Dynadot

advice First email for the already created contact

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bohdan

Top Member
Impact
Recently, I've contacted end-user through the Linkedin with the domain offer (the company is a group of companies and he owns all popular TLDs and I own .com) and after a couple of days, he gave me his email to move on. Therefore, the questions: What kind of initial email should it be? Should I describe all the advantages of switching to .com or just quote the price? Should I say that I have other companies with the same name in my mind or something else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If they already own/registered all the other tlds for the word/term. I certainly wouldn't insult their intelligence by going down the road of explaining the advantages to having the .com. Keep this 'follow-up' simple and sweet . Thank them for the email address, then move straight to your expectation of a sale price, mention as many payment options as you can accommodate. Then ask them to share their thoughts.

I have a couple of similar situations where potential buyers have all the other tlds (and me the .com) It certainly doesn't make it any easier. Sometimes they hand register all the other tlds then don't expect to pay much more for the Prized .com.

In fact I think registering all the other tlds sometimes is a sign that they are not thinking straight. ie better to try and obtain your .Com domain before showing their hand by going for all the other extensions. So respond with all this in mind.

Obviously you should also be keeping in-mind, If any of the other tlds they own are live, their business type, and even how recent their registrations are. If they registered the other tlds years ago, and haven't approached you in the past, then they are in no-rush and are probably just keeping an eye on any possible drop of the .com.

Finally if they registered all the others recently, then your in the best sales position your probably ever going to be - then I'd be playing a little bit more hard-ball

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for advice. They didn't own .com, because domain was owned by German company for over 20 years, which was founded before them.

•••
If you're getting traffic you can show them a screenshot of google analytics along with your price.

•••
Thanks for advice. They didn't own .com, because domain was owned by German company for over 20 years, which was founded before them.

Ahh, well that will make a big difference to how you handle the follow-up.. First, congrats on the catch. (If a drop) If it was very recent I'm guessing they are a little bit 'cheesed-off' that they didn't get it themselves. I've no-doubt they have already got a price in mind that they are prepared to pay. Again no point in being too elaborate in your follow-up email (that will be like rubbing salt in a wound)

Your really only trying to extract their 'Price Parameters' - Just got to bare in mind there's probably not too many possible buyers,

and as Jay Ha states, should have some good traffic stats after 20 years of use - otherwise it's just down to desirability by them to get hold-of . I quite like the mind-game sales jobs, when I've got the time to indulge in them

Last edited:
•••
Should I set some time frame for the offer and say, for the instance, that domain will be placed at the marketplaces? Is it a good strategy?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back