and you will receive this pricing within the associated time frame. We have been calling these Happy Hours. For October, depending on who wants to do a bulk transfer, we'll make both creates and transfers dirt cheap based on the size of the incoming Domain Whale.

Our every day price for .COM is now set to $7.49 for creates and transfers -- full-service, all-inclusive, with any payment method. When the whales show up, here is what you can expect:

500+ .COM Transfers: $6.99 for 3 hours for both Creates and Transfers.

2500+ .COM Transfers: $6.49 for 6 hours for both Creates and Transfers.

5000+ .COM Transfers: $5.99 for 12 hours for both Creates and Transfers.

10,000+ .COM Transfers: $5.49 for 24 hours for both Creates and Transfers. (WOW!)

As for .COM backorders, they will remain at just $8.49 for all of October. It is first come first serve, so forget about hand-registering your dropcatches. For $8.49, if you are first in line at Epik, you will blow away just about anyone hand-registering or using APIs to dropcatch. @Gube has been hard at work with the engineers to introduce dropcatching upgrades that should allow Epik backorders to be fast but cheap. There are no auctions -- just first come first serve.

Let the October season of DOMAINER WHALE WATCHING BEGIN!

upload_2019-10-1_10-56-41.png

•••
All - I wanted to post here to let you know the following as there seems to be some confusion due to prior posts made here.

1. INTERNAL pushes are allowed and all Epik accounts are enabled to use this feature. Account Verification is NOT required to do this.

2. All Epik Users have the capability to update their email address on their Epik account by logging in - click on Account - View Profile - Email.

3. Domains that reside within Epik and are sold through the Marketplace are automatically delivered to the buyer, even those domains that are less than 60 days old.

If further clarification is needed on any of the above points, feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you all for your loyalty to Epik!

•••
Received email from other registrars:
You might have heard that the central registry (Verisign) is increasing their wholesale cost for .COM domain names soon. In light of this change, our prices will increase as well starting September 1, 2021 00:00 UTC.

What your NP's new price for COM starting September?
Thanks.

So far no price increase planned for .COM for NP members. At most, it will be a pass-through of our cost.

•••
Whale inbound today.

So, we'll have $6.99 .COM creates and transfers for the next 9 hours, until ~11 pm PT, 6 am UTC time.

In the meantime, wishing everyone a productive week!

•••
Quick update on deals and promos:

- We definitely went all out for Black Friday. We are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars of market development budget, i.e. cash spent there across promos and programs.

- We continue to work closely with the registries to bring awesome deals across all TLDs. For example, we want to bring back $0.99 .CO but there are other TLDs that offer great asymmetric returns when on deal.

- We continue to invest massively on technology with an accelerating pace of innovation visible throughout 2019 and much more to come in early 2020 in time for NamesCon Austin. I think you will be impressed.

- We are balancing commitments across service/support, innovation, empowerment programs, loans, and incentives. We are working to be fiscally responsible while helping as many folks as possible.

- As for loss-making promos, we'll place an emphasis on transfer incentives, especially for loyal customers who are consolidating and using our marketplace to sell, finance, and lease domains.

- Our commitment going forward is to be a price-leader for domain investors. We make money when you make money, i.e. when you sell or lease to an end-user. Otherwise, we actually lose on domainers.

For ongoing promos check here:

https://epik.com/promos

If there are deals with other registrars that you think Epik should be pursuing, check in with @Sufyan Alani.

Thanks for choosing Epik, and thanks for being engaged stakeholders in our continued commitment to make the big bigger for everyone. We appreciate it, and are humbled by your high standards for awesomeness.

•••
Hello everyone,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

.COM transfer-ins are set to $7.99 (UNLIMITED number of domain names) for the month of January, 2020 at epik.com.

All domains under Epik's management include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Start your transfers here: https://registrar.epik.com/domain-transfer

Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

•••
Whale inbound.

upload_2020-1-14_8-26-47.png

.COM registrations and transfers are $6.99 for next 4.5 hours. No limit.

•••
What will be price of .com domains starting Oct 1st?

We are still thinking about that topic. I believe it will be something like this for .COM from October 1 onwards;

$7.49 .COM transfers
$7.49 .COM creates
$8.49. COM -first come first serve no auction backorders
$8.49 .COM renewals

This is all-inclusive regardless of payment method. It is actually loss-making in the hard costs since we typically max out our Verisign rebate rather quickly.

Beyond this, we will run frequent happy hours at various time slots when a new "whale" arrives with 500+ .com arriving at a time where we are comfortable that they are planning to grow with Epik. This way everyone wins when another big domainrt moves to Epik. Win-win-win.

Three things:

1. In Q3, we got into some trouble with our resellers and wholesale customers. The $5.49 price (insane) was so low that it caused channel conflict for some of them.

2. We don't really want garbage registrations. The closer you get to $1, the more garbage you get. We don't want garbage registrations. It has zero after-market impact and causes auto-renew burden a year later.

3.We don't want to be on a registrar carousel. If someone is only coming for a cheap domain and not seeing Epik as their long term strategic ally and partner, we are not their registrar. Please rip off someone else!

We are all in this together. I believe we are heading into a new golden age for .COM. I can't say much for the other TLDs but we support nearly all of them. However for after-market speculation, it is a .com world.

Last edited:
•••
Month-end Mega Monster Whale Pod:

Unlimited $6.99 .com transfer and creates

Through 10/31 midnight PT.

•••
We have a couple of .ORG whales inbound today. So we just drooped .ORG transfer price to $8.99. We'll hold it there for a while.

ICYM, the .ORG after-market is picking up. Here's why: plutocratic guilt. When rich people get obscenely rich, they feel compelled to give back and they like tax shelters. So they set up foundations.

And because rich people tend to have big egos, they need a non-sucky domain for their foundations. True story. And now you know.

•••
It has been a good month. We'll keep the .COM transfer party going in August. Enjoy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back