IT.COM

.info Expired .info not dropping

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

armstrong

Man from ManilaVIP Member
Impact
I've been watching several dozen names scheduled for release since yesterday, but it seems that .info simply stopped dropping names. I did catch one scheduled for release at the same time - CISSP.info - but the rest are stuck at PENDING DELETE status.

Can anyone confirm this with the .info domains you are watching?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Same here, seems the drop is delayed?

•••
Well, one dropped that was scheduled for today - SERENGETI.info, and I regged it fast. However, the bulk of expected drops failed to happen. I wonder what's going on?

•••
They do not drop all the domains at once and also when domains drop they can be snagged up immediatly. The registry does not reflect the info immediatly. You may assume a domain is in pending delete status when somebody already snagged it.

•••
I registered a few more domains that had namewinner bids. And 15 minutes ago I just removed three of my own namewinner bids because I saw that they were free to reg, and yet namewinner had not regged them for me. So I cancelled the bids, and shall go on over to enom to register them myself.

Why would a domain be in pending delete status if someone already registered it? If you go directly to the registrar (afilias.info), it should show the most current info.

•••
I regged a dropped .info by hand which I had a backorder at pool.com. Very strange.
But pool.com finally grabbed a .info for me yesterday, it seems that pool.com would work on .info occasionally:lol:

•••
what kind of names u guys getting?

•••
Some recent regs:

cissp info 12/1/2004
eroticas info 12/2/2004
exploits info 11/29/2004
gallerie info 12/2/2004
pilgrims info 11/29/2004
serengeti info 12/2/2004
teetimes info 11/29/2004
tiedye info 11/29/2004

Its a mixed group, but basically I look for high overture numbers. Westlife, for example, got searched 70,000+ times, and erotica 189,000. Have you regged any recently-dropped .info?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back