Dynadot

alert Epik vs .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gabriele

Established Member
Impact
For at least a month, Epik has promptly placed expired .xyz domains into the pending delete/redemption period without providing the classic renewal grace period. This has created a misleading situation where the domains that are just expired remain in the account, giving the false impression that they can still be renewed or transferred within 30 days. Unfortunately, every attempt I have made to renew or transfer these domains has been unsuccessful, as they are no longer eligible for such actions:

Opera Snapshot_2023-06-20_100441_registrar.epik.com.png

What's even more troubling is that attempting to transfer .xyz domains to another registrar shortly before their expiration has proven futile. Despite initiating transfers days in advance, multiple domains that I was in the process of transferring to another registrar were marked for deletion. These domains are now stuck in a state of limbo, listed as "pending delete/pending transfer."

Opera Snapshot_2023-06-20_100713_www.whois.com.png

As a result of these practices, I have already experienced the permanent loss of multiple domains that I have owned for years.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
For at least a month, Epik has promptly placed expired .xyz domains into the pending delete/redemption period without providing the classic renewal grace period. This has created a misleading situation where the domains that are just expired remain in the account, giving the false impression that they can still be renewed or transferred within 30 days. Unfortunately, every attempt I have made to renew or transfer these domains has been unsuccessful, as they are no longer eligible for such actions:

Show attachment 240873

What's even more troubling is that attempting to transfer .xyz domains to another registrar shortly before their expiration has proven futile. Despite initiating transfers days in advance, multiple domains that I was in the process of transferring to another registrar were marked for deletion. These domains are now stuck in a state of limbo, listed as "pending delete/pending transfer."

Show attachment 240874

As a result of these practices, I have already experienced the permanent loss of multiple domains that I have owned for years.
This is bad. Outcome? Isn't the grace period defined by the t's and c's of the registry agreement, which is public. Where can you go for "policing" this? ICANN? Attorney?

•••
This is bad. Outcome? Isn't the grace period defined by the t's and c's of the registry agreement, which is public. Where can you go for "policing" this? ICANN? Attorney?

Everything is ok now. They have allowed to renew the domains at the normal price, no redemption fee.

•••
What about the domains that were permanently lost?

•••
What about the domains that were permanently lost?

Some were caught by SAV and I spent a couple hundred dollars getting them at auction.

•••
Some were caught by SAV and I spent a couple hundred dollars getting them at auction.
Glad it worked out in the long run. Sorry, you had such issues. Hopefully, the ones you bought back and auction make you a good ROI.

•••
Everything is ok now. They have allowed to renew the domains at the normal price, no redemption fee.
Quoted from your post above:
"As a result of these practices, I have already experienced the permanent loss of multiple domains that I have owned for years."

Glad to hear it. What about these Ds? ☝️

•••
Quoted from your post above:
"As a result of these practices, I have already experienced the permanent loss of multiple domains that I have owned for years."

Glad to hear it. What about these Ds? ☝️
Some domains (the most important ones) I got back again at auction. Others (the least important) I have left to others. Given the fact that the value of .xyz domains is practically zero now, that's okay.

In any case now the .xyz domains on Epik no longer go into cancellation immediately upon expiration, so they have already solved this problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back